Marvel planning 'Guardians of the Galaxy' pic

Yeah, so I watched the vignettes about each character.

Gamora has me worried, mainly because the actress describe her as an assassin with a heart of gold.

Which Gamora does not have.

Wow. That's, like, not even close.

I believe that deep down she is a good person. She wouldn't be part of the team if she wasn't.

I believe that deep down she is a good person. She wouldn't be part of the team if she wasn't.

Unless being a part of the team served her own ends. After all, doesn't she want to kill Thanos? Being on a team that works against Thanos' goals serves that personal mission well, and will inevitably bring her into conflict with the big purple guy himself, assuming that's what she wants in the film.

Unless being a part of the team served her own ends. After all, doesn't she want to kill Thanos? Being on a team that works against Thanos' goals serves that personal mission well, and will inevitably bring her into conflict with the big purple guy himself, assuming that's what she wants in the film.

In the comics she's on the team b/c
Quill talked Mantis into using her telepathic powers to influence her (and the rest of the team).
. Although, she stays with the team b/c they gave her a sense of purpose. Drax is the one who wants to kill Thanos, Gamora doesn't really care.

Last edited:
In the comics she's on the team b/c * SPOILER *. Although, she stays with the team b/c they gave her a sense of purpose. Drax is the one who wants to kill Thanos, Gamora doesn't really care.

Ah ok. I thought Drax wanted to kill Ronan... wasn't Ronan responsible for killing Drax's family? That's what I get for not reading the comics.

Nope, Drax was a human that Thanos killed, along with his family, but Kronos took his spirit and put it in a powerful body and made him his champion to kill Thanos. And actually, Drax's daughter Heather survived and was taken to Titan and raised by Thanos' father, Mentor. She became Moondragon.

It's a bit convoluted. Blame Jim Starlin and probably drugs.

Nope, Drax was a human that Thanos killed, along with his family, but Kronos took his spirit and put it in a powerful body and made him his champion to kill Thanos. And actually, Drax's daughter Heather survived and was taken to Titan and raised by Thanos' father, Mentor. She became Moondragon.

It's a bit convoluted. Blame Jim Starlin and probably drugs.

It goes a little deeper than that...eventually it was established that Drax's reason for existence in the grand cosmic scheme of things was to kill Thanos.

1545955_853376698012237_6106815135217952813_n.jpg

Back