Miracleman (Marvel)

Iiiiiinteresting. Thanks. I got the Book 2 hardcover the other day - I actually have both books released so far and the variants for both. I have probably about 70% of all of the variant issues released so far.

I bought the Vol. 1 Hardcover, but waiting to see if they do TPBs at a noticeably cheaper price: if not I'll stick with the overpriced HCs.

Re: Marvel to Publish Miracleman!

I bought the Vol. 1 Hardcover, but waiting to see if they do TPBs at a noticeably cheaper price: if not I'll stick with the overpriced HCs.

It doesn't look like it. They would have made a TPB of Vol. 1 by the time Vol. 2 came out in hardcover and they didn't.

Supports the idea that they spent a LOT of money on this and are having trouble getting a return on investment.

So the Annual comes out next week. Finally, after hearing about Morrison's MM tale for years I finally get to read it. I could care less about the flashback tale.

It looks so damn good though! Plus those old Anglo stories were the best. How can you not be excited?

They are completely unreadable.

WHAT!!? Those are classic! I like those more than Alan Moore's stuff. It's not as compelling since it's just a classic good guy/bad guy stuff, but I've been really enjoying them.

WHAT!!? Those are classic! I like those more than Alan Moore's stuff. It's not as compelling since it's just a classic good guy/bad guy stuff, but I've been really enjoying them.

If you like them, more power to you. Even by 50s comic standards they are awful. I bought a few of the hardcovers only for completion's sake; I tried reading them and just can't.

I can't even fathom the idea of liking the Marvelman stuff more than Alan Moore's version. I just can't even process that concept.

If you like them, more power to you. Even by 50s comic standards they are awful. I bought a few of the hardcovers only for completion's sake; I tried reading them and just can't.

I can't even fathom the idea of liking the Marvelman stuff more than Alan Moore's version. I just can't even process that concept.

Moore's stuff is better, I just enjoy Anglo's more. Moore's is a depressing epic and, while that is something I like, Anglo's stuff is just fun. I really want to read Gaiman's take though.

Moore's stuff is better, I just enjoy Anglo's more. Moore's is a depressing epic and, while that is something I like, Anglo's stuff is just fun. I really want to read Gaiman's take though.

I've never read any Miracleman, but I totally get the idea of recognizing that one thing is better in quality, but enjoying the other one more. Especially when it comes to Moore's writing. His stuff is always incredible, but it weighs on me when I read it.

I felt the same way about The Dark Knight. The summer TDK came out, Iron Man came out too. I remember thinking that TDK was a much better film, but I enjoyed Iron Man way more.

Is the next issue going to make me change my mind because I really want Jeph Loeb's take on Miracleman. I'm REALLY excited for Gaiman's. I just finally read 1602 and Eternals and they were both incredible (Sandman is next but I'm waiting for the current series to end first).

Is the next issue going to make me change my mind

Which issue? #15 just came out today. Did you read it?

If you did and are hoping to have your mind changed I don't know what to tell you. Jeeps Loeb is a terrible writer, ESPECIALLY compared to the last arc of Miracleman. I honestly can't wrap my head around the idea of not liking this and instead wanting Jeph Loeb.

Which issue? #15 just came out today. Did you read it?

If you did and are hoping to have your mind changed I don't know what to tell you. Jeeps Loeb is a terrible writer, ESPECIALLY compared to the last arc of Miracleman. I honestly can't wrap my head around the idea of not liking this and instead wanting Jeph Loeb.

What? I love this series. It's great. Especially the last issue. In fact, I like it so much I want more and more writers on it so it can keep going.

What? I love this series. It's great. Especially the last issue. In fact, I like it so much I want more and more writers on it so it can keep going.

We've had this discussion. It's always been intended as a finite story with a beginning, a middle, and an end. It's not meant to be Batman or Spider-Man that keeps going forever.

However, Marvel are obviously going to release various spin offs (as the Annual showed), and I wouldn't be surprised to see them do a prequel or sequel series once Gaiman's run ends.

But Jeph Loeb isn't suited for this book. Essentially the book has had two writers who have and continue to be regarded as the most talented writers in the field of comics: Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman.

Loeb doesn't really do the tone this book requires (at least in his work that I've read). Loeb doesn't really possess the ability to create the complex characterization, the combination of horror and wonder that Moore and Gaiman imbued the book with in their own ways, etc.

And we really don't need a Miracleman robot impostor and a sex tape in the book. No thank you. ;)

Loeb doesn't really do the tone this book requires (at least in his work that I've read). Loeb doesn't really possess the ability to create the complex characterization, the combination of horror and wonder that Moore and Gaiman imbued the book with in their own ways, etc.

And we really don't need a Miracleman robot impostor and a sex tape in the book. No thank you. ;)

Nothing says complex characterization, horror and wonder more than a robot impostor and a sex tape. :lol:

I've come to the conclusion that EVERY character in Ultimates 3 was a robot impostor as a way of explaining their completely different attitudes and characterizations in that series.

Or it was all an LSD-induced trip that Thor was on. Either or.

Maybe Ultimates 3 is a LSD-induced trip that robot imposter miracle man was on! Maybe Ultimates 3 IS Loeb's take on Miracle Man.:shock:

Maybe Ultimates 3 is a LSD-induced trip that robot imposter miracle man was on! Maybe Ultimates 3 IS Loeb's take on Miracle Man.:shock:

I took some LSD and tried to read it. It was still horrible, but everyone had Salvador Dali-inspired mustaches.

Salvador-Dali.jpg

It admittedly looked really cool on Venom-bot and Hawkeye (whose insanely long upward-pointing mustache tendrils were somehow on the outside of his mask, a sort of upper-lip hair version of mask squinting--something I'm sure E would be totally onboard for), and strangely Tony Stark was the only one without a mustache. And then my wall clock started to melt and ruined the carpet.

Last edited:

I read The Ultimates 3 and it made me want to read more comics. *shrugs*

Latest posts

Back