Avengers Meet the New Avengers. One member at a time.

There are a couple reasons why Ronin is either Captain America or Hawkeye...

1.) Hawkeye - a character going by Hawkeye exists in the Young Avengers title now, correct? There couldn't be TWO Hawkeyes, could there? If there's an available costume and alias, why doesn't Clint Barton just take it up? The Echo-Ronin never used a bow, why could Barton-Ronin? It would definitely be justifiable. I don't think I would mind this, either.

2.) Captain America - Bendis revealed that the new Ronin would wear the costume reflecting his emotions, or how he felt about Civil War... Captain America losing faith in his country and becoming sort of a vigilante would certainly give enough reason for him to take up the Ronin mantle. This makes the most sense to me and, as long as he carries around his signature shield, battered by bullets and the Civil War, so we can recognize he's still Captain America at heart, I'd be all for it.

But who am I? I don't read 616... I'm just more interested in these titles now than I am with the UU.

There are a couple reasons why Ronin is either Captain America or Hawkeye...

1.) Hawkeye - a character going by Hawkeye exists in the Young Avengers title now, correct? There couldn't be TWO Hawkeyes, could there? If there's an available costume and alias, why doesn't Clint Barton just take it up? The Echo-Ronin never used a bow, why could Barton-Ronin? It would definitely be justifiable. I don't think I would mind this, either.

Well theres been two Green Arrows in the DCU for about 5 years now.

I don't want Cap or Bucky or Hawkeye as Ronin, but I don't have a good suggestion as to who it should be either.

I'm guessing it's either going to be Captain America, Daredevil, Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, or Nick Fury, and I am hoping it's none of them.

Last edited:
...And what would be even better is if there was a new Captain America, too... Forcing Steve Rogers, theoretically as Ronin, to have some bad blood with the new guy, too.

I'm about to drop the UU altogether and come over and read some New Avengers and Mighty Avengers... That's it.

I want Steve Rogers to stay as Captain America.

Meet Member #3. Now he can't complain he was never part of the Avengers. :wink:

Dr. Strange

strange.jpg

Another character not included in the variant covers... Interesting. The team is shaping up to be VERY cool so far.

Everyone saw it coming, but cool. He's all over the place anyway, it completely fits.

Last edited:
I lke Dr Strange on the team. I don't like the fact that Bendis is writing him. Dr. Strange is the one that most got ****ed up with Bendis' dialogues. I have to see the other 5 avengers so I can make my mind about buying this.

Is it just me, or does anyone else see Captain America strapped to a table in the preview page given away with Doctor Strange?

There is still hope for those who don't want Steve Rogers to become Ronin... Hmm...

I bet you anything that Hulk will be in the new team. Kidding but still, it would be cool if NA was the team backing him up in WWH

Latest posts

Back