Mark Millar hypes Ultimate Fantastic Four at Newsarama

Per Request...

ULTFF021004.jpg

ULTFF021003.jpg

ULTFF021002.jpg

i kind of like the silly adventures. FF is an adventure team, i'd rather them not get all serious too soon. meeting the 616 FF may be a little too far, but i'm all for the rival school, johnny's new best pal, and microscopic fun

iceman said:
i kind of like the silly adventures. FF is an adventure team, i'd rather them not get all serious too soon. meeting the 616 FF may be a little too far, but i'm all for the rival school, johnny's new best pal, and microscopic fun
Microscopic fun? I didn't notice if Millar mentioned anything like that. Did he? I hope so, because he might be alluding to the Microverse, where the 616 FF met Psycho-Man.

He also mentioned a space fight. Anyone thinking Skrulls( or the chitari or whatever they are called. )

Onrng said:
He also mentioned a space fight. Anyone thinking Skrulls( or the chitari or whatever they are called. )
I doubt Millar would re-use the Chitauri because a) their paranoiac tone doesn't suit what he seems to be trying to achieve in UFF and b) Any surviving Chitauri who wanted to take over the earth have probably "relocated to the lower fourth dimension" to lick their wounds.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Who mentioned the Fantastic Four shrinking down and fighting inside the President? Because if they saved the president, that would get them some positive media attention, right?
Fighting inside the President? I don't know where that came from, but that's AWESOME. I'd love to see the UFF get all Innerspace on the President. Sounds wacky and fun.

Perhaps its an intentional pun on the Raquel Welch movie, Fantastic Voyage.

Well, I'm with Ice on this one... I do like the adventure aspect of the title that Millar seems to be honing in on, which is a good thing after all of the little pushes towards that Ellis has made in between his science babble, but how far is too far? Certainly the innerspace wars seems a little too silly to you guys, right? I don't have a problem with time travel and inter-dimensional cross-overs, but it seems the run is going to get more and more ridiculous as it goes on. We'll have to see, though.

I can't wait to see the rival school... I wonder if this is going to be run by the government, too.

Goodwill said:
Well, I'm with Ice on this one... I do like the adventure aspect of the title that Millar seems to be honing in on, which is a good thing after all of the little pushes towards that Ellis has made in between his science babble, but how far is too far? Certainly the innerspace wars seems a little too silly to you guys, right? I don't have a problem with time travel and inter-dimensional cross-overs, but it seems the run is going to get more and more ridiculous as it goes on. We'll have to see, though.
Well, whenever Millar does "silly" I usually like it.

In any case, how do interdimensional crossovers and time travel seem MORE ridiculous than nano-miniaturizing the Fantastic Four? At least nano-miniaturization is scientifically plausible in our world at the moment (albeit not involving humans... yet) whereas time travel and interdimensional crossovers remain largely the domain of either Stephen Hawking wannabes or tripped-out followers of Timothy Leary.

Yes, but time travel and inter-dimensional travel is entirely what the science fiction world is comprised of. I think that, after all of the time-travelling movies that I've seen, I'm more comfortable with it than I am with people shrinking down to get eaten by the President. The only place I've seen that in was Rugrats, and that was a stupid kids show at the time.

Goodwill said:
The only place I've seen that in was Rugrats, and that was a stupid kids show at the time.
I'm going to pretend that you didn't say that.

Honestly? The shrinking idea sounds like something only Millar would come up with. Something that may or may not work. I don't really mind the time travel if its not going to be a "the smallest actions have the largest consequences" story. That would suck.

I'm not sure why time travel would be any more outrageous than, say, N-Zone travel.

Bass said:
The N-Zone is red.

Shrinking size is not.

What more do you need to know?

UltimateE said:
I'm not sure why time travel would be any more outrageous than, say, N-Zone travel.

:crazy:

Latest posts

Back