Marvel: Your Universe Thread

I know it's petty but that's pretty good.

So I used to collect the "Marvel Essentials" TPBs. I loved them, they were cheap and had a lot of material in them. They've apparently cancelled the series and are replacing them with the "Epic Collections" TPBs which will be in colour and cover the major story arcs for each character, but not every issue. And they aren't releasing them in order, which is sort of weird. It kind of hurts, I wish they had at least finished the Essential Marvel Team-Up books. They only had three left and they waited so long between volumes. Sigh.

EDIT: actually, they may contain all the issues after all. But so far, there is only Amazing Spider-Man titles, and each of them have a few tie-ins from Spectacular or Web of. I wonder if they're going to do Epic Collections for each title.

Last edited:
Miles Morales to join the All-New All different Avengers while Human Torch will be part of the Uncanny Inhumans. Both issues will be out on Free Comic Book Day.

All-New-All-Different-Avengers-Assemble-4-811f2.jpg

Uncanny-Inhumans-4-7b669.jpg

Last edited:
I have no interest in that Avengers team.

I also think it's weird to change it so drastically on the heels of a major motion picture.

I have no interest in that Avengers team.

I also think it's weird to change it so drastically on the heels of a major motion picture.

Mark Waid I'd writing it.

That's sort of a moot point since there's no book with the 'major team' or whatever you'd call them anyways due to Secret Wars right when the movie hits. Besides, this team is for after Secret Wars is over later this year.

Last edited:
Fantastic Four title will return after Secret Wars

"A fan asked whether Marvel still cares about the Fantastic Four, considering how far they've been removed from the larger universe, and whether the films influence the treatment of characters.

Cebulski clarified that Marvel Films does not force Marvel Comics to do anything, and the characters will continue to appear in Marvel comics, saying that there will be a Fantastic Four title after Secret Wars.
"

I wonder if they will be doing something like the New Fantastic Four (the Spider-Man/Hulk/Wolverine/Ghost Rider team) and not the original family.

I wonder if they will be doing something like the New Fantastic Four (the Spider-Man/Hulk/Wolverine/Ghost Rider team) and not the original family.

That seems more likely. Despite the claims the film's don't force the comics to do or not do things, the reality is Ike Perlmutter does.

And I'd be willing to bet Marvel sees reviving the FF with different team members (not the original Reed, Sue, Johnny, and Ben) as a way of saying "Hey, see? We still like the FF" while in reality kind of thumbing their noses at Fox by replacing the characters seen in the film's with characters Marvel owns the film rights to exclusively.

Latest posts

Back