July 28th, 2017 - Thor: Ragnarok
November 3, 2017 - Black Panther
May 4, 2018 - The Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
July 6th, 2018 - Captain Marvel
November 2, 2018 - Inhumans
May 3, 2019 - The Avengers: Infinity War Part 2

Chadwick Boseman is playing Black Panther

1600_phpbad0ltbpconcept_finalsized.jpg

Two films between the Avengers films. Kree must be involved. They have to be.

Last edited:
Cool! Obviously only going by the titles, of course, but these sound interesting.

Specifically RAGNAROK and INFINITY WAR.

Black Panther will make his debut (in costume) in Captain America: Civil War.

Kevin Fiege says Civil War is the start of Phase 3.

Last edited:
a Female superhero and team movie = Parts 1 + 2. Looks like Marvel are took things from DC's plan (just pointing it out as everyones fast to say when dc take marvel stuff)

a Female superhero and team movie = Parts 1 + 2. Looks like Marvel are took things from DC's plan (just pointing it out as everyones fast to say when dc take marvel stuff)
Not at all. This was always Marvel's plans. WB (not so much DC) has only recently been scrapping plans together.

Not at all. This was always Marvel's plans. WB (not so much DC) has only recently been scrapping plans together.

Oh i know the universe was. But when asked last year if there would be a Black widow film they said no as they didn't a female lead in comic movie would sell. It just seems kinda funny that they announced that + the 2 parter after DC did

That said i think both will be fun for fans of either.

Oh i know the universe was. But when asked last year if there would be a Black widow film they said no as they didn't a female lead in comic movie would sell. It just seems kinda funny that they announced that + the 2 parter after DC did

That said i think both will be fun for fans of either.
I meant the plans they had for Captain Marvel and all.

I've never seen them say a female comic lead movie wouldn't do well or anything. Link? Source?

There were rumors of Avengers being split before DC announced a split Justice League. I also just realized Civil War's marketing is going to be GIANT

Last edited:
one example :

I think [Black Widow] has a central leading role in [Captain America: The Winter Soldier]. What people are really saying is "When are you doing a standalone female superhero movie?" The answer is: I don't know. We only do two a year, we know more or less what's coming up through '16/'17. With Widow what's great is the interaction with all the team members, and the question is whether we want to pluck her out of that.

Just 7 months ago http://screenrant.com/ms-marvel-black-widow-movie/

Then DC announced Wonder woman and ... yeah. It's good thing though that they are but DC announced a trailer for Batman/superman and people on websites were like "lol they are just coping marvel's avengers 2 trailer" i was just pointing out its a 2 way street. Based on the nature of comics both will copy both (as they have similar audiences so they judge what should work ect...)

There were rumors of Avengers being split before DC announced a split Justice League.

There was rumours of Batman/Superman team up movie years before any of the avengers films (hell poster is in "I am Legend") But all people respond to is which got officially announced first

Last edited:
Captain America - Civil War (May 6th, 2016)
Doctor Strange (November 4th, 2016)
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (May 5th, 2017)
Thor - Ragnarok (July 28th, 2017)
Black Panther (November 3rd, 2017)
Avengers - Infinity War, Part I (May 4th, 2018)
Captain Marvel (July 6, 2018)
Inhumans (November 2nd, 2018)
Avengers - Infinity War, Part II (May 5th, 2019)

That is a heck of a line up for the next 5 years.

While none of it is terribly surprising (in the sense that reliable rumors--like the Civil War rumor, the expectations of Black Panther, Captain Marvel getting a film, Inhumans being the MCU's solution to the lack of "mutants", Avengers 3 being split into two films as Infinity War does, etc--or blatant foreshadowing--Thanos in Avengers post credit scene, regarding the Infinity War films.

So while we knew it was coming, it's still great to have it confirmed and something to look forward to. Marvel and DC are in the ring. And it's going to be a glorious match.

one example : Just 7 months ago http://screenrant.com/ms-marvel-black-widow-movie/ Then DC announced Wonder woman and ... yeah.

Eh, I don't like to play favorites as I'm looking forward to seeing what both studios bring.

As for Captain Marvel being announced as a response to the Wonder Woman solo film? Very possible. However, Captain Marvel was a favorite on Feige's list of films he wanted made (along with Black Panther, Doctor Strange, and Ant-Man), and that definitely predates the Wonder Woman solo film announcement.

Like I said, debating who did what first is an exercise in frustration.

It's good thing though that they are but DC announced a trailer for Batman/superman and people on websites were like "lol they are just coping marvel's avengers 2 trailer" i was just pointing out its a 2 way street.

It most definitely is.

Based on the nature of comics both will copy both (as they have similar audiences so they judge what should work ect...) There was rumours of Batman/Superman team up movie years before any of the avengers films (hell poster is in "I am Legend") But all people respond to is which got officially announced first

Well, to be fair, that was just an Easter Egg in another movie.

And to also be fair, it's probably a sure thing that the success of the first Avengers film (and the Phase 1 films overall) is what motivated Warner Bros to realize the cash cow they'd have if they used the many beloved DC comics characters they held the rights to (all of the rights, which gives DC/Warner Bros an advantage since it's arguable Marvel won't see the Spider-Man, X-Men, etc film rights back for a long time).

So I just look at it that I'm psyched for what both studios and series bring to the table. Marvel has the advantage of a 5 year head start, introducing/reviving the concept of the shared film universe (started way back in the 1930's with the Universal monster crossover films), and generally leading the way.

DC has an advantage in the fact they own all their characters various rights, can learn from Marvel's mistakes, and can hopefully do for the entire DC Film Universe what Marvel's done with theirs, while taking their own approach.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was rumours of Batman/Superman team up movie years before any of the avengers films (hell poster is in "I am Legend") But all people respond to is which got officially announced first

That's true. To be honest it doesn't really matter to me who was first, I just want them to both be good.

And to also be fair, it's probably a sure thing that the success of the first Avengers film (and the Phase 1 films overall) is what motivated Warner Bros to realize the cash cow they'd have if they used the many beloved DC comics characters they held the rights to (all of the rights, which gives DC/Warner Bros an advantage since it's arguable Marvel won't see the Spider-Man, X-Men, etc film rights back for a long time).

So I just look at it that I'm psyched for what both studios and series bring to the table. Marvel has the advantage of a 5 year head start, introducing/reviving the concept of the shared film universe (started way back in the 1930's with the Universal monster crossover films), and generally leading the way.

DC has an advantage in the fact they own all their characters various rights, can learn from Marvel's mistakes, and can hopefully do for the entire DC Film Universe what Marvel's done with theirs, while taking their own approach.

I agree :) I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of a lot on line of anything dc does = answer to marvel. anything marvel does = 100% original. It seems a little unfair.

I'm rewatching The Incredible Hulk and the way they realistically applied the Super Soldier Serum to the universe is absolutely genius. America created a magic serum years ago and it created a superhero. Of course America would want that back into our weaponry, they want the biggest and baddest stuff. And because they want the biggest and baddest stuff they'd test it on the biggest and baddest dude and it worked, but Blonsky wanted more power and Steve Rogers didn't which is why Blonsky failed. Also they got the Hulk screaming at lightning scene from Hulk: Gray. Man I love this movie.

When DC does something similar to what Marvel has done, it's because they are lazy and copying Marvel's success. When Marvel does something similar to what DC has done, it's because Marvel was actually going to do that the entire time. In all seriousness though, it's a bit silly how much good will people give Marvel, while viewing anything DC does in the worst light possible.

When DC does something similar to what Marvel has done, it's because they are lazy and copying Marvel's success. When Marvel does something similar to what DC has done, it's because Marvel was actually going to do that the entire time. In all seriousness though, it's a bit silly how much good will people give Marvel, while viewing anything DC does in the worst light possible.

Yeah, I don't get it. DC have certainly used Marvel's success as a barometer for their own Justice League universe. But I'm excited for both. I'm sure Marvel and DC/Warner Bros will both do well at the box office. Can't wait to see them all.

Between 5 new Star Wars films, 8 new DC films, and 11 new Marvel films coming out over the next 5 years, as well as the many television shows, etc, it's a great time to be a comic book fan/geek.

Yeah, I don't get it. DC have certainly used Marvel's success as a barometer for their own Justice League universe. But I'm excited for both. I'm sure Marvel and DC/Warner Bros will both do well at the box office. Can't wait to see them all.

Between 5 new Star Wars films, 8 new DC films, and 11 new Marvel films coming out over the next 5 years, as well as the many television shows, etc, it's a great time to be a comic book fan/geek.

I agree. I'll admit that I'm a bit skeptical about whether or not DC is going to be able to pull off what they're doing, but I think you can be skeptical without being negative or mean-spirited. I just seems like a certain contingent of comic book fans really want DC to fail, and relish anytime they stumble, for whatever reason.

Black Panther will make his debut (in costume) in Captain America: Civil War.

Kevin Fiege says Civil War is the start of Phase 3.

And then you'll find out in the Black Panther movie that he's actually Steve Rogers pretending to be Chadwick Boseman.

But seriously, that's super sweet. I'm so excited about all of this.

So in 2015 we have:
the continuation of Agents of SHIELD season 2
Agent Carter TV show
Avengers 2
Daredevil TV show
Ant-Man
Jessica Jones TV show

then in 2016 we get:
Captain America: Civil War
Iron Fist TV show
Luke Cage TV show
Dr Strange
Probably Agents of SHIELD season 3
Maybe Defenders TV miniseries (or the next year)

then in 2017:
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Maybe Agents of SHIELD season 4 and other TV shows

then in 2018:
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
Captain Marvel
Inhumans
TV shows?

then in 2019:
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2
And probably other stuff

wow.

Last edited:
So in 2015 we have:
the continuation of Agents of SHIELD season 2
Agent Carter TV show
Avengers 2
Daredevil TV show
Ant-Man
Jessica Jones TV show

then in 2016 we get:
Captain America: Civil War
Iron Fist TV show
Luke Cage TV show
Dr Strange
Probably Agents of SHIELD season 3
Maybe Defenders TV miniseries (or the next year)

then in 2017:
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Maybe Agents of SHIELD season 4 and other TV shows

then in 2018:
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
Captain Marvel
Inhumans
TV shows?

then in 2019:
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2
And probably other stuff

wow.

Seriously.

And the Defenders mini definitely comes out in 2017.

Really hoping they get Cumby as Doctor Strange to cameo in Defenders, or even have a substantial role if they can talk him into it. But if not, a simple cameo, much like Fury's in the first Iron Man. He appears at the end of the Defenders series and recruits the four heroes.

A Defenders feature film comes later, maybe in 2019 or afterward.

With Marvel wrapping up the plot lines of the main Avengers characters (Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye) by the end of Infinity War, Part II, it's obvious Marvel is looking forward past A-IW2, and lining up new heroes beforehand: Ant-Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Wanda and Pietro, etc. It would allow Downey to still occasionally appear in cameos (something he's said he's very open to, especially since those roles don't involve a lot of physicality), and leave the action to the new team.

I'm sure GotG2, Captain Marvel, Inhumans, will all have some elements tying them together besides just the cosmic angle. I have a feeling they'll all serve, to varying degrees, as a prelude of the Infinity War films.

Seriously, knowing they're splitting Infinity War into two films leaves a lot of room to include... well, everybody.

The new Avengers team (Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wanda and Pietro) form in the aftermath of Age of Ultron and the likelihood the team splits and some members perhaps even die. The events of Civil War will undoubtedly impact the new team in some form.

By the time Thanos shows up with the fully loaded Infinity Gauntlet on Earth at the beginning of Avengers - Infinity War, Part 1, the new team will likely be completely outmatched. Hell, the old team would've been. Part 2 will hopefully have the original team (Cap, Tony, Thor--assuming he survives Ragnarok, Hulk, Rhodey, Widow, and Hawkeye), the new team (Ant-Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Wanda and Pietro), the Guardians (Starlord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot), Inhumans (whichever characters appear in the Inhumans films, well, they'll go here) and a host of other allies (Kree, Inhumans, Asgardians... assuming there are any left after Ragnarok, maybe the Defenders), etc. Then it's a battle royale of superhuman proportions. That is a war I'm looking forward to seeing onscreen.

And I assume the Russo brothers are directing both parts 1 and 2 of Infinity War. That should be a lot of fun.

Also, regarding the mystery woman in the trailer (at the party scene when Ultron walks in):

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/10...oman-is-her-2384876?lt_source=external,manual

She's played by Claudia Kim, an actress from South Korea. What role she plays, especially in regards to being invited to a party populated only by Avengers and former SHIELD personnel (Hawkeye, Black Widow, Maria Hill), and the fact her role is described as a substantive supporting role, makes me wonder if she's not playing a character from the comics, and a substantial one given they've held onto that secret.

Latest posts

Back