Mario Kart Wii

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Looks like a possible early April relase for the U.S. (since NA is getting it in the spring time).

Amazon.com has this release date for their sales (since amazon sells the products about 2 weeks or so after they're out on the market):

"This item will be released on April 30, 2008"

And yes, I know this isn't a solid date or anything- hence the "possible" part in the first sentence.

Looks like a possible early April relase for the U.S. (since NA is getting it in the spring time).

Amazon.com has this release date for their sales (since amazon sells the products about 2 weeks or so after they're out on the market):

"This item will be released on April 30, 2008"

And yes, I know this isn't a solid date or anything- hence the "possible" part in the first sentence.

Possible, yes, but Amazon is known for often being WAY off on items where they are the only ones offering a date. Which is not to say they are wrong, I'm just saying it might not even be April. So I know you said "possible" and that was the whole point of that, but what I said is worth baring in mind.

And Amazon always gets comic TPBs late (most bookstores get them a couple weeks after the comic shops do) but as far as I've seen they usually get games the same time as everyone else.

Possible, yes, but Amazon is known for often being WAY off on items where they are the only ones offering a date. Which is not to say they are wrong, I'm just saying it might not even be April. So I know you said "possible" and that was the whole point of that, but what I said is worth baring in mind.
In other words, you just wanted to repeat me. :wink:

In all seriousness though, your post indicated that it would likely be in the vicinity of mid-April - I've seen them be off by 7 or 8 months on things like this. They were 6 months off at one point for Phantom Hourglass.

In all seriousness though, your post indicated that it would likely be in the vicinity of mid-April - I've seen them be off by 7 or 8 months on things like this. They were 6 months off at one point for Phantom Hourglass.
I was going to post between March and April (since it's confirmed [as of right now] that's it's a Spring release), but then I remembered seeing books, games, etc. for Amazong selling them a few weeks after the items are on the store, so I went with that.

I do know that Amazon has been off by months, that's what I actually meant by possible. That if this actually holds/its true that we *could* see it around that time or so. But I do know that's to be taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
This game will kick *** , I love the mario kart games

I'm dubious that this will surpass the sheer excellence of Mario Kart DS..... but it's sure to be good to some degree.

Oh and anyone who thinks it's coming out in Q2 is surely fooling themselves. This is Nintendo we're talking about here, a company that will delay a 99% finished game for six months just to tweak something or other to sugar coated perfection. I'd say this won't be out until Q3, earliest, and if it is out in Q2 I'll eat my hat.

This is Nintendo we're talking about here, a company that will delay a 99% finished game for six months just to tweak something or other to sugar coated perfection. I'd say this won't be out until Q3, earliest, and if it is out in Q2 I'll eat my hat.

That's not a bad thing though , tweaking and perfecting is the reason Nintendo made games are great and games like say Spider-man 3 where crap. Let's face it most crap games again e.g Spider-man 3

With the right tweaking and perfecting like nintendo do could have been great. So what if the game is not out in time for the movie , perfect it till dvd release , If it's a good a game it will sell more.

That's not a bad thing though , tweaking and perfecting is the reason Nintendo made games are great and games like say Spider-man 3 where crap. Let's face it most crap games again e.g Spider-man 3

With the right tweaking and perfecting like nintendo do could have been great. So what if the game is not out in time for the movie , perfect it till dvd release , If it's a good a game it will sell more.

Never said it was a bad thing. My point was merely that it almost certainly won't be coming out in Q2.

Never said it was a bad thing. My point was merely that it almost certainly won't be coming out in Q2.

True , It just sounded bad , sorry. I wouldn't imagine it would be Q2 as they pushed Smash bros back to that didn't they? So I don't think they would want both in the same quarter.

Though I might be wrong

I'm pretty excited about this one. Every version of Mario Kart has been better than the last. It's crazy that they keep improving on the idea while keeping the basic feel of the game the same. I still love playing the original Mario Kart on super.

I'm pretty excited about this one. Every version of Mario Kart has been better than the last. It's crazy that they keep improving on the idea while keeping the basic feel of the game the same. I still love playing the original Mario Kart on super.

You liked Double Dash? I thought that it was actually a step backward for the series, and I'm worried that they're gonna try and change the formula again with the Wii version, what with the inclusion of motorcycles. Hopefully they remain optional at all times.

You liked Double Dash? I thought that it was actually a step backward for the series, and I'm worried that they're gonna try and change the formula again with the Wii version, what with the inclusion of motorcycles. Hopefully they remain optional at all times.

Agreed. I hated the double people thing. The fact there was no option for single kart was disappointing. So far Double Dash IMO is the weakest of the series. But I have hope the Wii version will be great.

Latest posts

Back