Marvel's Daredevil (Spoilers and Discussion)

That seems to imply that Punisher is going to be a major player this season.

Great casting. He's a rising star with the look and presence. Plus I think he will fit in well with the rest of the cast. Tom Hardy is a great actor, but he would have been a bit distracting and might have overshadowed everyone else since he's a bigger name.

Last edited:
I was just saying it seem like this isn't just going to be a small role, based on the bullet holes in the season 2 logo.

I have a feeling Punisher - Season 1 will be among Netflix's 2017 Marvel series, using Daredevil - Season 2 as a sort of launching pad/backdoor pilot approach (though with a majority of the season). But I definitely think Punisher will play a major role in Season 2.

And with the recent news of Statham passing on Bullseye (after meeting with Marvel), or Marvel passing on Statham after the leak--who can say?--obviously they're casting full force right now for Season 2, and with Bernthal confirmed as Punisher, I'm sure we'll have an actress officially cast as Elektra and an actor cast as Bullseye (it's been heavily implied he shows up in Season 2 from cast and crew members) in the next couple weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised to see production/filming starting by mid or late summer, either.

I think Netflix will likely expand their Marvel offerings from the two shows per year approach this year (Daredevil in April, AKA Jessica Jones likely in October/November), three shows in 2016 (Daredevil - Season 2, Iron Fist, Luke Cage), and possibly as many as four shows by 2017 (Daredevil - Season 3, AKA Jessica Jones - Season 2, The Defenders, The Punisher).

If they maintain a strong critical response (as Daredevil Season 1 got), it'll ensure huge ratings and further growth for the Netflix MCU shows. The strong critical acclaim (resulting in Daredevil being the highest rated show on Netflix, even outpacing the brilliant critical darlings House of Cards and Orange is the New Black) has helped garner a lot of viewers for Daredevil, and the sharp writing and fantastic acting, action, etc ensured people watched all 13 episodes, and will likely come back for Season 2.

If they can focus on hiring the right teams/show supervisors and not over expand beyond their abilities to deliver quality episodes, the next several years are going to be a grand time not only for comic movies, but comic TV shows.

Network stuff like Supergirl on CBS, Gotham on Fox--or the unfortunately canceled Constantine on NBC, or cable channels like CW with Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, iZombie, and now Netflix offering at least a couple new shows per year (just to start)... it's literally going to be difficult to find the time to watch all this stuff.

#firstworldproblems

But in all seriousness, I'm not complaining. I'm loving every bit of it.

I also really appreciate the MCU approach to splitting their properties between films and television. The films focus on the bigger Marvel characters, the A-list characters taking on the big threats. The TV side of the MCU focuses on SHIELD in AoS and Agent Carter, and the street level stuff in the Netflix shows. It's really a brilliant approach.

And now... I can look forward to seeing Bernthal in costume as Frank Castle in the next six months or so. And for once in the MCU, the character look/costume is pretty simple and straightforward. Can't wait to see how they tackle it.

I have a feeling Punisher - Season 1 will be among Netflix's 2017 Marvel series, using Daredevil - Season 2 as a sort of launching pad/backdoor pilot approach (though with a majority of the season). But I definitely think Punisher will play a major role in Season 2. .

Yeah, that seems likely

I think Netflix will likely expand their Marvel offerings from the two shows per year approach this year (Daredevil in April, AKA Jessica Jones likely in October/November), three shows in 2016 (Daredevil - Season 2, Iron Fist, Luke Cage), and possibly as many as four shows by 2017 (Daredevil - Season 3, AKA Jessica Jones - Season 2, The Defenders, The Punisher).

Do you really think Jessica Jones will get a season 2 in 2017? I mean, it might. But a heroes for hire show starring Luke Cage, iron Fist, and Jessica Jones (and maybe a few others) seems more likely to me. Especially if they want to continue expanding and introducing more characters, combining three of the series into one and then adding new ones seems like the best way to do it. Especially because...

If they can focus on hiring the right teams/show supervisors and not over expand beyond their abilities to deliver quality episodes, the next several years are going to be a grand time not only for comic movies, but comic TV shows.

I wouldn't want the quality to drop because of quantity. But who knows, maybe Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones will all get second seasons.

I also really appreciate the MCU approach to splitting their properties between films and television. The films focus on the bigger Marvel characters, the A-list characters taking on the big threats. The TV side of the MCU focuses on SHIELD in AoS and Agent Carter, and the street level stuff in the Netflix shows. It's really a brilliant approach.

Yeah, I love it too. And it's really smart that people can like the Netflix shows without caring about the MCU movies. I know a lot of people who don't care about/haven't seen the Avengers franchize movies but loved DD.

And now... I can look forward to seeing Bernthal in costume as Frank Castle in the next six months or so. And for once in the MCU, the character look/costume is pretty simple and straightforward. Can't wait to see how they tackle it.

I hope it's just him in a skull t-shirt and black pants. They don't need to think about it that much.

Yeah, that seems likely

Do you really think Jessica Jones will get a season 2 in 2017? I mean, it might. But a heroes for hire show starring Luke Cage, iron Fist, and Jessica Jones (and maybe a few others) seems more likely to me. Especially if they want to continue expanding and introducing more characters, combining three of the series into one and then adding new ones seems like the best way to do it. Especially because...

It depends. I was one of the first to suggest they just combine those three shows into a single Heroes for Hire show, and they very well may.

It can go either way and really depends on the critical and fan reaction to AKA JJ's first season.

If the reaction is mainly positive, I can see the execs deciding not to mess with something that works and keeping Jessica in her own show and crossing over with the other shows and co-starring in Defenders.

If the response is lackluster I can definitely see them retooling it and going the Heroes for Hire route.

I wouldn't want the quality to drop because of quantity. But who knows, maybe Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones will all get second seasons.

Again, it all depends on how well those first seasons are received. If they all suck, I doubt we'll see more. If they're good, we most definitely will, and that lessens the chance of them changing the formula. We'll see.

Yeah, I love it too. And it's really smart that people can like the Netflix shows without caring about the MCU movies. I know a lot of people who don't care about/haven't seen the Avengers franchize movies but loved DD.

I hope it's just him in a skull t-shirt and black pants. They don't need to think about it that much.

But even that has a variety of possibilities, if you really think about it.

Last edited:

Cool. I thought so based on the logo with the bullet holes.

I wonder what kind of arc that's going to take, and what does that do about the rumours of Bullseye and Elektra? Will they eventually have to team up to take on Bullseye, the "real" villain?

I wonder if we're just going to get one episode of Elektra and a little bit more Stick and the Chaste. Building that story up for a while seems like a good plan (although it's a bit frustrating because I want it now!)

I'm behind - still have 1 more episode to go.

And I can NOT believe they killed off Ben. What a huge bummer.

I'm behind - still have 1 more episode to go.

And I can NOT believe they killed off Ben. What a huge bummer.

Do you like it more than you originally did?

I was so completely shocked when Ben died. It makes sense from a story-telling angle, but it was still flooring. And honestly, it's good to see a male supporting character die in DD rather than it be his girlfriend every time.

In my rewatching I realized they telegraphed Ben's death so hard, but it didn't occur to me that it would have happened to the time around because he's so important to the mythos. I guess
Karen
is taking that spot
until she dies

Last edited:

I was so completely shocked when Ben died. It makes sense from a story-telling angle, but it was still flooring. And honestly, it's good to see a male supporting character die in DD rather than it be his girlfriend every time.

I was shocked too. I thought since Ben was feeling betrayed by the Bulletin. He'd quit and go work for the Bugle. And then pop up in the new Spider-Man movies. You know, to tie this Daredevil series into more of the cinematic universe.

Yes. It was really only the first episode that I didn't care for. I don't like Foggy; he's waaaay overdoing it.

We finished it last night and it was really great. It makes me very excited for the other upcoming Netflix shows.

I didn't hate that they killed Ben, but I didn't really feel like it made sense from a story-telling angle. I mean, it didn't NOT make sense, but I don't feel like it was necessary. It was way too strong of a character to kill off like that. I didn't feel like his death changed something that fundamentally needed to be changed.

But I am coming from this looking at the role he plays in the comics (or at least did).

Matt & Foggy Hit The Street In First "Daredevil" Season 2 Set Pics

static1-squarespace-1-b7c3b.jpg

static1-squarespace-209cc.jpg

Charlie Cox did say in the second half of 2015, which we've begun since we're in July. :p

I believe this was around the same time they began filming last year, no?

Latest posts

Back