Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

You don't have to ignore "months later". The "months later" scene is Shuri explaining how she's almost fixed Bucky. That still checks out.

You do have to ignore the "weeks later" tag for the scene where Bucky agrees to go on ice. That has to be more like "days" after Siberia, since it was definitely before BP.

That's right.

Negative. The footage at the debriefing was from the Culver University battle, not the Harlem fight.

You sure?

June 1
Iron Man 2 Chapter 13: "New Element" (1:24:13 - 1:28:07)
Iron Man 2 #2 (pg. 5)
Iron Man 2 Chapter 13: "New Element" (1:28:08 - 1:30:32)
Iron Man 2 Chapter 14: "Hammer Drones" (1:30:33 - 1:32:26)
Iron Man 2 #2 (pg. 6)
Iron Man 2 Chapter 14: "Hammer Drones" (1:32:27 - 1:36:27)
Iron Man 2 #2 (pg. 6-8)
Iron Man 2 Chapter 14: "Hammer Drones" (1:36:28 - 1:38:49)
Iron Man 2 #2 (pg. 9)
The Avengers - Prelude: Fury's Big Week #2, "Chapter 3" (pg. 6)
Iron Man 2 Chapter 15: "Remote Controlled" (1:38:50 - 1:44:49)
Iron Man 2 #2 (pg. 10-11)
Iron Man 2 Chapter 15: "Remote Controlled" (1:44:50 - 1:45:40)
Iron Man 2 Chapter 16: "Showdown" (1:45:41 - 1:46:17)
Iron Man 2 #2 (pg. 12)
Iron Man 2 Chapter 16: "Showdown" (1:46:18 - 1:49:47)
Iron Man 2 #2 (pg. 13-15)
The Avengers - Prelude: Fury's Big Week #2, "Chapter 3" (pg. 7)
Iron Man 2 Chapter 16: "Showdown" (1:49:48 - 1:52:44)
Iron Man 2 #2 (pg. 16-18)
The Avengers - Prelude: Fury's Big Week #2, "Chapter 3" (pg. 8)
Iron Man 2 Chapter 16: "Showdown" (1:52:45 - 1:54:16)
The Avengers - Prelude: Fury's Big Week #2, "Chapter 3" (pg. 9)
Marvel One-Shot - "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer..." (Short Film - Captain America: The First Avenger - Blu-Ray)
Thor Chapter 1 (0:07:35 - 0:10:36)
Thor #1 (pg. 3)
Thor Chapter 2 (0:10:37 - 0:17:30)
Thor #1 (pg. 4-6)
Thor Chapter 3 (0:17:31 - 0:26:00)
Thor #1 (pg. 7-8)
Thor Chapter 4 (0:26:01 - 0:29:51)
Thor #1 (pg. 9-11)
Thor Chapter 1 (0:00:00 - 0:03:19)
Thor Chapter 4 (0:29:52 - 0:32:25)
Thor #1 (pg. 12-13)
The Avengers - Prelude: Fury's Big Week #2, "Chapter 3" (pg. 10)

June 2
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 8: "Missing Data" (0:34:08 - 0:39:38)
Thor - Ragnarok: Prelude #1 (pg. 13)
Iron Man 2 Chapter 17: "End Credits" (1:54:17 - 1:56:20) **** Tony/Fury Debrief scene****
Iron Man 2 #2 (pg. 19)
Thor Chapter 5 (0:32:26 - 0:35:30)
The Avengers - Prelude: Fury's Big Week #2, "Chapter 4" (pg. 11-12)
Thor Chapter 5 (0:35:31 - 0:37:25)
Thor #1 (pg. 13-14)
Iron Man 2 Chapter 17: "End Credits" (2:03:29 - 2:04:20)
Thor Chapter 6 (0:37:26 - 0:42:11)
Thor #1 (pg. 15-16)
Thor Chapter 7 (0:42:12 - 0:52:06)
Thor #1 (pg. 16-18)
The Avengers - Prelude: Fury's Big Week #2, "Chapter 4" (pg. 13)
Thor Chapter 8 (0:52:07 - 1:00:30)
The Avengers - Prelude: Fury's Big Week #2, "Chapter 4" (pg. 14-15)
Thor #1 (pg. 19-21)
Thor Chapter 8 (1:00:31 - 1:01:20)
Thor Chapter 9 (1:01:21 - 1:04:28)
Thor #2 (pg. 1-2)
Thor Chapter 9 (1:04:29 - 1:08:41)
Thor #2 (pg. 3)
Thor Chapter 10 (1:08:42 - 1:11:17)
Thor #2 (pg. 4)
Thor Chapter 10 (1:11:18 - 1:15:34)
Thor #2 (pg. 5)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 8: "Missing Data" (0:39:39 - 0:40:21)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 9: "Reunion" (0:40:19 - 0:44:19)
Thor - Ragnarok: Prelude #1 (pg. 14)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 9: "Reunion" (0:44:20 - 0:46:53)
Thor - Ragnarok: Prelude #1 (pg. 15)

June 3
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 9: "Reunion" (0:46:54 - 0:47:28)
Thor - Ragnarok: Prelude #1 (pg. 16)
The Avengers - Prelude: Fury's Big Week #2, "Chapter 4" (pg. 16-18)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 10: "Locked In" (0:47:29 - 0:51:16) ****Culver University battle****
Thor - Ragnarok: Prelude #1 (pg. 16-20)
The Avengers - Prelude: Fury's Big Week #2, "Chapter 4" (pg. 19-20)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 10: "Locked In" (0:51:17 - 0:53:20)
The Avengers - Prelude: Fury's Big Week #3, "Chapter 5" (pg. 1-3)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 10: "Locked In" (0:53:21 - 0:55:52)
Thor - Ragnarok: Prelude #2 (pg. 1)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 11: "'Is That All You Got?'" (0:55:53 - 0:56:08)
Thor - Ragnarok: Prelude #2 (pg. 2-3)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 11: "'Is That All You Got?'" (0:56:09 - 0:57:45)
Thor - Ragnarok: Prelude #2 (pg. 4-5)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 11: "'Is That All You Got?'" (0:57:46 - 0:58:51) ****Culver University battle ends****
Thor Chapter 11 (1:15:35 - 1:16:55)
Thor #2 (pg. 6)
Thor Chapter 11 (1:16:56 - 1:21:13)
Thor #2 (pg. 7-9)
Thor Chapter 12 (1:21:14 - 1:21:45)
Thor #2 (pg. 9)
The Avengers - Prelude: Fury's Big Week #3, "Chapter 5" (pg. 4-8)
Thor Chapter 12 (1:21:46 - 1:23:24)
Thor #2 (pg. 10-11)
Thor Chapter 12 (1:23:25 - 1:26:16)
Thor #2 (pg. 12)
Thor Chapter 12 (1:26:17 - 1:28:14)
Thor #2 (pg. 13)
Thor Chapter 12 (1:28:15 - 1:30:29)
Thor #2 (pg. 14-15)
The Avengers - Prelude: Fury's Big Week #3, "Chapter 5" (pg. 9-10)
Thor Chapter 13 (1:30:30 - 1:40:51)
Thor #2 (pg. 15-19)
Thor Chapter 14 (1:40:52 - 1:45:06)
Thor #2 (pg. 20)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 11: "'Is That All You Got?'" (0:58:52 - 1:01:22)
Thor - Ragnarok: Prelude #2 (pg. 6)

June 4
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 11: "'Is That All You Got?'" (1:01:23 - 1:01:58)
Thor - Ragnarok: Prelude #2 (pg. 6)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 11: "'Is That All You Got?'" (1:01:59 - 1:02:22)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 12: "Too Much Excitement" (1:02:23 - 1:06:37)
Thor - Ragnarok: Prelude #2 (pg. 7)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 12: "Too Much Excitement" (1:06:38 - 1:07:55)
Thor - Ragnarok: Prelude #2 (pg. 8)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 13: "Time to Meet" (1:07:56 - 1:09:55)
The Avengers - Prelude: Fury's Big Week #3, "Chapter 6" (pg. 11-13)
Iron Man 2 Chapter 17: "End Credits" (1:56:21 - 1:57:13)
Iron Man 2 #2 (pg. 20)
Thor Chapter 16 (1:53:00 - 1:54:32)
The Incredible Hulk Chapter 13: "Time to Meet" (1:09:56 - 1:11:12)

So, its off by at least a day.

Looks like moving the Incredible Hulk entries up by a day will fix it.

Last edited:
So I watched Black Panther last night, and most of the film seems to cover 7-8 days. The final scene in Oakland probably picks up a few days at least after main portion of film, and presumably the post credit scenes occur not long after also.

The mid-credits scene was definitely soon after. No hard evidence, but probably no more than a few days.

The post-credit scene has to be at least a few months later, as per the Infinity War Prelude comic. For all we know it was mere days before Infinity War. We'll see.

You sure?

Yes.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3kgDwlmwS...J6c/_itXQUl2Ibk/s320/Iron+Man+2+Hulk+News.jpg

Iron%2BMan%2B2%2BHulk%2BNews.jpg

Last edited:

Sigh, you missed what I put in quote in above post. I mean, obviously those scenes crossover, my point is someone suggested alterations a few months back and I followed their suggestions, but I guess they overlooked how the Iron man 2 debrief scene and IH university battle scenes are no longer on same day (look at June 2 and June 3, I marked those scenes). When I asked "You sure?", I was asking if you were certain the layout/Order was right. It's definitely not, least pertaining to those sections.

Check carefully in quote above with the pertaining timeline info, I specifically labeled the portions that denote the debrief scene from IM2 and the battle at the university in IH. They're off by a day. Looks like we have to move the IH entries up by a day to align those events as occurring on same day/around same time and that should fix it without any issues.

Last edited:
Sigh, you missed what I put in quote in above post. I mean, obviously those scenes crossover, my point is someone suggested alterations a few months back and I followed their suggestions, but I guess they overlooked how the Iron man 2 debrief scene and IH university battle scenes are no longer on same day (look at June 2 and June 3, I marked those scenes). When I asked "You sure?", I was asking if you were certain the layout/Order was right. It's definitely not, least pertaining to those sections.

Check carefully in quote above with the pertaining timeline info, I specifically labeled the portions that denote the debrief scene from IM2 and the battle at the university in IH. They're off by a day. Looks like we have to move the IH entries up by a day to align those events as occurring on same day/around same time and that should fix it without any issues.

My bad, got confused. I can't currently match up run times on my blu rays, but this break down seems accurate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/2usvfr/ever_wonder_how_iron_man_2_thor_and_the/

So, why is Daredevil 2x06 set months before 2x07 when the dialogue indicates The People Vs. Frank Castle starts in a week from the end of 06?

So, why is Daredevil 2x06 set months before 2x07 when the dialogue indicates The People Vs. Frank Castle starts in a week from the end of 06?

Because in the first few episodes, it is the middle of summer (with a hard date in one of the episodes showing it takes place on July 21). The later part of the season takes place in November/December, so the assumption was made that it took them months to find jurors (so as to put enough of a time-span so that the season ends in Christmas).

My bad, got confused. I can't currently match up run times on my blu rays, but this break down seems accurate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/2usvfr/ever_wonder_how_iron_man_2_thor_and_the/

No worries. That link is helpful. Honestly I think I just need to love the IH entries up by a day and that'll solve the problem.

Because in the first few episodes, it is the middle of summer (with a hard date in one of the episodes showing it takes place on July 21). The later part of the season takes place in November/December, so the assumption was made that it took them months to find jurors (so as to put enough of a time-span so that the season ends in Christmas).

Exactly. There is literally only one possible spot to insert a break point in the season and that's it. And that break is required since the series begins mid heat wave in first episode (obviously during summer or late summer) and the following episodes occur one right after the other, as do the episodes in second part of season.

There's no logical way to stretch those thirteen episodes from summer or late summer all the way to December (by final episodes).

So, we just assume that the jury selection process was intentionally dragged out by Matt and Foggy, to give themselves time to prepare their defense, which in a case with the deck as stacked against their defendant as it was, they'd need. Plus, such trials never really occur that quickly.

So, the idea is the trial proceedings DID start the next week, it's just those proceedings involved weeks and weeks or months of jury selection or stays.

It's not perfect, but it seemed more logical than a heat wave in NYC in late November or early December. :)

Last edited:
So I watched Black Panther last night, and most of the film seems to cover 7-8 days. The final scene in Oakland probably picks up a few days at least after main portion of film, and presumably the post credit scenes occur not long after also.
The scene in Oakland depends on if the buildings T'Challa bought were abandoned or still had people living in them when he bought them. You can't move people out of apartment buildings in a few days.

The scene in Oakland depends on if the buildings T'Challa bought were abandoned or still had people living in them when he bought them. You can't move people out of apartment buildings in a few days.

I dunno. He just said he bought them, I didn't notice any construction/renovations going on. That being said, 3 large real estate transactions like that don't happen over night. So it might have been over a week later.

Is this anything in Civil War that specifically states the Peter is in his freshman year?

I don't think so in the actual movie. Pretty sure Feige and/or the Russos (or Markus/McFeely) repeatedly said so in interviews. Or maybe they said he 14, which normally makes you a Freshman and would line up with Homecoming being his Sophomore year/15 y.o.

I'll look into it.

I don't think so in the actual movie. Pretty sure Feige and/or the Russos (or Markus/McFeely) repeatedly said so in interviews. Or maybe they said he 14, which normally makes you a Freshman and would line up with Homecoming being his Sophomore year/15 y.o.

I'll look into it.

http://time.com/4312912/captain-america-civil-war-stephen-mcfeely-christopher-markus/

We just wanted to write the most realistic 15-year-old boy we could.

He is still 15 in Homecoming, which takes place that fall. Grade 10 (Homecoming) is ages 15-16, and grade 9 (Civil War) is ages 14-15.

Therefore, he is a freshman in Civil War.

Last edited:
Therefore, he is a freshman in Civil War.

Going by our timeline here, yes. But we ignore both time tags in Homecoming.

In the wonky Homecoming timeline, Civil War was August 2017, which means it was the beginning of his Sophomore year. If we could prove that he was in 9th grade in Civil War, it would fully debunk the "two months later" stamp.

Going by our timeline here, yes. But we ignore both time tags in Homecoming.

In the wonky Homecoming timeline, Civil War was August 2017, which means it was the beginning of his Sophomore year. If we could prove that he was in 9th grade in Civil War, it would fully debunk the "two months later" stamp.

Homecoming has prop evidence for being placed in either September (September 14 decathlon poster, September 13-14 name tag, September 23 homecoming ticket) and October (October 13-15 decahtlon poster).

If Homecoming started in early September (Peter quitting band practice 6 weeks ago wouldn't contradict this, since there are schools that do rehearse during summer), Civil War could be in late June (slightly over two months) and Peter's algebra exam could be one of his finals.

If he's in 10th grade in Homecoming and in 9th grade in Civil War, it doesn't necessarily contradict "2 months later". Though I'm not saying to change anything. Maybe the official timeline that will allegedly come out will say something about this.

They definitely have the flexibility to go either way with it, especially with the September/October murkiness.

Although I remember an interview with Eric Carroll where he said their then-current script (this was like April last year) had Homecoming being 5 months after Civil War, and that would absolutely make it his Freshman year. Wonder why they changed it...

Exactly. There is literally only one possible spot to insert a break point in the season and that's it. And that break is required since the series begins mid heat wave in first episode (obviously during summer or late summer) and the following episodes occur one right after the other, as do the episodes in second part of season.

There's no logical way to stretch those thirteen episodes from summer or late summer all the way to December (by final episodes).

So, we just assume that the jury selection process was intentionally dragged out by Matt and Foggy, to give themselves time to prepare their defense, which in a case with the deck as stacked against their defendant as it was, they'd need. Plus, such trials never really occur that quickly.

So, the idea is the trial proceedings DID start the next week, it's just those proceedings involved weeks and weeks or months of jury selection or stays.

It's not perfect, but it seemed more logical than a heat wave in NYC in late November or early December. :)

This may have been discussed prior, but I'm at S2E13 of Daredevil finally, and this still isn't sitting right with me. I wasn't taking exhaustive notes while watching, so I can't point to the specific episodes, but a handful of things did pop out to me.

On top of the "Next week" comment I've already mentioned, we're told early on by Claire that her run-in with Luke (this occurs in Jessica Jones) was within the last month or so (I can't remember the exact line.), Then when Matt meets with Wilson in prison, Fisk states he was put away "months ago". The current timeline has that at a year currently. Hogarth then mentions in her meeting with Foggy that "if the past few months have been any indicator" she's gonna need people who think outside the box (or something to that effect.) Maybe the line works on a technicality since Hogarth could be talking about just the events of JJ season 1 and DDS2 but with those placed 8 months away it seems like a stretch, and with Fisk's comment about his incarceration it feels like the time period ought to be even smaller.

I don't remember those lines specifically, but either way you have to make the season last from Summer to Christmas. No way around it.

After watching BP, it seems the final post-credit's scene could take place anywhere from days to years after the ending of the film. If we assume 2018 is when IW will be, that scene could take place moments before IW.

Hi guys, I'm BEJT from the MCU wiki who passed on the message through 64SuperNintendo recently.
BEJT from the MCU Wiki asked me to post the following.

"-I am not A13G10. While I work with him as two of the main users who work on the MCU timeline, I did not approve of his outbursts nor would I act like that. He got heated and defensive.
-I have nothing to do with the "Timeline" page. That page is admin-locked, and I do not approve of the way it is run, and it is very uncomfortable. The work I have done has all been on the year pages - "Before 20th Century", "1900s", "1910s" etc. to "1990s", "2000s", "2010", "2011" etc. to "2017", and "2091".
-I am not the only user and have never yet had the time to survey the whole thing. There is undoubtedly many mistakes on minor things, but the placements of pretty much each film or one-shot or episode or video I am aware of and have checked.
-I, and others, have worked for years on this, and are not stupid. We have scoured everything just as much as TCB, and I have often read the TCB thread just in case we missed anything, it's a good source. TCB has also missed some things which we are aware of. I have, however, read through the thread and made any missing notes, for the sake of completion. I am very knowledgeable about all the ins and outs of the timeline, and just because things have sometimes been overruled on the timeline does not mean that they have been missed.
-I was always happy reading the thread as a bystander, but A13G10's arguing made me uncomfortable about the impression we were giving off and so I tried to create an account to be a civil voice from the wiki, but have been waiting for months for an approval. The disparaging comments, though, I have not been particularly happy about, especially since they're untrue. "Real time" is indeed what the "Timeline" page goes by, and it has bothered us for a long time. We have advocated against it for years, to no avail. But it is certainly not something we abide by on the actual timeline pages, as I'm sure we can all agree that it does not make sense. We base it on collecting all the evidence and reasoning the best dates we can. Often, that's not in accordance with the TCB timeline. For example, we do not put as much value in props such as a small phone date that was just the day they were filming. That is partly wiki policy, partly just the way we choose to work. Another is that the wiki timeline operates on specific dates for almost everything, even if it is just approximation. We find that this system works best for the way the wiki works, so long as no false claims are made in the references, but I also like the presentation of the TCB timeline and its hard-evidenced-dates-only, no mathemtically calculated approximations for vague flashbacks and the like. It works for that format. On that subject, we are trying to write full references explaining the placement of everything on each page, but it is admittedly a bit messy, some are a little outdated, and it is far from complete.
-It's a respectful disagreement and two different methods. Whether the disparaging comments have been because you have only looked at the very much divorced "Timeline" page, because of A13G10's approach, because of not taking the time to understand our placements (again, though, our references are far from done), because of a rivalry, or a mix of some or all of it, it has been quite frustrating feeling a bit attacked, unfairly, and with no means to respond. I was considering emailing DIrishB to get some of these messages across because it saddened me that the wiki timeline was being unfairly judged and treated without any way to respond.
-If my account were ever approved, it genuinely would just be kind debate. DIrishB seems like a nice guy. It would just be putting some things out there that have not been mentioned in the thread and you may not be aware of, and suggesting some smaller corrections - I don't expect to convince you of any major changes due to the different approaches."
And 64SuperNintendo has also passed on some other things from me recently, like the time zones in Captain America: Civil War.

My account had been pending for months so I tried again, and this username was very randomly chosen - it was just me thinking, "Err, something timeline-related... Time Stone... Eye of Agamotto... Agamotto?" This account just got approved though, and I'm happy to join the conversation, which I've been checking for quite a while. I'm not in any hurry to suddenly put across every single point I have and bombard you all - frankly, it's too much work for me as well. But over the next few weeks/months I might occasionally drop a note.

If I could start off with one, for example, though:

You've placed the massacre of the Castle family on April 14, 2015. However, that's not quite right.

This is the dialogue from Kinbaku:
Ellison picks up a newspaper.
Ellison: "April 14th. When was the Castle family murdered?"
Karen: "Well, I figure it's gotta be sometime that week, right?"
Ellison: "You know, I cannot remember my my kids' birthdays, but violent, soul-sucking events are just seared into my brain. Figures, right?"
Karen: "Ah, yes, yes."
Ellison: "Okay, gang-on-gang violence. No civilians were reported injured, so nobody cared. It took me a week to get this in the paper. Here. Three gangs, Central Park, midday. They shot each other to ****. It was a total massacre. Mexican Cartel, Dogs of Hell -"
Karen: "Kitchen Irish."
Ellison: "... Kitchen Irish."

So, Ellison got the article published on April 14th, he would have got approval on April 13th, and he says that was a week after the massacre, placing it around April 6th.

When Frank tells his story in Penny and Dime, he explains that he reunited with his daughter at her school. However, the next day they were in the park which, as we have just been told in that dialogue above, was midday. That would suggest that it is now the weekend, but with the day before being a weekday, this means he gets back on a Friday, and the massacre is on a Saturday.

The MCU does often show days of the week that do not match the date as they do in the real world, but there is no consistency to the offset. Like, there's no link such as "All Saturdays in the real world are actually Sundays in the MCU, everything's one day of the week later" - there's no consistency to the mistakes. But ultimately, things like this have led us at the wiki to go with the days of the week being the same in the MCU and real world.

With that said, the closest Saturday to April 6, 2015 is Saturday, April 4, 2015. So, the massacre would be April 4th and then 9 days (just over "a week") later Ellison got approval to print an article about it.

If you choose not to go with the days of the week being the same in the MCU as the real world, still, it shouldn't be placed on April 14th.

Hope to be of help.

Last edited:
Don't waste your money on IW Prelude #2. It leads directly into the Strange scene in Ragnarok, and is just Wong clumsily recounting every recent incident regarding a Stone. Nothing offered about the Soul Stone, other than the fact that no one knows anything about it and, if the rumors are true, it might be the most powerful one of all. He's looking at a picture of a solar system while talking about it, but that's it.

Latest posts

Back