Marvel planning 'Guardians of the Galaxy' pic

Yes I can't wait I love the guardians of the galaxy and can't wait to see how this turns out

"not to mention her third skin colour" :roll:

Maybe she'll get cast as Princess Leia and then that can be her fourth skin colour.

What a dumb comment.

Last edited:
"not to mention her third skin colour" :roll:

Maybe she'll get cast as Princess Leia and then that can be her fourth skin colour.

What a dumb comment.

Come on. It was a joke, and a pretty good one at that.

Rumor:

We've had little more than some concept art and casting news for GUARDIANS, which is just about to go in front of the lens, and there's been a lot of speculation about the villains in the film. Thanos has long been speculated to be the frontrunner, but with a main "henchman" that does the heavy lifting, such as Phalanx, The Controller, or The Collector.

According to our source the main villain will in fact be Ronan the Accuser, the ruler of the alien race known as the Kree. Ronan has fought the likes of the Fantastic Four, The Inhumans, and Guardians of the Galaxy in the comics and is a mainstay of the Marvel cosmic universe, so it's well in line for him to be featured as the main villain, especially with Marvel looking to expand it's cinematic adventures to the far reaches of space. Could this be a lead-up to the Kree-Skrull war in THE AVENGERS 2? It's anyone's guess, but Ronan is certainly a formidable threat and a solid lead villain for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.

I don't know, Whedon described Avengers 2 as "smaller, more personal". The Kree-Skrull war certainly doesn't fit those adjectives. But then again, maybe plans have changed, or perhaps Avengers 2 is a lead up to the Kree-Skrull war in Avengers 3, while Avengers 2 will take cues from Secret Invasion, which might qualify for a "smaller, more personal" film than the first Avengers, what with the Skrulls (or Chitauri in this case since the Skrull term is owned by Fox) revealing they can shape shift and begin infiltrating SHIELD. There's some evidence of this as a plot point in Captain America - The Winter Soldier based on recent reports, so maybe its introduced there.

Marvel offers John C Reilly "Rhomann Dey" role.

They call the role the "Agent Coulson of the Guardians movies."

There's a ton of additional info in that article:

As pre-production work on Guardians of the Galaxy draws Marvel's ambitious sci-fi epic ever closer to shooting, some specifics of the plot are finally starting to leak out. It seems, from these scraps, that certain details have been changed from the original comic books, and there's a whole patchwork of interrelated ideas and characters drawn together into something rather new. You may consider some of what follows to be rather spoilery.

First of all, let's address Rhomann Dey. According to HitFix, Marvel have made an offer to John C. Reilly to take this part, "the Agent Coulson of the Guardians movies." In the comics though, Dey is the head of the Nova Corps. and not a human being from planet Earth. Why the change? Well, it looks like they've mixed up some elements of his storyline, which originally saw him select Earthling Richard Rider to join the Nova Corps. It's not clear, as yet, but those story pieces seem to have been rewoven somewhat…

What's more, Dey will have a key liaison back on Earth and, while Marvel haven't settled on any actor yet, they've apparently been looking at Hugh Laurie, Alan Rickman, Ken Watanabe… basically, anybody filed under A for Authorative at Casting Central.

We do know that the Nova Corps. are in the film, and not just because Nova ships appeared in some of the concept art. It seems they've been reworked, as you might expect, but it worked – is still working, and will continue to work, I expect, with SHIELD, so I see no reason to worry.

Just because the film is going full-on Galactic, it doesn't mean we won't be seeing any of the characters from previous Marvel movies. Nick Fury, for example, is set to play an important part when he convinces Groot not to experiment on the human race but to respect and assist them instead. Drax still has his human origins, having been a saxophone player called Art who was killed by Thanos in the Mojave Desert.

While Hit Fix believe that Zoe Saldana hasn't yet committed to the part of Gamora, there can't be a lot between her and that final dotted line, what with costume and make-up already in advanced stages of development and testing.

The movie version of Gamora was raised by Thanos and trained to be a deadly killer for his forces, but as soon as she realised what nefarious naughtiness he had on the cards, she went on the run. She's now looking to put her super strength, super speed and super knife fighting skills to use on the side of the good guys.

It's not clear how all of the characters will come together, but we can expect to meet Rocket Raccoon alongside his buddy Wal Russ – another anthropomorphic animal, and if any of you think you can guess which kind, I'll accept answers on a postcard or the back of stuck down envelope. The two critters are initially employed at The Keystone Quadrant, the intergalactic asylum for those who are criminally insane at a cosmic level.

The villain of the film, according to current info, is Michael Rooker as Yondu who, as I previously understood it, was a member of a different Guardians lineup in the comics and not just some kind of space pirate. But yes, Marvel Movieverse rewiring has often been pretty dramatic, but it's almost always effective.

Also billed as a villain is the role that Lee Pace has taken, but we don't know – yet – just who that is. Interestingly, though, it's suggested that he's being set up for his own spin-off movies, at least in theory. Not that Marvel are looking to make a movie named for and centred around a bad guy – Guardians will see the character switching sides.

I can't even start to guess who he might be but it's good to know Pace will get a nice meaty part, though.

There's still more polishing to be done to the screenplay, with Marvel stalwarts Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely taking the pages through this final scrub-up. Still, planning is at a very advanced stage and there are, relatively speaking, very few pieces left to click into place.

Guardians of the Galaxy is set for release in August of next year. It certainly looks like this one is going to be a big, wild, unpredictable adventure, and I hope James Gunn can really knock it out of the park. I certainly respect the ambition and free-wheeling invention the production has shot for so far.

Here's some weird casting news: Glenn Close Is Head Cop In Marvel's 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'...

Here is a big one for Marvel fans. I'm told that Marvel Studios is setting Glenn Close to a major role in its newest franchise creation, Guardians Of The Galaxy. They're always circumspect at Marvel, but I'm told that Close is playing a leadership role in Nova Corp, the intergalactic space patrol. The James Gunn-directed Guardians Of The Galaxy starts production in about a month, with a cast that includes Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, John C. Reilly and others. I believe Close's role would be the closest thing to the one that Samuel L. Jackson plays in Marvel's Avengers movie. Having seen Close's work in Damages, and going back to Fatal Attraction and The World According To Garp, she certainly has a hard side to her.

"DOCTOR WHO" ALUM KAREN GILLAN JOINS "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY"

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the former companion will play the film's still-unidentified lead female villain.

1370046519.jpg

She's gonna play Ego, the Living Planet!

:D Or maybe, as a **** you to FOX, they'll make the Phoenix Force the villain.

Bahahahaha!!

:shock:

That's actually an amazing idea!

But seriously, doesn't the Phoenix fall under the X-Men license owned by Fox? Wouldn't that make Fox's lawyers all suey?

Bahahahaha!!

But seriously, doesn't the Phoenix fall under the X-Men license owned by Fox? Wouldn't that make Fox's lawyers all suey?

I was just joking, but maybe there's a loophole? I mean, Fox has the rights to Jean as the Dark Phoenix. I don't know how it extends beyond that. Both companies have the rights to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, after all.

Nebula, maybe? Do we know if Thanos is appearing in this?

Moondragon?

I don't know who Nebula is, but KG would be a really weird choice to play Moondragon.

I don't know who Nebula is

She is Thanos's granddaughter. She played a pretty big role in Infinity Gauntlet but I'm not sure she's been in anything significant since.

She is Thanos's granddaughter. She played a pretty big role in Infinity Gauntlet but I'm not sure she's been in anything significant since.

Oh. Huh....

I wouldn't be surprised if they went with an all-new villain, actually. It's not like GotG is brimming with fascinating nemeses.

Latest posts

Back