Millar to do 4 3-issue arcs on Ultimate Fantastic Four: Namor, Alicia Masters, more

E

Excelsior Club
Mark Millar stopped by the Brian Bendis message board and had this to say in a discussion thread about his return to Ultimate Fantastic Four:

"...anyone who doesn't think I'm excited is on crack. I was really into the Thor thing-- so much so that I phoned JQ from the bath to ask to do it once I heard that little basic idea-- but I'm MUCH more into FF than Thor. I've read Thor, but I read the first 100 issues of FF and know the material much, much better. I don't like pulling out of assignments I've agreed upon, but the carrot was so tasty that I made the jump. I have no contractual agreement to fulfil with Marvel. I'm up in August, but Ultimates 2, Wolvie and Spidey have already covered the work I had to do. I'm doing UFF because I'm into it. I NEVER do anything-- even ****e stuff-- for the paycheck. Who else would turn down Uncanny X-Men for Trouble? I'm an idiot who follows his heart!

"PS UFF will be great. All three-parters. Crossover will be the most talked about Ultimate story since the line began. You'll understand why soon. The next one is Ultimate Namor and the undersea pyramids of Atlantis, Alicia Masters, Word War 2 and more madness than you can shake a stick at. I never come back to a series, but my involvement in UFF was so minimal and so different from this that it all feels like the first time. I'm writing their dialogue for the first time too so it feels very new and fresh to me...I'm doing a big 12 issue run...All three parters. All cool."

The thread can be read at http://www.imagecomics.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=82098 . Millar chimes in toward the bottom of page 2.

Hrmmm... How much of an impact could a 3 issue storyline have? Crossover must drop the standard decompression of the Ultimate line and get gritty fast.

Otherwise, cool. Hopefuly Ultimate Namor and Atlantis will be more than just a city of people living underwater. Something sneakier.

Baxter said:
Hrmmm... How much of an impact could a 3 issue storyline have? Crossover must drop the standard decompression of the Ultimate line and get gritty fast.

Ultimates 2 is basically a 12 issue story, broken down into 2 6 issue parts, which are further broken down into smaller parts. This could follow the same format.

Hell yeah! Ultimate Namor! Woooo! So exicted, I just can't wait to read his stuff. Millar is 'AWESOME'. :D

And Alicia Masters?! We may soon have Puppet Master coming about... :wink:

XTFLyons said:
This is all very cool... but does he mean world war 2 with the UFF... I don't understand that...

Time travel?

I hope Marvel has someone to take over UFF once Millar does his 12-issue run. 'Cause they'll be back at square one. Maybe Bendis will take a crack at it solo...

Let's see, Millar will only be on from issue #19 - #30.

Last edited:
Damn this means I have to get the Ult FF trades now...
I hope Ultimate Namor is like an Abe Sapien type being...

Monkey? He was the amphibian like creature. Log onto MSN.

Who is Alicia Masters? Besides that, I can't wait for the first issue from Millar! This is sure to help vault the title back into the top 5!

Alicia Master is the blind girlfriend of The Thing.

DUDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ULTIMATE NAMOR!!! Cant wait to read this issue. Its gonna be great.

Namor is the prince...well now King of Atlantis- in Marvel. He's very old, since he was in WWII. He fought along side with the android Human Torch and Cap in the Invaders. No monkey or anything.

Alicia Masters doesn't have to do anything with WWII. She is the step-daughter of the villain, Puppet Masters. And yes. she is blind.

icemastertron said:
Namor is the prince...well now King of Atlantis- in Marvel. He's very old, since he was in WWII. He fought along side with the android Human Torch and Cap in the Invaders. No monkey or anything.

Alicia Masters doesn't have to do anything with WWII. She is the step-daughter of the villain, Puppet Masters. And yes. she is blind.

Maybe she has a relative that was in WWII or something like that. Who knows?

If she's the step-daughter to the Puppet Master, I doubt she'll have any ties to him in UFF. That doesn't necissarilly mean we won't see him...

before they introduce Alicia Masters I think they should delve deeper into Ben Grimm's depression of what he's become... right now even though I love the relationships in UFF it seems like he's just having the time of his life with Johnny Storm

Latest posts

Back