Marvel announces "Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine"; "Ultimate Invasion" minis

ourchair said:
I'd like Ellis... I'd LOVE Ellis. But only if he can get around his decompression and his overwhelming cynicism for 'Fight Comics'.
A simple return to the pace he set up in transmet would work well, lots of things happening and only a select few that have any real importance.
And fight comics are bollocks, i have a knee-jerk-face-punch reaction to anything that has the word "vs" in the title.

UltimateE said:
I think it's more likely to be a flashback...

One of the news coverage articles says: "The story takes place after the Ultimates tried to kill the Hulk. It will be told from the hunter and hunted's point of view."

ourchair said:
As for Michael Turner, I hope not. Okay, before I tick Ice off, I think someone better start a thread for Ultimates creative team speculation/wishes.
Tick me off? You're not gonna tick me of. You may not agree, ok. But you're not gonna tick me off. Dont know why you thought that.

UltimateE said:
It's more than that...the UU has been more centered around events then characters (lately anyway). And Hulk vs. Wolverine was definitely an event.
Agreed. :D

ultimatekramer said:
Bendis' timeline has the Silver Sable arc starting with 86 and on the comicscontinuum website it says Omega Red starts with 86. Does anyone remember the old Assassin Nation Plot story from Amazing Spider-Man (#320-325)? It had Silver Sable in it and Sabertooth was the assassin, maybe the arc will be something like this with Sabs out and Omega in. It was a long time ago but I think it was a pretty good story.

Omega Red? Deadpool? Reavers? In USM?

Did Bendis just read a whole bunch of old X-Men comics to get some ideas? Can we expect see Ultimate Trevor Fitzroy and Ultimate Fabian Cortez too? Ultimate Hazard? Did he run out of actual Spider-Man stories to 'ultimise'? I'd be surprised since in 80 issues he's had around two dozen villains (only one being his own original creation) show up while I think in 80 issues, Stan Lee and Steve Ditko had probably several dozen original villains ready to go.

UltimateE said:
I think it's more likely to be a flashback...

I don't know about that. Ultimate Hulk hasn't been around that long in regards to the Ultimate Universe timeline, probably only becoming the Hulk a little while before the UMTU #2-3 Spidey team-up. That is, assuming we don't have another writer just toss continuity out the window and have the Hulk created like ten years before or something.

TheManWithoutFear said:
This is a record.... 5 pages in one night? I read the first post and I'm not gonna scroll through the rest because I had a rough night... a good but long rough one :)

Anyway, I'm kinda pissed...

Ultimate Hulk has to include Ultimate Wolverine? seriously.... **** that... Ultimate Banner can do fine on his own.

The story... Probably Fury knowing about Banner and having Logan do another "favor" for him and hunting down Banner....

But really this is just so goddamn ridiculous....

I have to agree with you, it's an old story, we've heard it before, and there is so many better stories that can be told other than the same old bull****

Ultimate Houde said:
I have to agree with you, it's an old story, we've heard it before, and there is so many better stories that can be told other than the same old bull****
Same 'concept', not story.

And this isn't 616, where its always the "same old bull****".

icemastertron said:
Same 'concept', not story.

And this isn't 616, where its always the "same old bull****".

Point, but the Ultimate line is suppose to be new stories, different ideas.

I highly doubt this will be a different idea

Ultimate Houde said:
Point, but the Ultimate line is suppose to be new stories, different ideas.

I highly doubt this will be a different idea.
Actually, it's to have stories without 40 years of contiunity. No one said it HAD to be new stories. One thing they do is take stories and come up with twists in them. NOT jusat NEW stories AND different ideas. :roll:

I just don't see the point, this is Ultimate Hulk, not 616 Hulk. This Hulk would punch Wolverine, knock him out and spit of the bones when he's finished with him.
He beat up that Skrull guy, he ate that Skrull guy.

I just can't imagine this being appealing at all. It's silly.

Wouldn't it be a cool twist if Nick Fury (who helped Banner survive) is sending the Hulk after Wolverine (because Logan drank his last beer, or something more creative).

I think the only interesting thing would be the association with the supersoldier program. But I'm bored with Wolverine trying to discover his missing past already.

Guijllons said:
I think the only interesting thing would be the association with the supersoldier program. But I'm bored with Wolverine trying to discover his missing past already.

I've been bored by this the last 6 years of my life.

Guijllons said:
But I'm bored with Wolverine trying to discover his missing past already.

Me too. If you think about it, his lack of knowledge makes absolutely no sense in the 616. If the FF can travel through time as easily as a nomal person can take the ol' station wagon out for a Sunday drive, why the hell hasn't Logan asked them to help him learn about his past?

MAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marvelman said:
Cuz they hate those freakin mutants.

Duuuuh! :roll:
REED: "Gah! I hate those goddam muties so much! With their 'hip hop' and their 'fried chicken'! If only I could use my astounding intelligence to rid to the world of mutant scum instead of 'heeelllping people!' HELPING PEOPLE'S FOR HIPPIES!!!"

SUE: "You tell 'em Reed! I'm glad we home school Franklin and Val so they don't have to go to school with those filthy animals. Who do they think they are? With their 'superpowers'!"

REED: "Uh, Sue......we have superpowers too..."

SUE: "I know, but we're not mutants!"

REED: "Oh, I see your reasoning now!"

moonmaster said:
Me too. If you think about it, his lack of knowledge makes absolutely no sense in the 616. If the FF can travel through time as easily as a nomal person can take the ol' station wagon out for a Sunday drive, why the hell hasn't Logan asked them to help him learn about his past?

MAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, that'll make a great story!

Than we'll have people complainin' on how such a cop out that is, and how bad the story is. :roll:

Latest posts

Back