Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

Some MCU news:

Loki will (obviously) return in Thor - Ragnarok, as well as (less obviously) play a role in both Avengers - Infinity War films

...which makes sense since he's obviously on Thanos' ****-list due to losing the staff and failing in his invasion of Earth from the first Avengers.

Also, looks like Loki and Heimdall will also appear in Avengers - Age of Ultron

They said that Thor: Ragnarok takes place immediately after Avengers: Age of Ultron ends. So that makes sense.

Really? I hadn't heard that. Interesting.

yeah, I couldn't find the direct quote but here's what Super Hero Hype! reported

July 28, 2017 will now be the release date for… Thor: Ragnarok! (A few of our readers called this one.) Of course, both Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston will be returning as Thor and Loki. Feige says that it will immediately follow the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron with the goal to take Thor to "another level of his own franchise."

I think it's amazing that five years ago we would have never even dreamed of having this conversation. Adam Warlock is a movie? We would have never thought that would ever happen. Now we have his cocoon in two and all of Guardians of the Galaxy. This is so damn cool.

I also think that if Marvel had the rights to the Spider-man movies a lot of this would never be happening either. I think it's forcing them to up their game and put more into (relatively) more obscure properties.

Wait a second. If i understood that correctly, someone said that Cap 3 is the first movie in Phase 3. If we go on the basis that Avengers films are the end of a phase, where does Ant-Man fit in? Is he phase 2? Phase 3? Inspired by canon?

Wait a second. If i understood that correctly, someone said that Cap 3 is the first movie in Phase 3. If we go on the basis that Avengers films are the end of a phase, where does Ant-Man fit in? Is he phase 2? Phase 3? Inspired by canon?
Fiege said himself at the event that Cap 3 is the start of Phase 3, so Ant-Man would end the second phase as it's the last MCU project out before Cap.

Last edited:
Actors up for roles of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage

Deadline brings word this afternooon that Marvel has begun testing actresses for the lead role in their Netflix series "Marvel's Jessica Jones," and among those names are Krysten Ritter ("Breaking Bad"), Alexandra Daddario ("True Detective"), Teresa Palmer (Warm Bodies) and Jessica De Gouw ("Arrow").

The outlet also reports that two names have emerged as the front runners for the Luke Cage role: Lance Gross ("Crisis") and Halo: Nightfall's Mike Colter.

Also:
Cage will reportedly appear in seven of the 13 episodes in the "Jessica Jones" series before going on to appear in his own 13-episode series.

MARVEL’S ANT-MAN PRELUDE #1 (of 2) in Marvel's February 2015 solicitations.

Cool, adding those to the timeline tentatively.

MARVEL’S ANT-MAN PRELUDE #1 (of 2)
WILL CORONA PILGRIM (w)
MIGUEL SEPULVEDA (A)
GET READY FOR MARVEL’S NEXT SMASH HIT FILM WITH THIS OFFICIAL PREQUEL!
• Before Scott Lang becomes Marvel’s shrinking sensation, Dr. Hank Pym will pull on the helmet and leap into action on a death-defying mission that will take him into the icy heart of Cold War East Berlin!
32 PGS./Rated T …$2.99

Looks like it'll focus on Hank Pym and be set sometime between the 1960's and late 1980's.

Iron Man 2 is now about HYDRA failing to get the Iron Man suit, Justin Hammer being in love with Tony (up for debate but that's how I interpreted All Hail the King), WhipDynamo trying to get revenge for his father (assuming what happens in Agent Carter is Howard and Anton not getting along). Marvel's doing really good work on just bringing the hollow movies more depth.

EDIT: Totally forgot the scene where Vanko tells Tony he is getting revenge for his father.

Last edited:
The way Tony refers to Iron Man as it's own being, the nightmare scene, and even the first suit up scene in Iron Man 3 are a lot creepier now that we know the next bad guy is Ultron. They foreshadowed this hard. I hope AIM shows up in Agents of SHIELD.

Latest posts

Back