Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

This may have already been brought up before, but are extended cuts/deleted scenes taken into account for this timeline?

I'm not asking about whether the extended scenes in question are added to the timeline, but rather any timeline info, such as dates being mentioned in dialogue or in props.

This may have already been brought up before, but are extended cuts/deleted scenes taken into account for this timeline?

I'm not asking about whether the extended scenes in question are added to the timeline, but rather any timeline info, such as dates being mentioned in dialogue or in props.

Info from those scenes is usable long as it doesn't conflict with established info. Is there anything specific which applies? If so definitely let me know.

Info from those scenes is usable long as it doesn't conflict with established info. Is there anything specific which applies? If so definitely let me know.

In the extended cut of Peter's vlog from the beginning of Homecoming, a newspaper Happy holds up says "Samstag" (German for Saturday) at 5:43 in this video:

[video=youtube;0QaWTMFBlBs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QaWTMFBlBs[/video]

This is the following day after the airport battle, which according to this info would have taken place on Friday. If we keep Civil War in April for now, this suggests moving the main events of the movie back one day, from April 7-12 to April 6-11 (due to April 14 being a Tuesday according to the Fedex package).

In the extended cut of Peter's vlog from the beginning of Homecoming, a newspaper Happy holds up says "Samstag" (German for Saturday) at 5:43 in this video:

[video=youtube;0QaWTMFBlBs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QaWTMFBlBs[/video]

This is the following day after the airport battle, which according to this info would have taken place on Friday. If we keep Civil War in April for now, this suggests moving the main events of the movie back one day, from April 7-12 to April 6-11 (due to April 14 being a Tuesday according to the Fedex package).

Not really. Don't forget the days of the week don't align with dates in MCU compared to real world. So, Saturday, October 14, 2017 in real world might be Thursday, October 14, 2017 in the MCU. That's been repeatedly established with specific newspaper day/dates (in CA-TFA, and also IM3 if I recall correctly).

Not really. Don't forget the days of the week don't align with dates in MCU compared to real world. So, Saturday, October 14, 2017 in real world might be Thursday, October 14, 2017 in the MCU. That's been repeatedly established with specific newspaper day/dates (in CA-TFA, and also IM3 if I recall correctly).

Yeah, I know. I was taking this info into account along with the days of the week as shown in the props in Civil War being different from their corresponding dates in real life:

-March 21, as seen on the newspaper in Lagos, is Saturday (rather than Monday)

-April 14, as seen on the parcel, is Tuesday (rather than Thursday)

If Tuesday is April 14, then three days earlier (Saturday) is April 11. As I had suggested:

-Monday, April 6: Ross' meeting with the Avengers

-Thursday, April 9: UN meeting, Bucky is arrested, Peter is recruited

-Friday, April 10: Airport battle

-Saturday, April 11: Events in Siberia (local time)

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. I was taking this info into account along with the days of the week as shown in the props in Civil War being different from their corresponding dates in real life:

-March 21, as seen on the newspaper in Lagos, is Saturday (rather than Monday)

-April 14, as seen on the parcel, is Tuesday (rather than Thursday)

If Tuesday is April 14, then three days earlier (Saturday) is April 11. As I had suggested:

-Monday, April 6: Ross' meeting with the Avengers

-Thursday, April 9: UN meeting, Bucky is arrested, Peter is recruited

-Friday, April 10: Airport battle

-Saturday, April 11: Events in Siberia (local time)

Ah, ok.

Any idea on when the Captain America PSA's take place? Safety First, Food For Thought, Brain Power, and Your Changing Body.

Any idea on when the Captain America PSA's take place? Safety First, Food For Thought, Brain Power, and Your Changing Body.

Are those the official titles? I still need to pick up the Spider-Man Homecoming DVD.

As 64SuperNintendo said, those were likely filmed in universe between Avengers and Winter Soldier, so sometime around 2012-2014. We can't place them any more specifically than that.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out which is correct date for start of Academic Decathlon, October 13-15 (seen at:013:26)

or September 14 seen at 46:00)...?

I would lean towards October. That's the one advertised at the school, whereas the September poster was in Peter's room. I think it's more likely that he'd keep an old poster as a memento rather than put up a poster of an upcoming event. But that's just me.

It also makes more sense of the line "Happy said you quit band a month ago". It's not impossible that band practice would start in August, but it would definitely be going on once September hit.

Trying to figure out which is correct date for start of Academic Decathlon, October 13-15 (seen at:013:26)

or September 14 seen at 46:00)...?

Tiffany Espensen tweeted this prop from the movie:

DEKBt2nUQAE4gal.jpg

Maybe the poster for October is a mistake by the prop department, or the September tournament is for regionals and the October tournament is for nationals.

Last edited:
I would lean towards October. That's the one advertised at the school, whereas the September poster was in Peter's room. I think it's more likely that he'd keep an old poster as a memento rather than put up a poster of an upcoming event. But that's just me.

It also makes more sense of the line "Happy said you quit band a month ago". It's not impossible that band practice would start in August, but it would definitely be going on once September hit.

Tony actually says he quit band practice "6 weeks ago", which does indicate it has to be at least sometime in October (most school years start in September in northeast/NY). Figure school started either late August or early September, and 6 weeks later would be mid October, aligning with the Oct 13-15 dates.

Tiffany Espensen tweeted this prop from the movie:

DEKBt2nUQAE4gal.jpg

Maybe the poster for October is a mistake by the prop department, or the September tournament is for regionals and the October tournament is for nationals.

Thats logical (the regionals/nationals thing). Given the "quit band 6 weeks ago" line though, I do think the October dates work better, especially in combination with the Homecoming dance which usually occur in October.

Arrrrgh.

Just picked up Black Panther Prelude #1.... and it dates "I Am Iron Man" as 10 years ago.

Assuming Black Panther takes place in 2018, this should fit in with the new "8 years later" timeline which puts Iron Man in 2008 (albeit late 2008 but "10 years later" is a rough approximation).

Arrrrgh.

Just picked up Black Panther Prelude #1.... and it dates "I Am Iron Man" as 10 years ago.

Assuming Black Panther takes place in 2018, this should fit in with the new "8 years later" timeline which puts Iron Man in 2008 (albeit late 2008 but "10 years later" is a rough approximation).

^This.

If we assume Iron Man still holds to the onscreen dates of January to May, 2008, and Black Panther occurs sometime in its year of release of 2018, which is likely, the Prelude doesn't create any problems.

Spider-Man Homecoming creates numerous problems and timeline inconsistencies.

The obvious one is the 8 years later tag placing Homecoming 8 years after events of Avengers.

Second one is the "2 months later" tag placing events of Homecoming only 2 months after events of Civil War, which doesn't make sense if the September or October settings hold true. That'd place events of Civil War in middle of summer, July or early to mid August, but Peter wouldn't be in school at that time of year (and he clearly is in Civil War). The fact the September 14/October 13-15 clashing dates for the decathlon indicates the timeline established by Homecoming is suspect at best.

I'll try to find a link, but I'm 99 percent sure it's been revealed that BP takes place mere days after Civil War.

In regards to band practice, I've found a few sources indicating that there are high schools that have band practice during the summer in anticipation of the upcoming school year:

http://www.d125.org/academic/divisions/fine-arts/music/band/band-summer-rehearsals

All Band and Color Guard members begin the new school year with summer rehearsals on Tuesday, July 11, 2017. Incoming freshmen and student leaders will meet from 5-8 p.m.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/s...shows-of-sight-and-sound/stories/201209060276

High school marching bands in the suburbs spend a significant chunk of summer getting ready for halftime shows and grueling band competitions.

Aug. 6 was the first day of band camp for the Shaler Area marching band, but an observer wouldn't know it to look at the 150 or so students assembled on the field.

So it is possible for Peter to have quit band practice in August before school starting.

As for the amount of time that's passed since Civil War, 2 months before Homecoming (assuming it's September) could also be late June, and the algebra test Peter mentioned could be one of his finals.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back