Mark Millar officially announces Ultimates Vol. 3

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
While posting on BKV.TV, Mark Millar said himself:

"As regards the Ultimates, we have no plans to do Ultimates 3, minis, specials or whatever after our run concludes. This will be as far as we're taking the characters and someone else will be writing and drawing Ultimates 3, a brand spanking new team and, before anyone asks, these lucky people haven't been chosen yet."

Read more by clicking on the link above.

You tricked me. I thought he was announcing he was going to do it. Didn't we already know this? It's suck but I'm not too disappointed by it.

thee great one said:
You tricked me. I thought he was announcing he was going to do it.
I didn't trick you. Not my fault if you misinterpreted the title.

thee great one said:
Didn't we already know this? It's suck but I'm not too disappointed by it.
Not exactly. It was never known if this was going to happen or not. Least, not officially.

Ice didnt trick anyone...and while the title leads you to think millar himself will do it, thats not what it really says...

anyways, thanks for the news...now only if we could get a creative team in the works..if hudlin takes over for millar on this or wolverine im going to have problems.

The Captain said:
if hudlin takes over for millar on this or wolverine im going to have problems.

If Hudlin took over Ultimates I would burn all...nah, it's too horrible to even consider.

icemastertron said:
"As regards the Ultimates, we have no plans to do Ultimates 3, minis, specials or whatever after our run concludes. This will be as far as we're taking the characters and someone else will be writing and drawing Ultimates 3, a brand spanking new team and, before anyone asks, these lucky people haven't been chosen yet."

Read more by clicking on the link above.
I cry.

Take it back, Mark! Take it back!

I didn't think Millar was carrying on with this from the title. But then you've got to have at least a two-digit IQ to understand these things. :wink:

I hope it's someone good... like someone good.

ProjectX2 said:
I didn't think Millar was carrying on with this from the title. But then you've got to have at least a two-digit IQ to understand these things. :wink:
There's nothing wrong with hoping against hope. By the way, I had my IQ checked a year ago, and it's confirmed: I am a supergenius.

I think Ice's title is great. ;) It's certainly getting people interested in the article, right? That's what it's all about, guys... The media is a big tease!

Anyway, it's interesting that a whole new team is coming in. Like, the characters built on in the first two volumes are being tossed so that a new team could be focused on. That's kind of arrogant of Hitch and Millar, but I think completely necessary.

Goodwill said:
Anyway, it's interesting that a whole new team is coming in. Like, the characters built on in the first two volumes are being tossed so that a new team could be focused on. That's kind of arrogant of Hitch and Millar, but I think completely necessary.
I'd be careful about assuming that all or most of them will still be around by the end of U2. Remember there's the traitor, who'll be exposed if not caught, whoever's family they get who'll probably drop out of the Ultimates, Stark who's got the tumor and might die......there's a lot that could happen in the last 7 or 8 issues.

Yes, but the current team is a fairly large team, with big guns at that. If characters like Stark die off, then there will be problems.

Hey, now, good to have you back.

First of all, I think a lot of people would care if Jan died, however, if Hawkeye died? Well, people would be pissed because it's the trend these days, but there's not really anything behind him, so...

Goodwill said:
First of all, I think a lot of people would care if Jan died, however, if Hawkeye died? Well, people would be pissed because it's the trend these days, but there's not really anything behind him, so...
The traitor's going to have his family chopped into pieces so he retires in grief or something.

Goodwill said:
I don't think Hawkeye should die, because I think there's still another avenue to take the character into at the moment.

Let's face it: Up until now, Hawkeye is the odd man out. He's the one who's managed to put himself under all sorts of undercover ops with Fury in the past (and prior to becoming a big-time super soldier, he ostensibly maintained a public profile as an Olympic archer). But through and through he's the family man caught up in a world gone insane with Nazi shapeshifters and megalomaniacal mutants.

Assuming we're right and Hawkeye's family gets slaughtered, the character can become closer to the edgy argumentative guy we know from 616. Having lost his family, he'll be the guy who always picks fights with the rest of the Ultimates, because he lost the stability of a home life, the peace of domestic comfort. He'd be the guy who'd say "F--- YOU, CAP!" And that's the Hawkeye we know and love.

TheManWithoutFear said:
No, Ice. This thread definitely makes you think that Millar is going to do more Ultimates... Thanks, ya big joik :arrgh:
How? By saying he's announcing there will be one? I don't see there anywhere that he's writting it.

MWF, were you drunk when you read this....:shifty:

Fear is the path to the dark side.

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate... leads to suffering.

I sense much fear in us all.

Latest posts

Back