Marvel announces "Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine"; "Ultimate Invasion" minis

Hmmm, Hulk vs Wolverine. Might be fun, if just for nostalgia. Still, I think it sounds to have potential. Invasion sounds interesting as well, though I wonder what direction it will take. Hopefully its not an ultimization of Atlantis Attacks, that crossover sucked in my opinion, might as well just ultimize the Infinity War or something :). The art from FF looks great though, the idea of a crazy zombie Hulk is going to give me nightmares. Oh, and that colorized version of the Galactus/Extinction cover looks GREAT. I really like it.

Guijllons said:
I still think it's the lighting, not real story plot to it.

I agree. And as Guij pointed out earlier, he was green in the issue with Xavier (#3 I believe). So he was indeed green in Ultimates (2).

That, or Hitch forgot he was grey :wink:
I dont understand what the reasoning behind making him grey in the U1 and making him green in u2 was. Granted, he is pictured in U2 only twice by my count. Thats why I am thinking we might get some kind of explanation for the change. I mean, he was figured pretty promenently in U1, and not so much in U2. Also, why do I care so much about his color? I need to get another hobby.

>.> did I say Hitch? I meant....the colorist of course...whos name I can't remember. I know Paul Mounts did Homland Security.

This is a record.... 5 pages in one night? I read the first post and I'm not gonna scroll through the rest because I had a rough night... a good but long rough one :)

Anyway, I'm kinda pissed...

Ultimate Hulk has to include Ultimate Wolverine? seriously.... **** that... Ultimate Banner can do fine on his own.

The story... Probably Fury knowing about Banner and having Logan do another "favor" for him and hunting down Banner....

But really this is just so goddamn ridiculous....

icemastertron said:
I hate though that Singer's run has been moved to start next summer! :furious:
Is it me or has Singer's run been on the UXM queue for decades? It feels like they keep pushing it back over and over and over.

TheManWithoutFear said:
This is a record.... 5 pages in one night? I read the first post and I'm not gonna scroll through the rest because I had a rough night... a good but long rough one :)

Anyway, I'm kinda pissed...

Ultimate Hulk has to include Ultimate Wolverine? seriously.... **** that... Ultimate Banner can do fine on his own.

The story... Probably Fury knowing about Banner and having Logan do another "favor" for him and hunting down Banner....

But really this is just so goddamn ridiculous....
Oh come on. Dont be a baby about it. This isnt about any of them doing fine on their own. This is about 2 of the best loved characters of the Ultimate U going at it for whatever reason. You know it was eventually going to happen, anyways. It was just a matter of time.

This was on x-fan website about the Ultimate panel:

There is an Ultimate Captain America series planned, but far, far in the future. Late 2006 at the earliest. The Ultimate universe is being planned 2-3 years in the future.

Yeah, that one's been planned for a long time now. Millar said he might do it before his contract's up, so maybe he'll still write it, and it just wont be done/out 'til next year.

ProjectX2 said:
The Hulk has a green tinge in the Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk mini. He's supposed to be grey!
Oh yeah?! The Hulk is gray in The Ultimates! He's supposed to be green like he was in Ultimate Marvel Team-Up! :lol: :crazy:

I dunno about you guys but I have less than zero enthusiasm for the possibility of Joe Madureira and Jeph Loeb working on The Ultimates, let alone the two of them together. I'm sure Bass would agree with regards to Loeb.

ourchair said:
Oh yeah?! The Hulk is gray in The Ultimates! He's supposed to be green like he was in Ultimate Marvel Team-Up! :lol: :crazy:

I dunno about you guys but I have less than zero enthusiasm for the possibility of Joe Madureira and Jeph Loeb working on The Ultimates, let alone the two of them together. I'm sure Bass would agree with regards to Loeb.
I've got no clue who I want to take over The Ultimates, but I know it's not Jeph Loeb. And I like the guy.

Maybe Ellis, in a revese Authority Switcheroo.... With Frank Quietly on pencils.... that'd be so cool....

ourchair said:
Wasn't it already said that they're working together on a project? :sure:

Anyways, that's talk for elsewhere. Some people are saying that Mike Turner might be used for Ultimates vol. 3. His contract doesnt officially start until 2007, and is only doing covers here and there starting mid next year. Maybe he'll be tapped for it? I think that'll be cool.

icemastertron said:
Yeah, that one's been planned for a long time now. Millar said he might do it before his contract's up, so maybe he'll still write it, and it just wont be done/out 'til next year.

That's what I thought, but I was thinking it was going to be a mini. To me that sounds like their talking about an ongoing series. I may be wrong...

Ultimate Invasion would have to have this scene.

<Johnny Storm> Dude! Who'd the flaming guy goin toe to toe with Namor?!?
<Reed> Thats the Human Torch.
<Johnny> ...dude, I'm the human torch. Who's this imposter?
<Reed> No, the original Human Torch. From the 40s. He fought with Captain America.
<johnny> ....wahtever, he better not try and do anything with the name. It's mine now.
<Reed> ... but.... it was... You know what? Let's just try and stop the atlanteans, ok?

Baxter said:
Ultimate Invasion would have to have this scene.

<Johnny Storm> Dude! Who'd the flaming guy goin toe to toe with Namor?!?
<Reed> Thats the Human Torch.
<Johnny> ...dude, I'm the human torch. Who's this imposter?
<Reed> No, the original Human Torch. From the 40s. He fought with Captain America.
<johnny> ....wahtever, he better not try and do anything with the name. It's mine now.
<Reed> ... but.... it was... You know what? Let's just try and stop the atlanteans, ok?
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

That's sooooo awesome. I wish it DOES have it!

I just read the CBR article :
"We have some more Ultimate announcements that we can't talk about here," Quesada said.

But wait, isn't this the Ultimates panel? Seems like a good place to make Ultimates announcements. CBR had to ask.

"We have deals with not one, but a couple magazines to premier certain news items," Quesada said, "and in some cases -- I think in one case -- it's a contract."

The last issue of Wizard said that this month's issue has an Ultimate Marvel preview. So I think we'll have some preview pages and even some more Ultimate news in about three weeks.

Baxter said:
I've got no clue who I want to take over The Ultimates, but I know it's not Jeph Loeb. And I like the guy.
Yeah, I'm alright with him, but I hardly think he's the right guy to pick up from any comic written by Millar because of their difference in tone and style.

Baxter said:
Maybe Ellis, in a revese Authority Switcheroo.... With Frank Quietly on pencils.... that'd be so cool....
I'd like Ellis... I'd LOVE Ellis. But only if he can get around his decompression and his overwhelming cynicism for 'Fight Comics'.

As for Michael Turner, I hope not. Okay, before I tick Ice off, I think someone better start a thread for Ultimates creative team speculation/wishes.

Bendis' timeline has the Silver Sable arc starting with 86 and on the comicscontinuum website it says Omega Red starts with 86. Does anyone remember the old Assassin Nation Plot story from Amazing Spider-Man (#320-325)? It had Silver Sable in it and Sabertooth was the assassin, maybe the arc will be something like this with Sabs out and Omega in. It was a long time ago but I think it was a pretty good story.

TheManWithoutFear said:

I think it's more likely to be a flashback...

icemastertron said:
This is about 2 of the best loved characters of the Ultimate U going at it for whatever reason. You know it was eventually going to happen, anyways. It was just a matter of time.

It's more than that...the UU has been more centered around events then characters (lately anyway). And Hulk vs. Wolverine was definitely an event.

Back