Marvel: Your Universe Thread

I love Joe Mad's art. I'm really big into the over cartoon art like Joe Mad, Ed McGuinness, and Humberto Ramos. Joe Mad is what saved comics for me actually. As I've said before, I REALLY hated The Ultimates 2 and by the end of it I was ready to quit comics and then I saw the ad for the third. Had no idea who Jeph Loeb was so that had no effect on me but the art was so great that I had to try it and the idea of Wolverine and Spider-Man showing up was too good to pass. Bought the first issue and learned how much fun comics could really be even when all the characters were *******s still.

God, you need an intervention.

God, you need an intervention.

I'm with him on Ed McGuinnes and Humberto Ramos. I think when used properly they're both fantastic, and Ramos' collaboration with Paul Jenkins on Revelations showed a versatility you wouldn't expect from him.

Joe Mad might be the second most overrated artist in comics tho. His stuff isn't particularly good, pretty, or tell a very good story. It's just hyped to Hell and back.

I'm with him on Ed McGuinnes and Humberto Ramos. I think when used properly they're both fantastic, and Ramos' collaboration with Paul Jenkins on Revelations showed a versatility you wouldn't expect from him.

Joe Mad might be the second most overrated artist in comics tho. His stuff isn't particularly good, pretty, or tell a very good story. It's just hyped to Hell and back.

I was referring to this portion of his statement:

wyokid said:
As I've said before, I REALLY hated The Ultimates 2 and by the end of it I was ready to quit comics and then I saw the ad for the third. Had no idea who Jeph Loeb was so that had no effect on me but the art was so great that I had to try it and the idea of Wolverine and Spider-Man showing up was too good to pass. Bought the first issue and learned how much fun comics could really be even when all the characters were *******s still.

This is obviously a cry for help.

I love Joe Mad's art. I'm really big into the over cartoon art like Joe Mad, Ed McGuinness, and Humberto Ramos. Joe Mad is what saved comics for me actually. As I've said before, I REALLY hated The Ultimates 2 and by the end of it I was ready to quit comics and then I saw the ad for the third. Had no idea who Jeph Loeb was so that had no effect on me but the art was so great that I had to try it and the idea of Wolverine and Spider-Man showing up was too good to pass. Bought the first issue and learned how much fun comics could really be even when all the characters were *******s still.

Sometimes I wonder if wyokid is secretly a longtime member here who created a second account to troll everyone.

Sometimes I wonder if wyokid is secretly a longtime member here who created a second account to troll everyone.

I spent all of last winter waiting for him to reveal himself on April 1st. But then he didn't, so now I don't know.

1890984_10153159038514325_6288969086586551743_n_zpsa6e5066e.jpg

Spider-man#1(aug.1990)

I have finally found a graded 9.2 by the CGC UNIVERSAL GRADE with Todd McFarland,story,cover and art,WOW!

Re: Spider-man#1(aug.1990)

I have finally found a graded 9.2 by the CGC UNIVERSAL GRADE with Todd McFarland,story,cover and art,WOW!

Welcome.

What did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

And which cover is it?

Hey: I bought the comic for 40$,was that a good price? The cover is LIZARD APPEARANCE(TORMENT,PART ONE OF FIVE)

Hey: I bought the comic for 40$,was that a good price? The cover is LIZARD APPEARANCE(TORMENT,PART ONE OF FIVE)

I think it's probably pretty good just taking into consideration the cost of getting a comic graded.

The comic itself isn't rare at all and can be found really cheap, but there are variants that are worth a little more. I think the gold cover was the most common followed by silver but I could have it backward. I want to say there was a white variant which was pretty rare but I can't remember exactly.

I think it's probably pretty good just taking into consideration the cost of getting a comic graded. The comic itself isn't rare at all and can be found really cheap, but there are variants that are worth a little more. I think the gold cover was the most common followed by silver but I could have it backward. I want to say there was a white variant which was pretty rare but I can't remember exactly.
Hey: thank you for the information,I also have the first issue of EPIC ILLUSTRATED,do you have any information about it?

Latest posts

Back