Mark Millar hypes Ultimate Fantastic Four at Newsarama

Goodwill said:
:lol: Don't tell me you're going to be the rain on all of these parades, MwoF. I think this is magnificent news. Think about it... Without all of these obscure ideas, just what would the UFF be doing after the N-Zone arc?

No, I didn't mean it sarcastically. I really think it'd be cool to see Ultimate Kang used in the arc.

TheManWithoutFear said:
He might as well.

This I interpreted as something like, "Shoot, they're having the Four dive into the President's intestines, it's not like a time travelling war lord would make it any worse!" Sorry for the confusion.

Thing is, I wouldn't know what his purpose would be, and he needs one of those... You know, a purpose. I just think that it may be a tad tired to see a mad scientist trapse through time trying to conquer the world.

Goodwill said:
This I interpreted as something like, "Shoot, they're having the Four dive into the President's intestines, it's not like a time travelling war lord would make it any worse!" Sorry for the confusion.
Now that Bush has been officially removed as "President" of the Ultimate U.S. and replaced by a faceless nameless President, I vote that the inner-body Fantastic Voyage take place inside a President who looks like Martin Short.

Maybe the story involves Psycho-Man trying to take over the body of the President by shrinking himself and conquering the brain centers. It would seem pretty much in tune with the wacky stupidity of old Psycho's 616 counterpart.

ourchair said:
Maybe the story involves Psycho-Man trying to take over the body of the President by shrinking himself and conquering the brain centers. It would seem pretty much in tune with the wacky stupidity of old Psycho's 616 counterpart.

and it sounds just like something that should take place in 616... not even modern 616 but like 616 15 years ago...

Damnit Millar :x

TheManWithoutFear said:
and it sounds just like something that should take place in 616... not even modern 616 but like 616 15 years ago...

Damnit Millar :x
I'm pretty sure there's a good way to tone that down into something realistic while still being characteristically Millar-esque, but basically microscopic adventures and Psycho-Man have always been a part of each other.

Goodwill said:
It sounds like a story only Ellis could pull off, if you ask me...
Yeah, but it'd be mostly made up of splash pages of the President's internal organs for like an entire half-issue.

I think the combination of the words "splash" and "President's internal organs" sounds wrong, for some reason.

ourchair said:
Yeah, but it'd be mostly made up of splash pages of the President's internal organs for like an entire half-issue.
That, and it would probably take four months in real-world time, just to leave his digestive tract.

I second the likelihood of Psycho Man as the villain for this story, with 'offending nacho chip' as a close second. :p

Latest posts

Back