Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

This is only tangentially related here, but can someone point me towards a good chronological viewing order for the DC Animated Universe?

This is only tangentially related here, but can someone point me towards a good chronological viewing order for the DC Animated Universe?

I've actually been working hard for years on my own personal DCAU order. PM your e-mail and I'll share it to you!

Just finished watching the TV version of the Inhumans premiere--there were several scenes that I don't remember being in the IMAX version, including subplots for the space scientist lady from the moon rover team and Maximus's attempts to bring the Genetics Council to heel. There are also some things involving Medusa and Crystal's parents that I don't remember being in the IMAX version either. If anyone is planning on watching the series, I'd recommend checking out the first two episodes even if you saw it in IMAX, since these elements will likely come into play during the show.

It's not a huge improvement over what I remember from the IMAX version, but it does add another layer of intrigue and some of the performances work better on the small screen. No new MCU references or timeline details. :( (Which is a shame, because there are several moments in the scientist scenes when an Avengers or Thor reference would have been appropriate.)

It's a shame that people seem to be writing this show off so quickly; what we've seen so far hasn't been spectacular, but the premise is interesting and I could see it really finding its feet (or hooves, if you prefer) later on. That's not the kind of review that makes for good clickbait, I guess. :p

TC

Just finished watching the TV version of the Inhumans premiere--there were several scenes that I don't remember being in the IMAX version, including subplots for the space scientist lady from the moon rover team and Maximus's attempts to bring the Genetics Council to heel. There are also some things involving Medusa and Crystal's parents that I don't remember being in the IMAX version either. If anyone is planning on watching the series, I'd recommend checking out the first two episodes even if you saw it in IMAX, since these elements will likely come into play during the show.

It's not a huge improvement over what I remember from the IMAX version, but it does add another layer of intrigue and some of the performances work better on the small screen. No new MCU references or timeline details. :( (Which is a shame, because there are several moments in the scientist scenes when an Avengers or Thor reference would have been appropriate.)

It's a shame that people seem to be writing this show off so quickly; what we've seen so far hasn't been spectacular, but the premise is interesting and I could see it really finding its feet (or hooves, if you prefer) later on. That's not the kind of review that makes for good clickbait, I guess. :p

TC

Sadly, this and many of Marvel's current animated output are easier for people to hate on being of preconceived notions based on what's popular to hate at the moment.

No guys, this show is terrible. The dialogue is so bad it's funny.

Have to agree. The dialogue, the performances, it's all so uninterested and cliched. The limited budget also really shows. This is a thorough disappointment in every regard.

Well, guess that settles that discussion. I'm choosing to watch; I'll be happy to report back with timeline notes so fewer of us need be subjected to it.

TC

I'm sure this isn't the right place, but DIB, I'm getting notifications your inbox is full when I try to PM ya.

Minor Inhumans spoillers:

The prisoner befriending Black Bolt alludes (albeit vaguely) to Spider-Man and Luke Cage's origin stories ("Were you experimented on? Or bitten by a radioactive insect?") in addition to the SHIELD Inhumans--a nice touch, as rumors about those would seem to be the ones most likely to be floating around the prison system.

TC

Feige addressed the Homecoming timeline issue and implied an official timeline will be published:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/17...he-spider-man-homecoming-timeline-controversy

All of that debate has made us go, 'Okay, at some point, I'm not sure exactly when, we're going to publish a timeline and see what it all is.' It wasn't meant to flummox anybody exactly, and I'm not sure I'd do it again the same way, but it does all connect to where we placed it. Other than very particular instances where there's a newspaper, or verbal reference to years, we never date the films. And I think there's a presumption, 'Well if the movie came out in November 2017, it must take place in November 2017' -- which is not the case.

The specifics of the timeline, looking at... I've loved timelines, I love the Star Wars timeline, with the Battle of Yavin, everything is either After The Battle Of Yavin, Before The Battle of Yavin. We're doing that, and the origin point for us is Tony saying, 'I am Iron Man.' So everything will be years after that, years before that -- to the Big Bang, which is where it starts! It will look very cool and complex like Doc Brown on a chalkboard by the time it's published.

If this is true, hopefully the TV shows will be featured in it.

Feige addressed the Homecoming timeline issue and implied an official timeline will be published:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/17...he-spider-man-homecoming-timeline-controversy

If this is true, hopefully the TV shows will be featured in it.

Lol, is just read this on another site. Preparing for major revisions and unsolvable issues once that's published, lol. That said, I very much doubt it'll include the TV shows given the fact Feige and the films go out of their way not to acknowledge the ABC of Netflix TV shows. We'll see.

Latest posts

Back