Marvel planning 'Guardians of the Galaxy' pic

Back on point, I am all about Chris Pratt as Starlord. The rumor of Adam Sandler being pursued for Rocket Raccoon makes more sense in light of this casting too.

No, the old one. I bought all the back issues on comixology

I don't think I even knew there was such a thing...?

If you are reading Annihilation make sure you read the tie in series...es as well, and in order. I bought the 2 Annihilation stories on Comixology when they were on sale and I didn't get the tie ins. I have the hardcovers and have read everything in the proper reading order, so I wasn't aware how much is missing when you take out the tie-ins. They are essential.

I don't think I even knew there was such a thing...?

If you are reading Annihilation make sure you read the tie in series...es as well, and in order. I bought the 2 Annihilation stories on Comixology when they were on sale and I didn't get the tie ins. I have the hardcovers and have read everything in the proper reading order, so I wasn't aware how much is missing when you take out the tie-ins. They are essential.

Yeah, there are 25 issues that follow right after Annihilation Conquest. It's written by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning and runs parallel to the Nova series that they also wrote. Both series are really good and tie into War of Kings and Realm of Kings along with a few other miniseries (similar to how the two Annihilation stories are set up - and yes, I read the tie-ins for those.)

Back on point, I am all about Chris Pratt as Starlord. The rumor of Adam Sandler being pursued for Rocket Raccoon makes more sense in light of this casting too.

When I first heard that Sandler was being considered, I thought it was a terrible idea. But I could maybe see him working as Rocket Racoon. Surely there are better options, though?

Last edited:
Yeah, there are 25 issues that follow right after Annihilation Conquest. It's written by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning and runs parallel to the Nova series that they also wrote. Both series are really good and tie into War of Kings and Realm of Kings along with a few other miniseries (similar to how the two Annihilation stories are set up - and yes, I read the tie-ins for those.)

Yeah, I just remembered after looking it up after I posted that. I totally forgot about it, even though I read at least some of it.

When I first heard that Sandler was being considered, I thought it was a terrible idea. But I could maybe see him working as Rocket Racoon. Surely there are better options, though?

Jim Carrey was supposed to be another option.

Rocket Raccoon is not a funny character per se; he is a military strategist and a tactical genius. I don't think the part should be going to a comedian.

So apparently Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones, Conan the Barbarian) has been reportedly cast as Drax the Destroyer.

Apparently Marvel was impressed with his audition, and the guy seems like he was born to play the role in the same sense RDJ was for Tony Stark.

I am seriously pumped for this movie.

So apparently Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones, Conan the Barbarian) has been reportedly cast as Drax the Destroyer.

Apparently Marvel was impressed with his audition, and the guy seems like he was born to play the role in the same sense RDJ was for Tony Stark.

I am seriously pumped for this movie.
He was never casted, he was in 'in talks', which is what I've seen lot of sites report.

Also, this reports he actually only tested for the role, but has not received an offer.

I hope they use the current Drax and not the dim-witted doofus that was popular in the 90's

I think Sandler would be a terrible idea. Personally I think Ray Winstone would be an excellent voice for RR.

[video=youtube;ezZ2ZRfSsLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezZ2ZRfSsLY&feature=youtu.be&t=19s[/video]

Ice said:
No Momoa as Drax it seems....

Guardians of the Galaxy Won’t Feature Jason Momoa After All

A new report contends that Conan the Barbarian star Jason Momoa balked at Marvel’s offer to play Drax the Destroyer in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Damn, he'd have been perfect for the role. I don't think he "balked" at playing the role, just that his agent was asking too high a price for Marvel's tastes.

Damn, he'd have been perfect for the role. I don't think he "balked" at playing the role, just that his agent was asking too high a price for Marvel's tastes.

But he picks his roles so carefully!

He's like the next Daniel Day-Lewis.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Gets Its Drax – Dave Bautista Has Signed On To Be The Destroyer

Bautista is a sometime WWE wrestler and mixed martial artist and stands at around six and a half feet tall.

Meh. I personally would've preferred Momoa as he could look exactly like the character once in makeup, etc. Obviously Bautista can as well, but Momoa really looked like Drax. Either way, I'm always a bit apprehensive when leaning on a former wrestler/fighter in a major acting role.

Latest posts

Back