Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness (SPOILERS/DISCUSSION)

Issued

Not-zombie-yet spider-man talks to the zombie heroes, says that he wants ash to himself and threatens them with eating Hawkeye's brain.Somehow the zombie heroes agree and they let ash and spidey go.
They have an argument over a rooftop, spidey swings away to protect MJ and May, while Ash swears at him The Punisher enters the scene, since Frank has no super powers he ain't no zombie.Frank asks Ash to help him over his mission, Ash accepts.They rush into Kingpin's chamber, Punisher kills not-zombie-yet Fisk and Hammerhead.When they look out of the window, it appears that no superheroes left non-zombified, and a few of them are chasing not-zombie-yet Blob, and a few of them fighting Powerball, Punisher goes berserk when he sees already-criminal Powerball so he attacks both zombies and Powerball, everyone but Powerball survives Punisher's attack, and as you can guess they eat Frank too.Ash runs away swearing at how crappy things are in the universe.
In a dark alley he sees Bucky(winter soldier) trying to eat Dazzler, Ash falls in love with Dazzler and makes a heroic move, puts a double-barrel shot in Bucky's head.Ash checks out Dazzler, and a little bit hits on her.Talks about the dark magic book, Dazzler agrees to help him out and takes Ash to Dr. Strange's place.While they are staring at the house Ash suddenly gets eaten by noone but ZOMBIE HOWARD THE DUCK!

This issue was awesome, so much fun :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness #2 (SPOILERS/DISCUSSION)

You don't need to put spoiler tags on things in a spoiler thread.

But this issue was good. It was actually funny and Ash sounded like Ash.

I've said before how much I hate the Army of Darkness comics, but I think if Layman wrote it it would be awesome.

Still kind of weird to have Ash around in the defining moment of the Marvel Zombie universe. I wonder if he'll be mentioned in Dead Days?

Generally, when people start a discussion thread for an issue with "spoilers" in the title, they don't spoiler-mark the summary. You should change that.

It was a great issue. I loved Zombie Runaways and the Blob and how the heroine of the story will now be Dazzler. :lol:

Generally, when people start a discussion thread for an issue with "spoilers" in the title, they don't spoiler-mark the summary. You should change that.

It was a great issue. I loved Zombie Runaways and the Blob and how the heroine of the story will now be Dazzler. :lol:

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the Blob! That was hilarious.

I am curious to see how they bring Ash back.

Man i kinda felt bad for Old Lance being eaten

...Wonder what raptors taste like

oh and anyone Notice owl with Fisk and Hammerhead?

Man i kinda felt bad for Old Lance being eaten

...Wonder what raptors taste like?

Only one way to find out!

*hops into time machine*

-^-ZXXZAAAPP!-^-

*wind blows*

*returns from the 87th century, belly full*

Hmm, tasted like chicken. :D

When Ash and Dazzler get up to Dr. Strange's, he'll probably be up there eating Wong... but hopefully not. Hopefully he's up there trying to figure out how to solve the zombie problem... but he's probably eating Wong.

Now here's a problem I noticed... Dr. Strange, Dazzler, and Kingpin all made cameos as zombies in the other Zombies books. Kingpin couldn't have become a zombie because he died before he was infected. So now what about Dr. Strange and Dazzler? Are the cameos not supposed to count, or do we know their fates? And if their cameos don't count, how many cameos are really canon?

Why didn't Dazzler use her powers again Winter Soldier?

Why didn't the other zombies know that Spider-Man wasn't a zombie? Can they really tell who's infected and who isn't?
And more importantly, why didn't Spider-Man kill all of them right then and there? He could had squished Hawkeye's head and webbed up the others, none of them would had been strong enough to break his webbing. He could of then squished the rest of their heads while they were immobile.

How come everyone became zombies so freak'n quickly? Were every single hero and villain in the world just hanging out in New York when Sentry showed up? And everyone seemed to become zombies simultaneously... did Sentry bite all the Avengers, then just start looking for people in costumes and nibbled on them?

And one last question that no one is able to answer, not even the writers apparently... what happened to Sentry?? In every Marvel Zombies story, he just disappears!

Last edited:

When Ash and Dazzler get up to Dr. Strange's, he'll probably be up there eating Wong... but hopefully not. Hopefully he's up there trying to figure out how to solve the zombie problem... but he's probably eating Wong.

Now here's a problem I noticed... Dr. Strange, Dazzler, and Kingpin all made cameos as zombies in the other Zombies books. Kingpin couldn't have become a zombie because he died before he was infected. So now what about Dr. Strange and Dazzler? Are the cameos not supposed to count, or do we know their fates? And if their cameos don't count, how many cameos are really canon?

Well, there was apparently a Vision zombie, so I think it's safe to assume that the cameos aren't all that serious.

Because her powers rely on absorbing sound. And they're lame.

Why didn't the other zombies know that Spider-Man wasn't a zombie? Can they really tell who's infected and who isn't?
And more importantly, why didn't Spider-Man kill all of them right then and there? He could had squished Hawkeye's head and webbed up the others, none of them would had been strong enough to break his webbing. He could of then squished the rest of their heads while they were immobile.

Spider-Man can't take the Avengers. Period. Iron Man would've just repulsor rayed his head off. Actually, I don't remember if Iron Man was in that scene, but Cap was (well, that's Colonel in this dimension) and he could definitely take Spider-Man.

How come everyone became zombies so freak'n quickly? Were every single hero and villain in the world just hanging out in New York when Sentry showed up? And everyone seemed to become zombies simultaneously... did Sentry bite all the Avengers, then just start looking for people in costumes and nibbled on them?

And one last question that no one is able to answer, not even the writers apparently... what happened to Sentry?? In every Marvel Zombies story, he just disappears!

Yeah... I got nothing. Uh... look! Zombie Howard the Duck!

Well maybe its a virus like in RE wich wouldexplain the re-animated Fisk

Spider-Man can't take the Avengers. Period. Iron Man would've just repulsor rayed his head off. Actually, I don't remember if Iron Man was in that scene, but Cap was (well, that's Colonel in this dimension) and he could definitely take Spider-Man.

Of the five there (Black Widow, Colonel America, Hawkeye, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel), Ms. Marvel's the strongest, but can't break Spider-Man's webbing. If Spider-Man webbed them all up, they would had been helpless.
Spider-Man got the drop on them when he grabbed Hawkeye, he could had just webbed them all up... and then squished all their heads, with possibly the exception for Ms. Marvel. 4-5 less zombies before he became one.

And if Spider-Man doesn't hold back, I don't think Colonel America stands much of a chance. It takes about 1,300 pounds to crack a human skull, and Spider-Man has a punching power of at least 10,000 pounds. Super-Soldier serum or not, Colonel America is still only human.

Last edited:

Of the five there (Black Widow, Colonel America, Hawkeye, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel), Ms. Marvel's the strongest, but can't break Spider-Man's webbing. If Spider-Man webbed them all up, they would had been helpless.
Spider-Man got the drop on them when he grabbed Hawkeye, he could had just webbed them all up... and then squished all their heads, with possibly the exception for Ms. Marvel. 4-5 less zombies before he became one.

And if Spider-Man doesn't hold back, I don't think Colonel America stands much of a chance. It takes about 1,300 pounds to crack a human skull, and Spider-Man has a punching power of at least 10,000 pounds. Super-Soldier serum or not, Colonel America is still only human.

I concede the point, but he didn't do it because in the next scene he was talking about curing them. He thought they could still be changed back.

Oh, right... he did want to cure them. I concede my "kill the zombie ****ers!" point.

Not to mention this is an alternate universe. Things ARE diffrent. The character points seem to hit the same as our MU, but they can change whatever they want.

Marvel Zombies Vs Army of Darkness [SPOILERS]

Anyone reading this? Its pretty entertaining....
#2 had the nice shock ending of Howard the Duck eating Ash's brain....

Re: Marvel Zombies Vs Army of Darkness [SPOILERS]

This is already 10x better than Marvel Zombies was, the writer is doing a great job so far. It's just a shame to me that the writer has to stay in continuity of that crapfest Marvel Zombies mini.

...or does he? We saw zombie-Dazzler and zombie-Dr. Strange cameos in the UFF "Crossover" arc, so do we know their fates or are the cameos canon? We saw Kingpin make a cameo in the Marvel Zombies mini as a zombie, but in #2 of Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness it's shown that he was killed long before he was infected. If they are just non-canon cameos, then how many others are non-canon? Vision? Ghost Rider? Black Bolt? etc.

Here's the preview for Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #3.
http://popcultureshock.com/index.php?p=41484

Last edited:
Re: Marvel Zombies Vs Army of Darkness [SPOILERS]

There's already a thread for this right? Unless some things got deleted with the forum update/change?

I say, KLUNK.

Latest posts

Back