Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

Also, did something new with some of the Iron Man 3 entries. Since a few scenes in IM3 feature voice over dialogue by Tony (culminating in the after credits scene with him talking to Banner), I've listed those scenes as normal for the visuals and actions occurring "in the past", then later listed some sections of those scenes again marked with "voice over only", denoting the audio portion takes place later as Tony tells the story to Banner.

This is going to make it super difficult when I try and splice together a master cut of the MCU in its entirety so I can watch it straight through in chronological continuity.

Oh, so the missing section is the credits. I didn't even think of that... Now even the one shots have after credits scenes!

Yup. Item 47 had one too, though it was only the girl spinning in her chair, bored.

This is going to make it super difficult when I try and splice together a master cut of the MCU in its entirety so I can watch it straight through in chronological continuity.

Lol, I'd recommend ignoring the voice over only scenes in those cases.

But it'd be really impressive if you found a way to add in the comic pages. ;)

Yeah I already started adding Iron Man 3 to my fanedit, the narration is pissing me off to say the least.

I guess there's one of two approaches you could take: just leave it as is, OR, use the video portions where possible, and edit out the audio and group it together over black screen leading into the post credits scene.

That said, without really advanced editing software it's probably not possible to do since the voice over occurs over background noise/dialogue at the beginning (during the New Years 1999 portion).

So yeah, I'd just say leave it be, to spare yourself aggravation.

Here's my little add to the universe concerning AoS:

Agent May has the Level 7 access on September 4th, 2013 (see her SHIELD card)
Agent Ward has the Level 7 access on September 9th, 2013 (see his SHIELD card)

Coulson is already Level 7 in The Consultant, which means this One-Shot is after April 25th, 2011 (see Coulson's SHIELD card)

Skye was already hacking in 04/02/2012, and possibly a Rising Tide collaborator. (based on a promotional picture of her recording a video).

Agents Fitz and Simmons had the Level 7 access on February 5th, 2013 (see their SHIELD card).

Easter-eggs of the first episode:

* Avengers connections (toys, flashbacks, Chitauri, Loki, Black Widow, Thor)
* Return of Maria Hill (Avengers)
* Mobile Command Unit (MCU) popular in the 90's before the use of the Helicarrier.
* Mention of Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S. (IM2, Avengers)
* Mention of New Mexico (Thor)
* Howard Stark and his flying car (CATFA)
* the Centipede (mix of Super Soldier Serum (CATFA), Gamma radiation (TIH), Extremis (IM3), and alien technology (Avengers))
* Coulson's death (Avengers)
* "With great power comes great..." (Spider-Man reference)
* "Flying man found dead" (to determinated)
* "Kid Hero" (to determinated)
* "Unregistered gifted" (Marvel Civil War reference)
* "Journey Into Mystery" (Thor first comics appearence)
* "Tahiti is a magical place" (possible reference to Doctor Voodoo/Jericho Drumm)
* Stark Industries writen on a bus
* Coulson's joke about someone who hates flying (Wolverine or Fury possible reference)
* Hydra reference (CATFA)
* Terminator T-1000 reference

Other than AoS, I've checked again the bonus of Iron Man 2: there is a lot of dates given, particularly in the SHIELD files (Stark Expos (1954, 1964, 1974, 2010), some newspapers (I think about the meeting of Howard Stark, Anton Vanko and Albert Einstein, and the trahison of Vanko), and some interesting tidbits about Howard Stark working on the Tesseract and the Gamma Chair.
Also I didn't remember the points of the map indicated Hulk's incidents around the world, which means Banner went to Wakanda or the middle of the Atlantic Ocean before he goes to Brasil.

Here's my little add to the universe concerning AoS: Agent May has the Level 7 access on September 4th, 2013 (see her SHIELD card) Agent Ward has the Level 7 access on September 9th, 2013 (see his SHIELD card) Coulson is already Level 7 in The Consultant, which means this One-Shot is after April 25th, 2011 (see Coulson's SHIELD card) Skye was already hacking in 04/02/2012, and possibly a Rising Tide collaborator. (based on a promotional picture of her recording a video). Agents Fitz and Simmons had the Level 7 access on February 5th, 2013 (see their SHIELD card). Easter-eggs of the first episode: * SPOILER * Other than AoS, I've checked again the bonus of Iron Man 2: there is a lot of dates given, particularly in the SHIELD files (Stark Expos (1954, 1964, 1974, 2010), some newspapers (I think about the meeting of Howard Stark, Anton Vanko and Albert Einstein, and the trahison of Vanko), and some interesting tidbits about Howard Stark working on the Tesseract and the Gamma Chair. Also I didn't remember the points of the map indicated Hulk's incidents around the world, which means Banner went to Wakanda or the middle of the Atlantic Ocean before he goes to Brasil.

Yup had seen the Shield cards. While the Level 7 dates probably apply to Ward, Fitz, Simmons, and May, I'd expect Coulson had level 7 access even before the 2011 date, especially since he was instrumental in overseeing Stark during IM1, and recruiting/overseeing the Avengers related events throughout the other Phase 1 films. He was also leading the SHIELD team during the events of Thor, and seemed to be only a few rungs lower than Fury and Hill.

That's an assumption, though, but I figure the 2011 date may just be a renew date, kind of like a driver's license.

Also, adding in the Captain America - The First Avenger #1-2 comic adaptation coming out in a couple months (Nov - Dec). I believe they'll be releasing it in a digital version as 4 issues (much like Fury's Big Week was only 4 printed issues but 8 digital issues). A solicit for the adaptation can be seen on Marvel's site, and collected editions of that and other Captain America tales will be collected in Captain America - The Winter Soldier: Prelude TPB. According to the Amazon solicit for that trade:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0785188770/?tag=tcbcom-20

Mentions another tale called "MARVEL'S CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER INFINITE COMIC 1", which based on the Amazon solicit takes place in the MCU:

...thrill to an all-new Infinite-style adventure set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Whether that's a canon MCU tale or just an "influenced by" tale remains to be seen. I haven't seen any solicits for that particular issue yet despite searching, so I'm wondering if it may not be out until early next year as a lead in the the film. It may also serve as a "Prelude" issue to the film like they've been doing with the other recent releases (Iron Man 3, Thor - The Dark World).

We'll see. I'll wait to add that in for now but will add the CA-TFA adaptation in, tentatively.

Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier Prelude , a 152-page paperback, will collect Marvel's Captain America: The First Avenger Adaptation 1-2, Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier Infinite Comic 1, Captain America (1968) #117, Captain America (2005) #6, The Ultimates #2, Material from Tales of Suspense (1959) #57; and handbook profiles. It will retail for $14.99 and street on March 18th.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/26778.html

Except the adaptation of CATFA, I don't think the rest is canon.
Maybe the CATWS: Infinite Comic is a tie-in to Infinity.

As the other adaptations, maybe we will have additional scenes here too :p

Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier Prelude , a 152-page paperback, will collect Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger Adaptation 1-2, Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier Infinite Comic 1, Captain America (1968) #117, Captain America (2005) #6, The Ultimates #2, Material from Tales of Suspense (1959) #57; and handbook profiles. It will retail for $14.99 and street on March 18th. http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/26778.html Except the adaptation of CATFA, I don't think the rest is canon. Maybe the CATWS: Infinite Comic is a tie-in to Infinity. As the other adaptations, maybe we will have additional scenes here too :p

Yeah I'm not sure about the Infinite one, but the Amazon solicit for the book specifically mentions it being an MCU tie in. Course that's hardly a guarantee. We'll see.

Infinite comics are the comics that are designed for being read electronically, they're like a step down from motion comics. The name has nothing to do with the event Infinity.

Infinite comics are the comics that are designed for being read electronically, they're like a step down from motion comics. The name has nothing to do with the event Infinity.

Ah ok, good info, thanks Cap! Sounds like the tie in e-comic they're doing for Arkham Origins (apparently it has elements of those old "choose your adventure" books from when I was a kid: pick a certain path/outcome so each varies. Cool idea, honestly).

Apparently they'll be collecting it in TPB form so I guess they'll be able to translate it to print.

Does sound like it might be canon. We'll see. They'll probably announce it in the next few months as we get closer to April (and the movie's release).

News from the CA:TWS

Scarlett Johansson's quote:

"This film is in real time. It's been two years since [the characters] appeared, and now both are agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fighting in the streets. We are not superheroes flying side by side. They help each other because we are fighting in a similar way. It's a working relationship."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/starkstuff/news/?a=87850

I'd say it's two years after The Avengers (since the MCU moves in real time). This would also justify the comic preludes.

I'd say it's two years after The Avengers (since the MCU moves in real time). This would also justify the comic preludes.

Maybe. The MCU movies aren't strictly "real time", though. Generally they are, but Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, and Thor all overlapping (even though IH came out in 2008, IM2 in 2010, and Thor in 2011) shows that isn't always the case.

The preludes do help nail down more specific spans of time between the films, though, so they are helpful in that sense. We'll see if the movie makes reference to previous events, or possibly the comic prelude.

Here is my little try to the timeline:

2013, September 9
Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X01 – "Pilot" (00:00 to 14:55)

2013, September 10
Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X01 – "Pilot" (14:56 to 33:06)

2013, September 11
Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X01 – "Pilot" (33:13 to 43:40)

2013, September 12
Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X02 – "0-8-4" (00:45 to 25:59)

2013, September 13
Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X02 – "0-8-4" (26:04 to 31:55)
Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X02 – "0-8-4" (00:00 to 00:44)
Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X02 – "0-8-4" (31:56 to 39:57)

2013, September 14
Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X02 – "0-8-4" (40:05 to 41:11)

Based on Agent Ward becoming a level 7 agent on September 9th.

Here is my little try to the timeline: 2013, September 9 Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X01 – "Pilot" (00:00 to 14:55) 2013, September 10 Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X01 – "Pilot" (14:56 to 33:06) 2013, September 11 Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X01 – "Pilot" (33:13 to 43:40) 2013, September 12 Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X02 – "0-8-4" (00:45 to 25:59) 2013, September 13 Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X02 – "0-8-4" (26:04 to 31:55) Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X02 – "0-8-4" (00:00 to 00:44) Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X02 – "0-8-4" (31:56 to 39:57) 2013, September 14 Agents of S.H.I.E.D. 1X02 – "0-8-4" (40:05 to 41:11) Based on Agent Ward becoming a level 7 agent on September 9th.

Nice. I'll add this in, as the lvl 7 dating on his ID card makes sense given his upgrade from lvl 6 to 7 towards the beginning of the episode.

My only suggestion is that the last few minutes of the Pilot occur on the same day as the beginning of 084, based on them getting the call at the end of the pilot and I believe wearing the same clothing. I'll rewatch to double check.

you're correct about Coulson and Skye wearing the same clothes. Also to note is that the end of the pilot implies they arrive at the airfield within 10 minutes. The 6 days comment Fury made was about how long Coulson had the plane/jet not how long the team has been together.

Latest posts

Back