All in one thread. Simple.

Continue.

Re: Marvel Animated Movies Vs DC Animated Movies.

Wow since these threads got merged I sound a lot more *****y than intended. Let me try to more clearly put this straight.

Warren Ellis is writing Iron Man and Wolverine will probably also have non Japanese writers, so I believe the only thing "anime" about this is the animation. Also, the Wolverine one will supposedly be about his time in Japan when he was killing ninjas and such. And really, how many Japanese animators have taken American characters and switched their outlooks on life? I can't think of any.

You got me there since I didn't research it. If Ellis is on it then I guess it has to be at least an A on the scale. And the only problem I had with Wolverine was the hair which really set me off. (I just think I hate mullets) So the concepts are good and I guess the animation is the only 'anime' part with American writers similar to how the Batman cartoon went which I approved.

Only in the most superficial sense in that they are both armors with pilots. What they stand for and the stories told about them are vastly different.

That was more of me just me taking the closest equivocation of anime to Iron Man and throwing Gundam in honestlly (I actually like Gundam ironically).

May I ask why?

To be honest I don't know why. I mean I should like anime for all rights. My fovorite books are comics and Harry Potter and my favorite movies are Pixar so I really should be into the fantastic nature of Anime and the amazing fight scenes due to my rapid love of intense fight scenes. And yet I can never get into anime. And this also doesn't make sense because three of my favorite shows as a kid, Pokemon, Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z were very good shows but I now can't back up the notion of them.

I'm wierd.

So by that logic you also hate all super hero movies, games, and cartoons?

I guess I meant that I couldn't see such American characters be thrust into such foreign concepts. And for an expantionist perceptive this is great, but my child's eye doesn't ever want to see some of his favorite heroes (especially Wolverine) get all glammed up and romanticised as Japanimation seems to do. Sometimes I just want my feral Canadian mutants to drink a beer and cut something instead of making an allegory to the proletariate like animes of today do.

Last edited:
Wolverine probably has the most "anime"-style hair than anyone in Marvel comics.

Japan is part of his backstory.

And Marvel published a really cool manga-style Wolverine book a few years ago called SNIKT! That style would work for anime.

If anything, Wolvie's perfect for anime. He's badass, a loner, a samurai .... he has all the characteristics of a typical anime character.

Re: Marvel Animated Movies Vs DC Animated Movies.

Warren Ellis is writing Iron Man and Wolverine will probably also have non Japanese writers, so I believe the only thing "anime" about this is the animation. Also, the Wolverine one will supposedly be about his time in Japan when he was killing ninjas and such. And really, how many Japanese animators have taken American characters and switched their outlooks on life? I can't think of any.

What about Witchblade?

Ohh yeaaaah. I only saw a few episodes though it seemed okay.

But they changed the characters from American to Japanese, so they kinda changed the premise, plus they added amnesia and give the main character a daugther.

But they changed the characters from American to Japanese, so they kinda changed the premise, plus they added amnesia and give the main character a daugther.

They didn't "Change" anything about the main character. Masane was the wielder after Sarah and Dani, remember the story is set a couple decades in the future.

Is this still happening? I've not heard any news about it for a while.

Last edited:
I was just thinking that yesterday, I haven't heard anything, though it's supposed to come out this spring.

Last edited:
CCI: G4 To Air Four Marvel Anime Series In 2011

The four Marvel Anime series produced by Madhouse Studios and written by Warren Ellis — Iron Man, Wolverine, X-Men and Blade — will air next year on G4TV. Each series is 12 episodes.

iron-man-anime-570x306.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back