McFarlane & Kirkman!

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
They really are working on something after all.

From Lying in the Gutters:

KIRKMANIA

"I understand a Todd McFarlane/Robert Kirkman project will be announced at the Todd McFarlane panel at SDCC."

:shock: Now this should be good. Todd McFarlane is pretty damn cool not read one of his comics for a little while so I'm curious

McFarlane is a bane on the comic industry.

I won't be picking this up, no matter how good it is or isn't. Im not giving McFarlane money while he's hording Miracleman rights.

I won't be picking this up, no matter how good it is or isn't. Im not giving McFarlane money while he's hording Miracleman rights.

Agreed.

Agreed.

It's not even really hording...by all accounts, the rights aren't even his. I don't know what Neil Gaiman is doing; why he hasn't pursued this further.

Agreed.

It's not even really hording...by all accounts, the rights aren't even his. I don't know what Neil Gaiman is doing; why he hasn't pursued this further.

Well, he is, but MacFarlane keeps countersueing, and keeping it in court.

I love how Ice split up each item from Lying in the Gutters into its own thread.

HE does that

It makes him feel better

Wow people on here hate McFarlane? It's cool like , each to their own I just didn't think they would be.

Yes you do .... for some reason.

But the guy gave us Spawn , that's something right?

And when was Spawn cool?

During the massive decline in comics quality while spectators got every "rare" comic they could grab thinking they were mere steps away from becoming millionaires....during that piss-warm cartoon on HBO?

Or was it when that terrible movie was made?

I'm pretty sure Spawn was never good (I'm willing to make an exception for when Alan Moore wrote him).

The only decent thing to come out of McFarlane were hyper-realistic action figures. That's it.

Spawn isn't cool. Spawn looks cool, but that's it.

90's = "cool-looking" is more important than good stories and good comics.

McFarlane embodies EVERYTHING wrong with 90s comic book industry.

The only decent thing to come out of McFarlane were hyper-realistic action figures. That's it.

Spawn isn't cool. Spawn looks cool, but that's it.

90's = "cool-looking" is more important than good stories and good comics.

This post epitomizes the word "Truth".

I'm assuming McFarlane was the driving force behind the creator deflection to Image when I say this, but not only does he embody everything wrong with the 90s comic industry, he is the CAUSE of the 90s industry implosion and collapse.

Spawn was a decent comic for the first 15 or so issues though.

Except those are little statues, not toys atall. They angers me.

I'm assuming McFarlane was the driving force behind the creator deflection to Image when I say this, but not only does he embody everything wrong with the 90s comic industry, he is the CAUSE of the 90s industry implosion and collapse.

Spawn was a decent comic for the first 15 or so issues though.

I keep looking at the Spawn Hardcover V1 and wonder "should I try this? I mean its Spawn... but it might not be bad." And I hear great things about Davin Hine's current run, but then he did a full on reboot that kept the numbering.

I keep looking at the Spawn Hardcover V1 and wonder "should I try this? I mean its Spawn... but it might not be bad." And I hear great things about Davin Hine's current run, but then he did a full on reboot that kept the numbering.

I haven't seen a hardcover, although I am picking up all of the big collections. There are 3 out, and I think #4 is out soon. Like i said, it's not horrible, and the first few issues were pretty good.

Latest posts

Back