Michael Turner Art Thread.

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
I'm going to post some of my favorite artwork by my favorite artist Michael Turner.

I'll try to post a couple of new images a day.

Enjoy.

The Dark Knight vs The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.
Batman-Spider-Man.jpg

Vash The Stampede and Wolfwood from Trigun
Trigun01.jpg

Trinity
Trinity03.jpg

The first one is the best.

Only complaint would be Batman's left leg. Look like its crippled or something.

Last edited:
I don't really like any of 'em, but the last one is the best.

thee great one said:
I'm going to post some of my favorite artwork by my favorite artist Michael Turner.

I'll try to post a couple of new images a day.

Enjoy.

O it is sooo on. I love Turner's covers. A couple of my favs...

flash211sx6.jpg

identitycrisis4jl4.jpg

supergirl04cv7.jpg

superman205fs3.jpg

supermansupergirl2yq6.jpg

It was his Supergirl that made me fall in love with his art. That Wonder Woman cover is the first time I was in awe at WW. I have a t-shirt coming with that image.

Some Random G.I.Joe cover

Unknown.jpg

Teen Titans

TeenTitans01.jpg

Grace from Soulfire

Soulfire05.jpg

Last edited:
That Civil War #6 cover is both interesting (really like the brush-strokes in the "sky" in the upper right and the colors are beautiful) and awful (return with me to the 60s! "Oh, Namor, you handsome hunk o'muscles, protect weak lil ol' me, the Invisible Girl, who is actually powerful enough to kick your ***...")

Really dislike his pouty, nymphette-looking girls, but, for the most part, he gets nice movement and action and character in his work - the Flash cover is great and so is the Trigun illustration.

thee great one said:
It was his Supergirl that made me fall in love with his art.

Same here. My first exposure to his work was the Supergirl covers he did for Superman/Batman. After that I was hooked.

Does anyone know whether or not he does his own comics or does he just do covers?

He did an arc in Superman/Batman... and he does stuff for Aspen Comics. And I'm pretty sure he wrote/drew Superman: Godfall...

Victor Von Doom said:
Same here. My first exposure to his work was the Supergirl covers he did for Superman/Batman. After that I was hooked.

Does anyone know whether or not he does his own comics or does he just do covers?

He did the first series of Fathom for Image. That he helped create and write. Then he moved it to his own label Aspen.

Where he helps with the plot of volume 2 and did some covers.

Then with Loeb he created Soulfire. Which he draws all of. It's very cool. Sci-fi and fantasy combined.

Then there are Aspen specials and stuff he drew.

And he suppose to be working on Eko with Geoff Johns.

Victor Von Doom said:
Roger that. Looks like I got a new comic I need to look for. :rockon:

There is a hardcover collecting issues 0-5.

And 6 and 7 I think are out. It's going to issue 12 or something and it will end volume 1 and be collected.

Storm
Storm01-1.jpg

Soulfire & Fathom
Soulfire07.jpg
Fathom07.jpg

Flash & Zoom
Flash03.jpg

Last edited:
I really don't like Turner's art. His characters all look like GQ superheroes.

And in Wizard he said he didn't know Spider-Man's origin until he saw the movie. How can you work in mainstream superhero comics and not know Spider-Man origin?

moonmaster said:
And in Wizard he said he didn't know Spider-Man's origin until he saw the movie. How can you work in mainstream superhero comics and not know Spider-Man origin?
:shock:

He needs like every fan who knows Spidey's origin to slap him in the face.

Ice said:
:shock:

He needs like every fan who knows Spidey's origin to slap him in the face.
I know! It's ridiculous.

I got my shirt with that Wonder Woman cover in it yesterday. Hells yeah.

Grace
Soulfire04.jpg

Starfire
Starfire01.jpg

And a brand new cover for JLA...

Red Tornados
RedTornado01.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back