Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

To late for me, i have acepted it, but each person will take the X-Men as anything they want to the MCU
So far we just have a Charles Xavier who just so happens to be the same actor, but we have no idea if he's the same Charles from either of the two X-Men timelines.

So far we just have a Charles Xavier who just so happens to be the same actor, but we have no idea if he's the same Charles from either of the two X-Men timelines.
I will quote something from Pro Bot
To be fair, there's so many X-Men movie timelines in Deadpool 2 alone that there's really nothing wrong if you want it to be the X-Men movie version.

Personally, until proven otherwise, I'm keeping the Fox X-Men franchise totally separate. It's just too complicated as is to try and integrate into a viewing order.
Easy.

When you get to 1973, watch the entire original timeline. You're gonna have to worry about Deadpool pretty soon, trust me, so we'll get there.

Also, maybe after Loki. It depends how you look at things. Technically they happened before and after the MCU because the multiverse was both there and not there throughout the entire MCU.

Loki 1x01-1x06
X-Men: First Class
X-Men
X2: X-Men United
X-Men: The Last Stand
The Wolverine: Unleashed Extended Edition
X-Men: Days of Future Past
X-Men: Apocalypse
X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2.1
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Deadpool
Deadpool 2: Super Duper Cut
The New Mutants
(2023-2029 MCU content)
Logan

I might make a viewing order or something at some point. When we get there, that is...

Last edited:
A few things I wanna ask before I eventually do the "Non-MCU Marvel Live-Action Timelines" thread... would you consider the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse more of a Megaverse? (Basically, a multiverse within a multiverse.)

Question 2: Would you consider the MCU multiverse to almost entirely consist of live-action-based continuities?
I think contextually with the first two questions, Loki and No Way Home sorta set up that this MCU/Earth-199999 branch is still connected to the larger "Multiverse" but it's VERY isolated thanks to (the former?) Nathaniel Richards aka He Who Remains of that Earth. No Way Home's ending even involved a lot of comic-accurate villains from the greater multiverse bleeding through to E-199999; meaning those are from the parts of the multiverse that aren't live-action or part of this isolated MCU's branches.

Final Question: I personally take Blade onwards all part of the same live-action 'multiverse' due to its success and heavy creative liberties that comic book movies took after that point - so would you take everything PRIOR to that, starting with that laughable Nick Fury TV movie all the way back to the Captain America serial of the 1940s as extensions/branches of the COMIC portion of the multiverse? Meaning, they're not branches of the MCU's reality thus aren't fully connected. I see them as more or less comic-based due to the appearance of many of the costume designs and their lack of liberties with the source material.
The way I see it:

Connected
Earth-10005 - X-Men Cinematic Universe (Original)
Earth-17315 - X-Men Cinematic Universe (Revised)
Earth-26320 - Blade Cinematic Universe
Earth-48627 - The Punisher (2004)
Earth-96283 - Spider-Man Trilogy
Earth-120703 The Amazing Spider-Man Duology
Earth-121347 - Ghost Rider Duology
Earth-121698 - Fantastic Four Duology
Earth-199999 - Marvel Cinematic Universe
Earth-400083 - Hulk (2003)
Earth-701306 - Daredevil/Elektra Duology
Earth-???? - Punisher: War Zone
Earth-???? - Fant4stic
Earth-???? - Legion
Earth-???? - Sony's Spider-Man Universe

Not connected (but part of the larger Multiverse)
Earth-5556 - Doctor Who
Earth-5724 - Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Earth-22249 - Doctor Strange (1978)
Earth-51778 - Supaidāman
Earth-57780 - Spidey Super Stories
Earth-58460 - Man-Thing
Earth-58627 - The Punisher (1989)
Earth-59470 - Howard the Duck
Earth-94000 - Fantastic Four (1994)
Earth-400005 - The Incredible Hulk (1977)
Earth-600001 - Captain America (1944)
Earth-600043 - Captain America (1979) Duology
Earth-700029 - Generation X
Earth-704509 - Mutant X
Earth-730911 - Spider-Man (1977)
Earth-818793 - Evil Dead Trilogy
Earth-967064 - Captain America (1990)

Last edited:
The way I see it:

Connected
Earth-???? - Fant4stic
Earth-???? - Legion

Earth-5556 - Doctor Who
Earth-51778 - Supaidāman
Earth-58460 - Man-Thing
Earth-704509 - Mutant X
Doctor Who??

Let me guess, Star Wars is next lmao

Hell, try this one.

Don't forget the universe where characters from Marvel, DC, Transformers and... Attack on Titan exist...

I also like to think that the Batman and Superman crossovers with the Alien and Predator franchises is canon to Alien Universe for fun, due to the obscurity of it.

Last edited:

Hell, try this one.

Don't forget the universe where characters from Marvel, DC, Transformers and... Attack on Titan exist...

I also like to think that the Batman and Superman crossovers with the Alien and Predator franchises is canon to Alien Universe for fun, due to the obscurity of it.

My personal favourite

Hell, try this one.

I recall reading somewhere that one of the Doctor Who writers said they are aware of that and they consider that a "multiversal duplicate"; NOT the same continuity, universe or multiverse.

The same applies for Transformers and Ghostbusters I'd guess.

Well, that's definitely the version from The Real Ghostbusters UK comics and that's definitely that specific version of Transformers, because that's what the Appendix states (even though there was 0 crossover with Ghostbusters...). At the very least, the Marvel Doctor Who comics seem to be canonical. I'd imagine the show is somewhat canonical, even if it's not the exact same version from said show.

The way I see it:

Connected
Earth-???? - Fant4stic
Earth-???? - Legion

Earth-5556 - Doctor Who
Earth-51778 - Supaidāman
Earth-58460 - Man-Thing
Earth-704509 - Mutant X
I still like to think of Legion as a prior timeline (but still a now-pruned branch) to the MCU; unless they cast an actor for E-199999's Professor X that's a different ethnicity or looks nothing like Harry Lloyd.

Based on what we learned about the TVA in Loki, Switch's dad is definitely a TVA suit, among other things that make me think Marvel Studios has that show in mind for future retroactive plans.

^ Found this video that makes good connections as to what I mean.

To each his own. I will only accept it if it's made explicitly clear it's the same Charles.
As much as I agree with this, it is also how I feel about Murdock and Kingpin. YES, I know that I'm in the minority here, but personally there wasn't enough evidence in either case to make a definitive connection for me. Now if Marvel produces a legit Season 4 that references both the Netflix show and the recent appearances...I will certainly reconsider.

To each his own. I will only accept it if it's made explicitly clear it's the same Charles.
Obviously it can't be the Xavier from Earth-10005 because he got atomized by Sentinels. He wouldn't be from the revised timeline (E-17315) either based on the now seemingly accurate MoM leak that
Wanda kills the Illuminati Xavier
So would have to be an Xavier from a branch like Deadpool's dead Vanessa timeline or the timeline where Weapon XI is shot and killed by Wade in 1979.

I still like to think of Legion as a prior timeline (but still a now-pruned branch) to the MCU; unless they cast an actor for E-199999's Professor X that's a different ethnicity or looks nothing like Harry Lloyd.

Based on what we learned about the TVA in Loki, Switch's dad is definitely a TVA suit, among other things that make me think Marvel Studios has that show in mind for future retroactive plans.

^ Found this video that makes good connections as to what I mean.

Maybe, sounds credible

Obviously it can't be the Xavier from Earth-10005 because he got atomized by Sentinels. He wouldn't be from the revised timeline (E-17315) either based on the now seemingly accurate MoM leak that
So would have to be an Xavier from a branch like Deadpool's dead Vanessa timeline or the timeline where Weapon XI is shot and killed by Wade in 1979.
If that is too confusing, I made a graph visualizing how the branches work; based on the earliest points of divergence (i.e. the birth of Apocalypse 5000 years ago)

Earth-10005 and its branches; ignore the rest.

Attachments

• branches.jpg
    branches.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 18
Yep, I think that's likely the case. If it were Earth-18315, there's also a greater change to his history (diverges from Original Timeline's 1979 during X-Men Origins: Wolverine) so that could explain why this particular version was recruited by the Illuminati. It also allows him to work with them for an extensive time. This also works with if the Illuminati is a multiversal team or not, because diverging everything from 1979 allows for heroes such as Black Bolt (MCU variant), Reed Richards, Balder Odinson, Clea, Maria Rambeau Captain Marvel and Mordo (Sorcerer Supreme) to emerge, as they seemingly didn't exist during the Fox series. In this case, you can assume Captain Carter's What If stuff happened on Earth-18315 (and thus, Fox X-Men as a whole), which is... weird. So probably multiversal team, but if not...

Although, about that first thing:
He previously died in X-Men: The Last Stand and came back in the body of his brain dead twin. Technically speaking, he could do the exact same thing here since in the revised timeline, he never transfered his consciousness in the first place. Thus, Xavier "dies", transfers his consciousness and then experiences the events of Logan in his twin's body.
Unlikely, but technically possible.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back