Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

I can predict that chronologically in the grander MCU, we're still somewhere between Endgame and What If.
I feel like the whole series could stay like that (if there are in fact plans for future seasons). It'll be interesting doing a chronological rewatch and having all this Kang lore and backstory before Quantumania and other future appearances prior to Kang Dynasty.

So, with it showing Renslayer's arrival to 1868 being a part of the "Sacred Timeline" and Loki and Mobius arriving in 1893 as a "Branched Timeline" it seems like Victor Timely was born around the late 1850s/early 1860s in the Sacred Timeline and it branched off the moment he got the book. Maybe someone who has more comic Kang knowledge can enlighten me, but I thought all the Kangs were born in the future and their appearances in the past were due to time travel. For example, Rama Tut and Iron Lad. Are there Kangs that were born at different points in time rather than traveled through it, as the episode seemed to imply?

EDIT: So, my take is He Who Remains placed the Victor variant in the Sacred Timeline as a contingency plan. If HWR hadn't died, Victor would have lived a normal life on the Sacred Timeline with no knowledge he was a variant. However, knowing Sylvie was going to kill him, HWR gave Miss Minutes the mission to give Victor the book, creating the branched timeline in the hopes he would take over. How does that sound?

Last edited:
So, with it showing Renslayer's arrival to 1868 being a part of the "Sacred Timeline" and Loki and Mobius arriving in 1893 as a "Branched Timeline" it seems like Victor Timely was born around the late 1850s/early 1860s in the Sacred Timeline and it branched off the moment he got the book. Maybe someone who has more comic Kang knowledge can enlighten me, but I thought all the Kangs were born in the future and their appearances in the past were due to time travel. For example, Rama Tut and Iron Lad. Are there Kangs that were born at different points in time rather than traveled through it, as the episode seemed to imply?

EDIT: So, my take is He Who Remains placed the Victor variant in the Sacred Timeline as a contingency plan. If HWR hadn't died, Victor would have lived a normal life on the Sacred Timeline with no knowledge he was a variant. However, knowing Sylvie was going to kill him, HWR gave Miss Minutes the mission to give Victor the book, creating the branched timeline in the hopes he would take over. How does that sound?
Sounds about right.

I feel like the whole series could stay like that (if there are in fact plans for future seasons). It'll be interesting doing a chronological rewatch and having all this Kang lore and backstory before Quantumania and other future appearances prior to Kang Dynasty.
It helps that Loki is mostly not in present day and outside of time. It's in its own bubble right now.

Marvel shared the paper showing the June 23rd date.

There's no way of really knowing.

I look at it this way. Loki takes place during the time heist from the moment Loki teleports from New York until whenever the series ends, but sometime before the last scene of Endgame.

I look at it this way. Loki takes place during the time heist from the moment Loki teleports from New York until whenever the series ends, but sometime before the last scene of Endgame.
Given the show is outside of time, there's no way of knowing and it doesn't really matter if it's before the last scene of Endgame or not. I doubt anyone at Marvel Studios even cares. All we know for now is it begins during Endgame.

I think it's clear the intent is to watch Endgame then Loki. Marvel doesn't expect you to pause the movie when Loki steals the Tesseract and watch all of Loki before continuing the movie.
If Loki is set before the last few scenes of Endgame, I'll be watching it before Endgame. I always place a chapter where it chronologically ends. If there's overlap, the order would be Loki first, since it ends sooner.

Latest posts

Back