Marvel planning 'Guardians of the Galaxy' pic

I was just joking, but maybe there's a loophole? I mean, Fox has the rights to Jean as the Dark Phoenix. I don't know how it extends beyond that. Both companies have the rights to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, after all.

I know you we're joking. The only time I've ever heard you proclaim anything with any degree of actual conviction, it was to say you wanted Sweet 'n Sour sauce with your fries. And who can blame you? It's a delicious combination.

But I was wondering if the Fox rights extended to Jean and her Phoenix/Dark Phoenix personas, but does that preclude other characters being portrayed as the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix in a Marvel Studios movie? That might be a specific that might've been overlooked in a contract. Not likely, but its possible.

That said, I'm not well-versed in Marvel's cosmic side, so it could really be anyone of those characters and there's only about a 25% chance I'll know who the hell it is.

Thanos was rumored to appear in this, but never confirmed.

I have a feeling if Thanos does appear it'll be another cameo appearance as the one pulling the strings. I don't think we'll see him as the main villain until either Avengers 2 or possibly even the third one way down the line (though that'd be a heck of a ****-tease to make us wait until 2018 ).

Last edited:
So apparently Benicio Del Toro will be in Guardians of the Galaxy and other future Marvel films. This leads me to think he'll be playing a major cosmic character like Nova, Captain Marvel, Warlock, etc. As I'm not that familiar with the cosmic side of the Marvel Universe, maybe you folks who are could think of better suggestions.

Benicio Del Toro cast in Guardians of the Galaxy and future Marvel films

I'm psyched for that. Guardians is landing some heavy hitters. And I must say, never thought I'd see Glenn Close and Dave Bautista in the same film, but now we all will. Sweet!

I could see Benicio Del Toro as Thanos.

This is a really weird cast but I'm excited.

Last edited:
Karen Gillan As Angela – How Journalism Works

daily-mail-600x367.jpg

I don't understand Marvel's desire to plug Angela into this movie and Age of Ultron. Maybe I haven't read very many Angela stories but what has she ever had to do with space operas or dystopian futures ruled by robots? The character was created specifically to hunt Hellspawn in the Spawn series.

Or maybe this is part of Neil Gaiman's deal for his dealings re: Miracleman?

That's the stupid thing I've ever heard.....

But I won't argue against Karen Gillan in a gold bikini.

If you read the article, it's fake.

I didn't. I stupidly trusted Ice that he would post ACTUAL news.

I would've read it, but I was in a hurry to go nowhere.

DARN YOU

My revised post, now off-topic:

I don't understand Marvel's desire to plug Angela into Age of Ultron. Maybe I haven't read very many Angela stories but what has she ever had to do with dystopian futures ruled by robots? The character was created specifically to hunt Hellspawn in the Spawn series.

Or maybe this is part of Neil Gaiman's deal for his dealings re: Miracleman?

I didn't. I stupidly trusted Ice that he would post ACTUAL news.

DARN YOU

I believe this should be grounds for Ice to lose his mod title and privileges, and possibly permanent banishment...to TheComicBoard's version of The Phantom Zone (ie, Detroit, MI).

Nothing personal, Ice, as I love you like a puppy, but this is a serious breach.

I think Benicio del Toro is actually playing Thanos and The Collector is just a cover.

I think Benicio del Toro is actually playing Thanos and The Collector is just a cover.

I like that idea. Nobody cares about The Collector.

I also like that Star Lord's helmet looks like in the comics. I care about that for some reason; I guess it just looks cool. I thought it wasn't going to be the same because of the current (bad) Bendis comic.

Latest posts

Back