Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Hmm...
1. Both could be in it. Maybe the whole gang will be back together, haha.
2. Reed has been rumoured for a bit.
3. IMDB isn't always reliable. It often is right, but it can be wrong many times too.
So, we'll see.

It's pretty obvious from the trailer,
that is Stewart playing Xavier, and zooming in on some of the chairs you can see a 4 on someone's chest.
Yo legit? Which chair has that symbol on their chest, I'd love to see it? Got like a close up photo of it anywhere?

Edit: Nvm I looked at the other posts haha got excited and didn't check other places first. I hope it's Gruffudd personally I enjoy those films, the original FF was the first Marvel film.I saw in theaters. But I've heard rumor that Krasinski may be playing the.Mr. Fantastic variant

I think it should be on the timeline. Whats the contradicting timeline info
The main story takes place in the 16th century. This means it needs to be before 1521, which is when the Eternals finished their hunt for the Deviants and split up. They mention "one last global sweep", so it's clear this is before that flashback in the movie.
However, the comic shows multiple flashbacks, and one of those takes place in 1520. That would be fine, if the flashback didn't contradict the flashback after. It takes place in 1520, and the flashback after takes place in the 15th century and "a few years earlier" from the main story. This can't be, because then the main story would need to be set later than 1521, which is impossible since the Eternals weren't together at that point.

So, there's either one of these two contradictions going on:
-The comic contradicts the Eternals splitting up in 1521
Or
-The comic contradicts itself with one flashback being dated in 1520. 1502 would make more sense.

There's one other option, which is that the 1520 flashback takes place after all the other flashbacks in the comic, but it doesn't really make sense narratively, since it's clear all the flashbacks build towards the final flashback.

With this in mind, let me know if you guys want timeline placements for the comic.

Well, there's already multiple Doctor Stranges in this movie...
And none of them are the one from the 70s TV film unfortunately.
The main story takes place in the 16th century. This means it needs to be before 1521, which is when the Eternals finished their hunt for the Deviants and split up. They mention "one last global sweep", so it's clear this is before that flashback in the movie.
However, the comic shows multiple flashbacks, and one of those takes place in 1520. That would be fine, if the flashback didn't contradict the flashback after. It takes place in 1520, and the flashback after takes place in the 15th century and "a few years earlier" from the main story. This can't be, because then the main story would need to be set later than 1521, which is impossible since the Eternals weren't together at that point.

So, there's either one of these two contradictions going on:
-The comic contradicts the Eternals splitting up in 1521
Or
-The comic contradicts itself with one flashback being dated in 1520. 1502 would make more sense.

There's one other option, which is that the 1520 flashback takes place after all the other flashbacks in the comic, but it doesn't really make sense narratively, since it's clear all the flashbacks build towards the final flashback.

With this in mind, let me know if you guys want timeline placements for the comic.
Just ignore "a few years earlier". Its one year earlier.

The Arrowverse had similar issues.

Just ignore "a few years earlier". Its one year earlier.

The Arrowverse had similar issues.
Personally, if I had to ignore one of the given timeline placements in the comic, I would ignore the 1520 date and either place it in 1502 or an indisclosed time. Sprite mentions Gilgamesh didn't want to go near water for a long time after that flashback, so it being longer than one year ago makes more sense.

And none of them are the one from the 70s TV film unfortunately.
Several insiders have said on their feeds that even at this stage of known or unknown cameos, there are STILL some that no one has guessed yet, so don't give up hope of seeing Hooten

I hope they pulled back Morbius to make it secretly full MCU. Vulture is already in it! My brain:

Morbius already lives in the MCU. They added a scene where Morbius meets Venom, after Venom is transported into the MCU, before the bar scene in No Way Home. Why not?

I think that would be pretty awesome!

I hope they pulled back Morbius to make it secretly full MCU. Vulture is already in it! My brain:

Morbius already lives in the MCU. They added a scene where Morbius meets Venom, after Venom is transported into the MCU, before the bar scene in No Way Home. Why not?

I think that would be pretty awesome!
Nah.

Oscorp is in Morbius when it doesn't exist in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Morbius is confirmed to be part of Sony's Spider-Man Universe, it is confirmed to be seperate from the Marvel Cinemstic Universe, Morbius knows of Venom so referencing him would need explanations too convoluted to place in a film, and Vulture is more likely just a new version of the character.

Nah.

Oscorp is in Morbius when it doesn't exist in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Morbius is confirmed to be part of Sony's Spider-Man Universe, it is confirmed to be seperate from the Marvel Cinemstic Universe, Morbius knows of Venom so referencing him would need explanations too convoluted to place in a film, and Vulture is more likely just a new version of the character.
Yeah.... a man can dream...

It's true, I'm hoping we get Gruffudd and they save Krasinski, if he has been cast, for their MCU debut
I hope that if more than one Reed Rechards appear in the film, they not use the actor they will use in the future, unless...
Some universes merge, including Krasinski's Mr. Fantastic, however, i won't like if it's not a origin movie, but if there are flashbacks i will not feel that bad

Nah.

Yeah, with Sony confirming their universe is separate, I don't see the need to have any of their exclusive films take place in the MCU.

I hope that if more than one Reed Rechards appear in the film, they not use the actor they will use in the future, unless...
Some universes merge, including Krasinski's Mr. Fantastic, however, i won't like if it's not a origin movie, but if there are flashbacks i will not feel that bad
Universes don't merge in the Marvel Multiverse. That's all DC.

Latest posts

Back