Marvel Cinematic Universe News, Rumors, and Discussion

1. Black Widow is awesome and second best part of the first Avengers movie. (first best been hulk)

2. To say he wasn't Ant-Man is factually incorrect. that is right. I said "he's not Ant Man" As in Hank is not currently Ant man and so we won't see it. As for " Ultron is based on Tony's mind to an extreme. Is it good? No, but it's still an accurate representation of what Ultron is about" Not the point. It'd be like having Riddler break batman's back and claiming it's still true to knighfall. It's bane's think. Just like Ultron is Hank's thing and it still feels like they took something from hank to force tony to be more important. Just like civil war i bet Ironman is not half the **** he was in comic.

3. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were perfect? No Xmen days of futrure past had perfect Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch i'm not sure if she had powers or it was just an infinity gem

4. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is terrible

You have me with Thor, they need to soft reboot that franchise. I also agree with Thanos, but I've already discussed that.

1. Black Widow doesn't need nor deserves a movie. She's a bland character in the films, she's a bland character in the comics, and her origin already has been told in the MCU via Age of Ultron and Agent Carter. I don't know why anyone liked Black Widow.

2. Hank Pym is perfect, absolutely perfect and Cross was comic Ultron while the actual Ultron was an "accurate" Ultron as well. Ultron in the comics is based on Hank's mind to an extreme while Ultron is based on Tony's mind to an extreme. Is it good? No, but it's still an accurate representation of what Ultron is about. We also got Hank in the suit in a flashback, the entire movie is about Hank's legacy. To say he wasn't Ant-Man is factually incorrect.

3. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were perfect, the problem is that they were just given nothing to do and Whedon was upset they brought Coulson back and wanted to kill someone else off.

4. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is great.

[video=youtube;snNCIXJ52as]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snNCIXJ52as&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop[/video]

^This.

Also, I'm pretty tired of people complaining Thanos hasn't done anything yet.

This complaint relies completely on ignoring the fact Thanos is currently pursuing the various Infinity Stones across the universe. Once he has them all, he sets his sights on Earth.

It's meant to be the big shebang, the culmination of the first three phases and over a decade of films building to it.

This complaint relies completely on ignoring the fact Thanos is currently pursuing the various Infinity Stones across the universe. Once he has them all, he sets his sights on Earth.

It's meant to be the big shebang, the culmination of the first three phases and over a decade of films building to it.

It's not ignoring it's the fact every "after credits scene" showed next movie. Avengers 2012 teasing a movie in 2018 or 2019 is silly after Avengers 1 Who the hell didn't expect thanos in Avengers 2? Like i said up till then it was "tease , next film , tease , next film" pretty much. No one is "ignoring" that he's doing stuff behind scenes they are just not ignoring the tease was way to early.

Thanos should NOT have been teased till Ultron (assuming you believe it's alll planned from start, i dont) but nope they teased too soon. No it feels clone saga in comics like where sure it's still going but It should have stopped a while ago. I feel teasing him in Avengers based on the previous stuff was them promising something they were not going to deliver on in time.

Last edited:
1. Black Widow is awesome and second best part of the first Avengers movie. (first best been hulk)

2. To say he wasn't Ant-Man is factually incorrect. that is right. I said "he's not Ant Man" As in Hank is not currently Ant man and so we won't see it. As for " Ultron is based on Tony's mind to an extreme. Is it good? No, but it's still an accurate representation of what Ultron is about" Not the point. It'd be like having Riddler break batman's back and claiming it's still true to knighfall. It's bane's think. Just like Ultron is Hank's thing and it still feels like they took something from hank to force tony to be more important. Just like civil war i bet Ironman is not half the **** he was in comic.

3. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were perfect? No Xmen days of futrure past had perfect Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch i'm not sure if she had powers or it was just an infinity gem

4. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is terrible

1. In Avengers? No, if you said The Winter Soldier I would absolutely agree. TWS is the first time since Iron Man 2 that I felt that she had a role and even in Iron Man 2 her importance is basically swept aside for Nick Fury. Can you please explain to me what you see in her appearance in the first Avengers film? Because in the second one she's damsel in distress and a REALLY awful love interest/character all around and in the first one...I honestly can't remember anything significant she does. Closes the portal? I feel like anyone could have taken that spot though.

2. If the Riddler broke Batman's back with a riddle it would be fine. If he picked Batman up and snapped him in two I would agree. The basis for Ultron as a character is that he shares his creators views to the most extreme version and has daddy issues, both of which are in the film (jeez, you have me defending Age of Ultron). Then you have Yellowjacket who not only looks like comic Ultron in the face, but shares Hank's views, views Hank as a father figure, and is someone Hank himself said he saw too much of himself in. Yellowjacket is the closest we are getting to comic Ultron and that's why I have excepted MCU Ultron. As for Iron Man in Civil War

There's no other way to put this: You've never seen Tony be such a dick before.

Downey laughs and stomps his leg as he sits on the couch. "I know! I'm loving it."

3. Quicksilver in DOFP was so inaccurate to the comic it's not even funny. Age of Ultron Quicksilver was dead on like the comic. He was a jerk, he was cocky, he loved his sister (I like that the actors even went out of their way to add the incest from The Ultimates, it's a nice subtle touch), and was a hero at his core. DOFP was cocky, but he wasn't a jerk, just a teen who wanted to live his life in peace. And again, you have me defending Whedon.

4. How far did you watch? The show picks up around episode 10 of season 1. Admittedly, I don't think I like season 2 nearly as much as everyone else (the whole other SHIELD plot was really lame even though it gave us a loot of great characters), but it was still rather solid. Season 3 is incredible.

^This.

But we haven't SEEN him do anything. It's like I said before, I'm nervous that we won't get a good payoff. I'm going to go into fan fiction a bit, but here's what I want to see.

1. Thanos wrecking Asgard in Thor: Ragnorak to get to the Space Stone. I want the death of the gods to be done by his hand and I want Hulk to get absolutely trashed.

2. Xander and the Nova Corps should get destroyed by Thanos when he comes for the Power Stone. Richard Rider or Sam Alexander can find the last remaining helmet. Harley Keener could find it too, but I think he's being set up to be Iron Teen or something similar. I have the vision of Young Avengers with him and Cassie Lang in my head for some reason.

3. Thanos ripping the Mind Stone out of Vision's head after he's easily defeated the Avengers.

4. I'm imagining the Time Stone will show up in Doctor Strange. They seem to be hinting that the Eye of Agamotto has the ability of time travel. Also the Eye seems to have the Seal of the Vishanti on it, I don't think that's significant, but it is interesting.

5. I have absolutely no clue where the Soul Stone could show up, but Thanos needs to crush the owner.

6. Thanos trades Stan Lee to the Collector for the Reality Stone.

I love the MCU. It certainly has its issues, but they built a cinematic universe for Marvel that currently includes everybody but the FF and X-Men! That's incredible. I can forgive their missteps along the way.

And Agents of SHIELD sucked at first, but it's great now.

I'm not interested in arguing the minutia. Whether Thanos was teased too early or Widow is an interesting character is all just straight opinion. Its not worth arguing about. I don't mind discussing it, but it seems like every disagreement on this board gets blown out of proportion. I'm probably just as much to blame as anyone, so I'll stay out of this one.

1. In Avengers? No, if you said The Winter Soldier I would absolutely agree. TWS is the first time since Iron Man 2 that I felt that she had a role and even in Iron Man 2 her importance is basically swept aside for Nick Fury. Can you please explain to me what you see in her appearance in the first Avengers film? Because in the second one she's damsel in distress and a REALLY awful love interest/character all around and in the first one...I honestly can't remember anything significant she does. Closes the portal? I feel like anyone could have taken that spot though.

[video=youtube;XfvPTo6HKzU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfvPTo6HKzU&html5=1[/video]

Come on! that is bad ass she literally tricked loki. Was she the most useful op fighter ? Nope, But she was great. Even interrogation scene near start was just wonderful. She is a great character in 1. 2 I don't blame on Whedon as it seems more likely meddling from executives as the quality of 2 compared to 1 is so big as 2 is that bad. I don't see it all been Whedon and think it's no coincidence he left after it.

Last edited:
First a joke http://www.dorkly.com/post/76772/whats-taking-thanos-so-long-to-get-to-earth?ref=comics Then the real thing. Every one of these movies makes me less interested in the universe. I can't be the only one I am aware but Iron man 2 + 3 sucked hard like worse than Spider-man 3 or ASM 2 , Add mistakes throughout like Thor is an alien , no black widow movie, hank pym has been screwed over as he had like 2 things been ant man and created Ultron. Movies he's not Ant Man and its tony who does it. Tease Thanos then drag it out, a really bad quicksilver + scarlet witch who felt in their just to be there. I loved this universe at first but they have dragged stuff out and i think I'll stop at infinity war and skip most films before it maybe. The show of agents tied to it was bad. I feel this universe is a disappointment to me. Others will like and cool for them but I thinkI'll be done.

ASM2 is cinematic genius. And how the hell was the "scarlet witch" perfect in days of future past? She was a small girl in one scene

I love the MCU. It certainly has its issues, but they built a cinematic universe for Marvel that currently includes everybody but the FF and X-Men! That's incredible. I can forgive their missteps along the way.

And Agents of SHIELD sucked at first, but it's great now.

I'm not interested in arguing the minutia. Whether Thanos was teased too early or Widow is an interesting character is all just straight opinion. Its not worth arguing about. I don't mind discussing it, but it seems like every disagreement on this board gets blown out of proportion. I'm probably just as much to blame as anyone, so I'll stay out of this one.

You are literally a Nazi for thinking that our arguments get blown out of proportion. Literally. A Nazi. :p

But yeah, the MCU is incredible especially considering how much they've done without their two biggest franchises (X-Men and Spider-Man) and their original franchise (F4).

[video=youtube;XfvPTo6HKzU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfvPTo6HKzU&html5=1[/video]

Come on! that is bad ass she literally tricked loki. Was she the most useful op fighter ? Nope, But she was great. Even interrogation scene near start was just wonderful. She is a great character in 1. 2 I don't blame on Whedon as it seems more likely meddling from executives as the quality of 2 compared to 1 is so big as 2 is that bad. I don't see it all been Whedon and think it's no coincidence he left after it.

I honestly forgot about that scene. Lot of good it did too considering Hulk still rampaged the Hellicarrier and they were still caught off guard by Hawkeye's sneak attack. Also Whedon came up with that awful pairing, not the executives.

ASM2 is cinematic genius. And how the hell was the "scarlet witch" perfect in days of future past? She was a small girl in one scene

Never have I so strongly disagreed with one half of a post and then strongly agreed with the other half.

She wasn't but quicksilver was. She was just not that good in the MCU and not really really a character in the xmen films. BUT quicksilver was perfect in days.

She wasn't but quicksilver was. She was just not that good in the MCU and not really really a character in the xmen films. BUT quicksilver was perfect in days.

He had one scene that was pretty good but the other one was a more rounded character with personality. We can judge better if he has a bigger part in Apocalypse.

He had one scene that was pretty good but the other one was a more rounded character with personality. We can judge better if he has a bigger part in Apocalypse.

And the scene that was good was when he was in his room, everything after that with him sucked. Especially the slow down scene. Smallville did that whole "he's fast, let's show the world slow" thing too and it was dumb then as well.

Especially the slow down scene. Smallville did that whole "he's fast, let's show the world slow" thing too and it was dumb then as well.

So do the comics. As if he's actually going faster than we can see guess what ..... WE CAN'T SEE IT. So slow everything down BUT the speedster is a very valid technique as realistic way = looks boring seeing invisible person or just a blur do stuff. You need slow down moments too

So do the comics. As if he's actually going faster than we can see guess what ..... WE CAN'T SEE IT. So slow everything down BUT the speedster is a very valid technique as realistic way = looks boring seeing invisible person or just a blur do stuff. You need slow down moments too

Why? Just make a blur and then have whatever he did happen. Is the audience so stupid they won't get that he used his speed?

Except DoFP did it far more imaginatively and engrossing. :)

DOFP played my favorite superpower for comedy and then never brought it up again so no, it didn't. They both sucked. Age of Ultron's sucked too and I'm still trying to understand the smoke trails. The best "slow everything down" speed thing I've seen is that episode of The Flash where Barry told Iris how he felt in super speed.

Why? Just make a blur and then have whatever he did happen. Is the audience so stupid they won't get that he used his speed?

The auidence knows what a dinosaure is so why not save millions on jurrasic world sequel and have it filmed like this

dscf8842-e1377773686500.jpg

Unless you think people are too stupid to realise dinosaur's had bodies and it needs the cgi . You see? It has NOTHING to do with been too stupid as you tried to say. I just think a man shaking is not as interesting to see as someone shake him or bump him. Slow down is not about been stupid nor am I trying to say the people watching are. It's just visually far more appealing. Like guns do not fire the same in rl as they do in a movie. BUT Who care? some stuff in movies we accept. I mean why even show this iconic scene

old-sup.jpeg

Just blur it as he's going so fast right? Gosh do you idiots really want to see emotion? He did it! that's all you need to know here I made the scene better for you

BlueCityBlur-long+goodbye.png

Ahhhh yes I get goosebumps thinking of all that emotion the blur has. So much better right?

Slowmo works

Slow motion is awful in anything. You will never be able to convince me otherwise. As for dinosaur sticks, I would ABSOLUTELY love that film. Holy crap I'd buy that film on Blu-ray in a heartbeat! Keep everything the same except replace the dinosaurs with that. It's genius! I'm not being facetious either, I'm dying to see that and may even make it myself when I get my new computer.

I'm sure there are better words to use than calling people idiots, even if it's being used in a general way. Just sayin'.

Was not calling people idiots was saying that 100% sarcastic as I was referring to me in that category as a response to the only reason for wanting is slowmo is because i thought people were too stupid to figure it out with out.

Latest posts

Back