Millar to do 4 3-issue arcs on Ultimate Fantastic Four: Namor, Alicia Masters, more

or maybe he's part of a real country who was working on a super soldiers that could be based primarily in water... He doesn't have to be from atlantis or atlantis doesn't even have to exist... though i'd prefer that he was and it did... but it's just a thought

Humans are polluting the sea and Atlantis's inhabitants are dying. Namor, the greatest warrior of Atlantis comes to the surface world to fight them. He steals Sue, and says that if the pollution is not stopped he shall keep Sue for himself and take over the surface world... It's up to the FF to stop him...

I'd only want it if Millar wrote it...

ProjectX2 said:
Humans are polluting the sea and Atlantis's inhabitants are dying. Namor, the greatest warrior of Atlantis comes to the surface world to fight them. He steals Sue, and says that if the pollution is not stopped he shall keep Sue for himself and take over the surface world... It's up to the FF to stop him...

I like it but except the whole he'll only keep sue if the pollution isn't stopped... it seems trivial to steal one man's girlfriend as a threat to humanity.... i think it'd be clever if sue were underwater for one reason or another and he mistook her for a sea goddess or something and lusts after her...

ProjectX2 said:
I'd only want it if Millar wrote it...

Millar is the only one who could pull that off.

Isn't that basically what happened in FF way back when?

TheManWithoutFear said:
ah I wouldn't know really??? :oops:

Who said I was talking to you? :twisted:

I wouldn't have known things like that if I hadn't read The ESSENTIAL FANTASTIC FOUR!

before they introduce Alicia Masters I think they should delve deeper into Ben Grimm's depression of what he's become... right now even though I love the relationships in UFF it seems like he's just having the time of his life with Johnny Storm

That's what really bugged me at first. "Where is the anger?"
And then I realized Ultimate Ben just isn't angry. He's not dark and brooding and ... angry. He's just a cool guy, who part hopes everything will come to a good end.

As for puppet master:
du you guys realize, that Alice masters is far more central to the ff than her father. She's THE girl in the life of one of the main characters, the puppet master is just another pretty boring super villain.
Don't forget, Millar is the guy who doen't like writing about super villains, whe finds them mostly boring and who has managed a full year of ultimates without a single classic villain so far. So, my bet is on Alica without her dad, the super villains.

Ricky

Ricky said:
That's what really bugged me at first. "Where is the anger?"
And then I realized Ultimate Ben just isn't angry. He's not dark and brooding and ... angry. He's just a cool guy, who part hopes everything will come to a good end.

As for puppet master:
du you guys realize, that Alice masters is far more central to the ff than her father. She's THE girl in the life of one of the main characters, the puppet master is just another pretty boring super villain.
Don't forget, Millar is the guy who doen't like writing about super villains, whe finds them mostly boring and who has managed a full year of ultimates without a single classic villain so far. So, my bet is on Alica without her dad, the super villains.

Ricky

good thoughts Rick...

so you don't think Ultimate Grimm is going to be depressed at all?? I kinda would like to see him being down on himself... it's so much more realistic I'm sure a lot of us can relate to what it's like when you're not the best looking guy in the world {insert all of your wiseass "speak for yourself comments here} and then when you find someone special that changes pretty much everything around... I want to see that

OK, I wanted to post this here, since this is the right place for it.

I don't think Millar is doing 4 3-issue arcs anymore. According to what was said in the article in March 2005's issue (#161, page 68), there will be 2 6-issue arcs.

What exactly was said in the article was:

"The duo will forsake their previously-announced relaunch of Thor to take over reigns of Ultimate Fantastic Four, starting with May's issue #19, kicking off the first of two six-issue arcs, in a year-long run."

I *think* (but am not sure) he said somewhere that the arcs would be similar to how he's doing Ultimates 2 - arcs made up of smaller arcs. The first 2 3-issue arcs make up the first arc, and the second 3-issue arcs make up the second arc).

TheManWithoutFear said:
agreeing with Ice... does anyone else have any thoughts to my previous post on Grimm not being depressed enough...

No matter what, i think Grimm is going to be depressed enough...maybe the writers wont show it....(who reads comics to read about depressed people?) comics are an escape from reality.....Grimms fate is kinda like having herpes all over your body...you just cant get over that.

Latest posts

Back