Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

First look at Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin via a good cause

[video=youtube;uf98RFxASps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf98RFxASps[/video]

Now that's the ****ing Kingpin!

A Punisher Netflix series would be cool. They could give it a bit of a Sons of Anarchy/Sopranos vibe for the villains, and a Death Wish influence for Frank.

I totally read Death Note there and was really confused why The Punisher would be cool with a book that killed people

Last edited:
So I just listened to the writer/director commentary on the CA:TWS Blu-ray. At the end, they talk about Fury's gravestone, and Anthony Russo says "We couldn't show the dates of his birth and death for various reasons". In the shot, the gravestone is obscured by flowers and all we see is 19XX-201X.

What possible reason could there be for not showing the dates? Some kind of secret in Fury's past that he's much older than he seems? Or did they just not want to be specific for fear of contradictions down the line? Any ideas?

EDIT: Here's the shot of the gravestone.

Last edited:
So I just listened to the writer/director commentary on the CA:TWS Blu-ray. At the end, they talk about Fury's gravestone, and Anthony Russo says "We couldn't show the dates of his birth and death for various reasons". In the shot, the gravestone is obscured by flowers and all we see is 19XX-201X.

What possible reason could there be for not showing the dates? Some kind of secret in Fury's past that he's much older than he seems? Or did they just not want to be specific for fear of contradictions down the line? Any ideas?

EDIT: Here's the shot of the gravestone.

Maybe the Infinity Formula exists in the MCU?

So I just listened to the writer/director commentary on the CA:TWS Blu-ray. At the end, they talk about Fury's gravestone, and Anthony Russo says "We couldn't show the dates of his birth and death for various reasons". In the shot, the gravestone is obscured by flowers and all we see is 19XX-201X. What possible reason could there be for not showing the dates? Some kind of secret in Fury's past that he's much older than he seems? Or did they just not want to be specific for fear of contradictions down the line? Any ideas? EDIT: Here's the shot of the gravestone.

Maybe the Infinity Formula exists in the MCU?

It's probably something along those lines. Fury maybe got a less perfect version of the super soldier serum, that while not making him as powerful and skilled as Cap, vastly extended his life and made his abilities as a younger man noticeably more so than other men, and as time went on his powers lessened as he aged. I figure he was possibly born in the early part of the twentieth century, 1910s-1920s, and did some extremely heroic actions during WWII before being severely injured (possibly where he got the facial scars and lost his eye). Perhaps Col Phillips (Tommy Lee Jones' character from CA-TFA) admired his heroism and offered him the chance to take part in the program. Perhaps even Agent Carter and Howard Stark did. Thus, he was given the formula, and while he didn't get Cap like strength and reflexes, his were improved far beyond the ability of normal men, joined SHIELD and worked under Carter and Stark for awhile, advancing his position within the organization until the 1970's or so. Eventually he became director of the organization, and in modern day is between 90-100 years old, but looks to be in his 50's or 60's.

Just a theory.

It's probably something along those lines. Fury maybe got a less perfect version of the super soldier serum, that while not making him as powerful and skilled as Cap, vastly extended his life and made his abilities as a younger man noticeably more so than other men, and as time went on his powers lessened as he aged. I figure he was possibly born in the early part of the twentieth century, 1910s-1920s, and did some extremely heroic actions during WWII before being severely injured (possibly where he got the facial scars and lost his eye). Perhaps Col Phillips (Tommy Lee Jones' character from CA-TFA) admired his heroism and offered him the chance to take part in the program. Perhaps even Agent Carter and Howard Stark did. Thus, he was given the formula, and while he didn't get Cap like strength and reflexes, his were improved far beyond the ability of normal men, joined SHIELD and worked under Carter and Stark for awhile, advancing his position within the organization until the 1970's or so. Eventually he became director of the organization, and in modern day is between 90-100 years old, but looks to be in his 50's or 60's.

Just a theory.

In the movie, Pierce tells a story about being in Bogota when the embassy was sieged by ELN, and Fury saving the day. The Bogota embassy siege (in the real world) happened in 1980. Pierce also shows a photo taken back then, in which Fury looks younger than he looks now, but I'd say older than in his early 30's, which he should be (though it's hard to say from one photo). He also has both his eyes.

So that might give support to the theory of him ageing slower than normal, but he definitely lost his eye sometime after 1980.

Last edited:
This is one of those moments that really bums me out knowing Marvel doesn't have all of their toys. Imagine how awesome it would have been seeing Nick Fury, Steve Rogers, Dum Dum Dugan, and James Howlett fighting Nazis together on the big screen.

In the movie, Pierce tells a story about being in Bogota when the embassy was sieged by ELN, and Fury saving the day. The Bogota embassy siege (in the real world) happened in 1980. Pierce also shows a photo taken back then, in which Fury looks younger than he looks now, but I'd say older than in his early 30's, which he should be (though it's hard to say from one photo). He also has both his eyes. So that might give support to the theory of him ageing slower than normal, but he definitely lost his eye sometime after 1980.

Ah, ok. I haven't seen Winter Soldier since it came out so forgot about that. I'll watch it again when I pick up the DVD.

Still, just place the eye loss thing later and not tied into him supposedly getting the Infinity Formula and it'd still work. I think a later season of Agent Carter could tackle that perfectly, introducing him after he's already received the formula and is a new recruit to SHIELD, played by a younger actor. Maybe in Season 2. Would be a nice surprise for viewers, and tie everything together a little more.

This is one of those moments that really bums me out knowing Marvel doesn't have all of their toys. Imagine how awesome it would have been seeing Nick Fury, Steve Rogers, Dum Dum Dugan, and James Howlett fighting Nazis together on the big screen.

Yeah. It'll happen eventually. At some point (God only knows when), the rights will revert back to Marvel. And with the big money Disney has, they can certainly afford to invest in buying back the X-Men/FF film property rights once Fox feels they're not really viable franchises to own. I suspect, unless the upcoming FF reboot surprises everyone and is amazing and makes huge box office numbers, that'll happen with the FF property before X-Men. It'll be interesting to see how that all develops. Same with Sony. Given their mishandling of the Spider-Man franchise, I can see them eventually giving up those rights for the right price, which Disney can certainly afford.

Yeah. It'll happen eventually. At some point (God only knows when), the rights will revert back to Marvel. And with the big money Disney has, they can certainly afford to invest in buying back the X-Men/FF film property rights once Fox feels they're not really viable franchises to own. I suspect, unless the upcoming FF reboot surprises everyone and is amazing and makes huge box office numbers, that'll happen with the FF property before X-Men. It'll be interesting to see how that all develops. Same with Sony. Given their mishandling of the Spider-Man franchise, I can see them eventually giving up those rights for the right price, which Disney can certainly afford.

For a film that had a huge hype when it was announced and cast we haven't heard jack about The Fantastic Four. It's even finished filming and nothing has came out for it. To me that's either meaning Fox isn't confident in it, it's a piece of crap, or both.

For a film that had a huge hype when it was announced and cast we haven't heard jack about The Fantastic Four. It's even finished filming and nothing has came out for it. To me that's either meaning Fox isn't confident in it, it's a piece of crap, or both.

That's pretty much my impression as well. The only good thing I've seen concerning the film was the Thing costume/design, which was used as a stand in on set. They'll be using CGI modeled after the stand in model, I guess.

That's pretty much my impression as well. The only good thing I've seen concerning the film was the Thing costume/design, which was used as a stand in on set. They'll be using CGI modeled after the stand in model, I guess.

I didn't care for that even. That's because I'm heavily against CGI over practical effects. This car commercial uses very little CGI. It's all puppetry and costumes.

[video=youtube;y73qbUcWdeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y73qbUcWdeo[/video]

A lot of GOTG was practical too. Including Rocket which was motion capture AND animatronics. If you ask me CGI is lazy and uninspired and should only be used for touch-ups and things that are 100% impossible with practical (very few things fall under this category).

Anyway, we're WAY off topic now. What if the Agent Carter bad guy is Scorpio and he is still Nick Fury's brother?

Rumor: Wesley Snipes to Reprise Blade Role!

Okay, so I liked the first two Blade movies and the third one sucked. Let's not kid ourselves though, all three are pretty bad but Snipes performance just makes it so damn fun to watch. Now imagine someone with talent (AKA someone who ISN'T David S Goyer) is writing his lines. *drool*

Rumor: Wesley Snipes to Reprise Blade Role! Okay, so I liked the first two Blade movies and the third one sucked. Let's not kid ourselves though, all three are pretty bad but Snipes performance just makes it so damn fun to watch. Now imagine someone with talent (AKA someone who ISN'T David S Goyer) is writing his lines. *drool*

I'll believe it when Marvel announces it, but until then I'll chalk it up to one of the countless baseless rumors started by internet trolls, or more likely merely as clickbait, possibly even wishful thinking on behalf of Snipes himself.

Besides, at 52, Snipes is getting up there in age. If it were to happen, it'd be a few years down the road at least, and Snipes would be 55 or 56 by then. I seriously doubt the chances of that. If Marvel were going to reboot the Blade character, I'm sure they'd cast a younger actor in the role, with Snipes maybe making a cameo.

A little bit of critical thinking will tell you that this, in all likelihood, is complete BS.

Last edited:
I'll believe it when Marvel announces it, but until then I'll chalk it up to one of the countless baseless rumors started by internet trolls, or more likely merely as clickbait, possibly even wishful thinking on behalf of Snipes himself.

Besides, at 52, Snipes is getting up there in age. If it were to happen, it'd be a few years down the road at least, and Snipes would be 55 or 56 by then. I seriously doubt the chances of that. If Marvel were going to reboot the Blade character, I'm sure they'd cast a younger actor in the role, with Snipes maybe making a cameo.

A little bit of critical thinking will tell you that this, in all likelihood, is complete BS.

Oh I know, I just decided instead of being Nancy Negative about it I'd get excited at the possibility.

It's very much wishful thinking from Snipes. He was interviewed in the latest issue of Empire, and was adamant that he'd be the right and only choice for the lead should Blade return, and was convinced that his absence was the main reason the Blade TV show failed.

Oh I know, I just decided instead of being Nancy Negative about it I'd get excited at the possibility.

But... you're Nancy Negative about so many other movie news/rumors... why would you be Priscilla Positive about something so... blatantly untrue?

It's very much wishful thinking from Snipes. He was interviewed in the latest issue of Empire, and was adamant that he'd be the right and only choice for the lead should Blade return, and was convinced that his absence was the main reason the Blade TV show failed.

He's hard up for money, and trying to reignite his career. It doesn't seem to be working.

Trying to be more positive. I'm too negative as it is. Gotta look on the bright side. Etc.

Latest posts

Back