Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

Some dude on Instagram found this.

10666219_694731203934253_1161013742_n_zpsde098248.jpg

I miss Jeph Loeb interviews.

My favorite was his interview fro Ultimate's 3, when he mentioned his Black Panther was a huge secret and was going to rock the foundation of the Ultimate Universe and how he included Spider-Man, not for story telling purposes, but because Joe Mad likes to draw Spider-Man.

Ahhhhh, Good times....

If there's an Ultimate Houde does that mean there's a cooler 616 Houde?

There is, but Ultimate Houde was way cooler (even as a nerdy scientist guy) up until around 2008. Then he got married and had a kid. Totally uncool.

Has he tried relaunching? I heard that works sometimes.

Was just about to post that. Not sure if they're kidding or legitimately laying the groundwork to introduce Frank Castle into the MCU. They did mention him (not by name but it's likely Punisher based on the description) as a candidate for a future Marvel One-Shot. I think a One-Shot short would be a good way to introduce the character into the MCU, possibly as a candidate for the second round of Netflix series (since those all seem aimed at street level characters). A One-Shot would be an affordable way of gauging interest in the character, especially since it wouldn't require any CGI or anything prohibitively expensive.

Either as a film or TV series, it's a ways off, probably at least 5 years down the road.

If it was meant to be Punisher driving the Penske truck, it brings to mind the question of how Frank knew about the goings on at SHIELD, specifically Fury being targeted for assassination by Hydra and where Cap, Widow, and Falcon would be when Sitwell was thrown from the car by Winter Soldier.

Still, if it's true, it's a VERY subtle and ingenious way of introducing the character to the MCU without even needing to cast any actor for the role yet, nor even mention him by name.

We'll see. They could just be messing with people, and the same Penske truck was used merely since they already had it on set for the first scene.

Has he tried relaunching? I heard that works sometimes.

Every time he has his wife tells him she has a headache. Poor Houde.

Also, it's admittedly creepy that I know so much about Houde's personal life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just about to post that. Not sure if they're kidding or legitimately laying the groundwork to introduce Frank Castle into the MCU. They did mention him (not by name but it's likely Punisher based on the description) as a candidate for a future Marvel One-Shot. I think a One-Shot short would be a good way to introduce the character into the MCU, possibly as a candidate for the second round of Netflix series (since those all seem aimed at street level characters). A One-Shot would be an affordable way of gauging interest in the character, especially since it wouldn't require any CGI or anything prohibitively expensive.

Either as a film or TV series, it's a ways off, probably at least 5 years down the road.

If it was meant to be Punisher driving the Penske truck, it brings to mind the question of how Frank knew about the goings on at SHIELD, specifically Fury being targeted for assassination by Hydra and where Cap, Widow, and Falcon would be when Sitwell was thrown from the car by Winter Soldier.

Still, if it's true, it's a VERY subtle and ingenious way of introducing the character to the MCU without even needing to cast any actor for the role yet, nor even mention him by name.

We'll see. They could just be messing with people, and the same Penske truck was used merely since they already had it on set for the first scene.

In All Hail the King Luis Allegre and Guido Carboni are seen behind bars so the crime family that kills Frank's family is definitely there.

I miss Jeph Loeb interviews.

My favorite was his interview fro Ultimate's 3, when he mentioned his Black Panther was a huge secret and was going to rock the foundation of the Ultimate Universe and how he included Spider-Man, not for story telling purposes, but because Joe Mad likes to draw Spider-Man.

Ahhhhh, Good times....

[thread=10885]Here's the thread - one of the greatest threads ever made on this site[/thread]

"You know that comic you hold really close to your heart because it's really important and significant for you? Come read people trash on it." I'm good man.

Scott Glenn to Play Stick in Daredevil

This cast is so incredible.

Last edited:
"You know that comic you hold really close to your heart because it's really important and significant for you? Come read people trash on it." I'm good man.

What?

Seriously, that thread should be required reading for all members here. TheComicBoard Manifesto, if you will (there's been a severe lack of manifestos on the boards lately).

There are some really good points made, one of which I forgot about: if Steve Rogers was pretending to be Black Panther, why wouldn't he notice or react to a robot posing as the real Captain America? That's the definition of a ridiculous plot hole.

Agreed. As usual, Marvel's casting department is killing it. Damn this show is going to be amazing.

This comic changed my life and I already get upset when I read/hear people ****ting on Jeph Loeb. Dude is one of my idols. I don't need that in my life man. I am going to read the interview though. Jeph Loeb is always hilarious and fun. I almost met him in New York. Really wish I had.

EDIT: Good panel. Still not reading the thread.

I also just realized season two of Agents of SHIELD is NEXT FREAKING WEEK!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back