Miracleman (Marvel)

Re: Marvel to Publish Marvelman!

Weird. Seems like a bit of a dumb move unless they're trying to help out the brick and mortar stores.

And 64 pages? Is it all extra material (art, etc) or are they reprinting like the first 3 issues in one?

I don't think that they're trying to help brick and mortar stores at all, I think that they expect the number of people to double dip on this series too be higher than normal and would rather have sales on the digital copies instead of redemptions.

I'd ask someone from Marvel just incase. Diamond is a terrible company.

Terrible as in they give bad information?

Weird. Seems like a bit of a dumb move unless they're trying to help out the brick and mortar stores.

And 64 pages? Is it all extra material (art, etc) or are they reprinting like the first 3 issues in one?

It's a reprint of just #1 but also includes the Marvelman Primer from a couple years ago and some unidentified Warrior stuff.

I don't think that they're trying to help brick and mortar stores at all, I think that they expect the number of people to double dip on this series too be higher than normal and would rather have sales on the digital copies instead of redemptions.

Possibly, but there are other books that they could/would have done this on (Superior Spider-Man). Most premium type books have a digital code attached.

Is Angela going to be in this?

I hear she's the breakout character of 2013.

Yeah, that's what I figured. The first issue will be reprinted in Jan, 2014, and there were 24 original issues. So around Jan, 2016 they should've reprinted all 24 original issues and that'll allow for #25 - 34 to roll out over the next year. This allows Buckigham a good 6 months to a year lead time on the art since Fables will finish in early/mid 2015.

I'm hoping at some point that they also reprint the Apocrypha mini, the MM 3D one shot, and the never before reprinted story from Warrior #4 Summer Special. Because I'm a completist.

Would be nice to see more reprints of the old Mick Anglo original stories, too. Not that they're any good, but again, I'm a completist.

No, he didn't really. Few people have a gift for saying so little with so many words as Joe Quesada.

2016 is going to seem like a life time away.

That said, it's a pretty good compromise to fill that time with monthly doses of the classic run in recolored pages. Should be beautiful once we get to Totleben's art in a year and a half or so. Can't wait to see that.

Art via Bleeding Cool:

It looks basically exactly like I was expecting, which is fine. But at this point they could have Jeph Loeb puke on every page and I'd still be excited for it.

February:
MIRACLEMAN #3
THE ORIGINAL WRITER (W) • GARRY LEACH & ALAN DAVIS (A)
COVER BY ALAN DAVIS
VARIANT COVER BY PAOLO RIVERA
VARIANT COVER BY MIKE DEODATO
VARIANT COVER BY JG JONES
• Face-to-face with a shocking enemy — can Miracleman survive, or will London burn?
• A mysterious man with a sapphire grin stalks Michael Moran. Meet the sinister Mr. Cream. Try not to scream.
• A glimpse into the future introduced the Warpsmiths. Now, see these strange warriors battle on their world in "Cold War, Cold Warrior."
• Including the Miracleman stories from WARRIOR #6-8 and the Warpsmith stories from WARRIOR #9-10, plus bonus content.
48 PGS./PARENTAL ADVISORY...$4.99

March:
MIRACLEMAN #4
THE ORIGINAL WRITER (W) • GARRY LEACH & ALAN DAVIS (A)
COVER BY ALAN DAVIS
VARIANT COVER BY BRYAN HITCH
VARIANT COVER BY John Tyler Christopher
VARIANT COVER BY GERALD PAREL
• Origins and revelations bring the first chapter in the MIRACLEMAN saga to its shocking conclusion!
• An unexpected ally leads Miracleman to Project Zarathustra, the site of the secret British operation that gave birth to the Miracleman Family.
• After last issue's battle, the Warpsmiths regroup to mourn their dead in "Ghostdance."
• Including material originally presented in WARRIOR #9-11 and A1 #1, plus bonus material.
48 PGS./Parental AdvisorySLC…$4.99

I've asked my LCS to let me know of any variants they get in. It's a relatively small shop so I doubt he'll get many and I'll probably have to hit eBay, but I'll be going after as many as I can find and afford.

Also:

• A glimpse into the future introduced the Warpsmiths. Now, see these strange warriors battle on their world in "Cold War, Cold Warrior."

I wonder if they are publishing "The Yesterday Gambit" from the Warrior Summer Special in issue #1 as one of the extras? That's the only reference I can think of because that was published some time during the first story arc. That would be awesome - it was never published in the US and it features some incredible scene-by scene foreshadowing for #15 which didn't come out until YEARS later.

February: MIRACLEMAN #3 THE ORIGINAL WRITER (W) • GARRY LEACH & ALAN DAVIS (A) COVER BY ALAN DAVIS VARIANT COVER BY PAOLO RIVERA VARIANT COVER BY MIKE DEODATO VARIANT COVER BY JG JONES • Face-to-face with a shocking enemy — can Miracleman survive, or will London burn? • A mysterious man with a sapphire grin stalks Michael Moran. Meet the sinister Mr. Cream. Try not to scream. • A glimpse into the future introduced the Warpsmiths. Now, see these strange warriors battle on their world in "Cold War, Cold Warrior." • Including the Miracleman stories from WARRIOR #6-8 and the Warpsmith stories from WARRIOR #9-10, plus bonus content. 48 PGS./PARENTAL ADVISORY...$4.99 March: MIRACLEMAN #4 THE ORIGINAL WRITER (W) • GARRY LEACH & ALAN DAVIS (A) COVER BY ALAN DAVIS VARIANT COVER BY BRYAN HITCH VARIANT COVER BY John Tyler Christopher VARIANT COVER BY GERALD PAREL • Origins and revelations bring the first chapter in the MIRACLEMAN saga to its shocking conclusion! • An unexpected ally leads Miracleman to Project Zarathustra, the site of the secret British operation that gave birth to the Miracleman Family. • After last issue’s battle, the Warpsmiths regroup to mourn their dead in “Ghostdance.” • Including material originally presented in WARRIOR #9-11 and A1 #1, plus bonus material. 48 PGS./Parental AdvisorySLC…$4.99 I've asked my LCS to let me know of any variants they get in. It's a relatively small shop so I doubt he'll get many and I'll probably have to hit eBay, but I'll be going after as many as I can find and afford. Also: I wonder if they are publishing "The Yesterday Gambit" from the Warrior Summer Special in issue #1 as one of the extras? That's the only reference I can think of because that was published some time during the first story arc. That would be awesome - it was never published in the US and it features some incredible scene-by scene foreshadowing for #15 which didn't come out until YEARS later.

Nice, so it looks like they are publishing the bonus/spin-off material. My completist heart is content.

As for "The Yesterday Gambit", after seeing this other stuff published I'd think so. They'll probably collect it in the reprint issue #5 or #6, since one of those will collect #15. Interesting that they're reprinting the stuff from A1. Very happy with that.

They'll probably collect it in the reprint issue #5 or #6, since one of those will collect #15.

I'm pretty sure they are reprinting the Eclipse run issue-by-issue. #15 will be the original #15.

I'm pretty sure they are reprinting the Eclipse run issue-by-issue. #15 will be the original #15.

Ah that would make sense since those were full length issues, whereas the Warrior stuff was only 8-12 pages if I recall correctly.

Either way, I'd presume that means we'll see the "Yesterday Gambit" story will be reprinted around #14 or #15.

Ah that would make sense since those were full length issues, whereas the Warrior stuff was only 8-12 pages if I recall correctly.

Either way, I'd presume that means we'll see the "Yesterday Gambit" story will be reprinted around #14 or #15.

It was but for the Eclipse issues they collected several Warrior issues worth of material. The Eclipse #1 had the reprinted material from the first 3 (I think) Warrior issues.

The Yesterday Gambit was unique because it told a story happening in the future, and was published - I believe - right after the 3rd Warrior issue. When you read (Eclipse) #15 you can see the exact panels where The Yesterday Gambit fits in.

I would prefer if they kept it that way, because it makes a pretty awesome foreshadowing for #15. I would like to see it published as bonus material in the new #1. If they wait until #15 I think it takes away from the special-ness of that story.

It was but for the Eclipse issues they collected several Warrior issues worth of material. The Eclipse #1 had the reprinted material from the first 3 (I think) Warrior issues.

Yup.

The Yesterday Gambit was unique because it told a story happening in the future, and was published - I believe - right after the 3rd Warrior issue. When you read (Eclipse) #15 you can see the exact panels where The Yesterday Gambit fits in.

Yeah, if I recall it was originally published in the Warrior Summer Special (Warrior #4), so Moore obviously had the arc of his Miracleman run pretty well plotted out ahead of time.

I would prefer if they kept it that way, because it makes a pretty awesome foreshadowing for #15. I would like to see it published as bonus material in the new #1. If they wait until #15 I think it takes away from the special-ness of that story.

I disagree. Reprinting it around the issue its foreshadowing doesn't take away any sense of that foreshadowing, as it doesn't change the established history of when it was originally published and in what order. I think it'd be cool if they featured an info/background page which lays out when it was originally printed and how far ahead of Eclipse's #15 it came out. Personally I'd like to see it published as back up material, but around the events of the #15 issue. Just seems like it'd make more sense for those who've never read Miracleman before and aren't as privy to the behind the scenes knowledge as you, I, or Bass are (where's that guy been, anyway?).

I can kind of see maybe putting Yesterday Gambit in #15 where it happens in the story sequentially, but it doesn't match up exactly with the events of #15 and might be confusing.

I can kind of see maybe putting Yesterday Gambit in #15 where it happens in the story sequentially, but it doesn't match up exactly with the events of #15 and might be confusing.

I'd have to read them again, it's been a few years, so I don't remember how it may not fit. And I'm not saying they should insert it within the events of #15, just that it would make a perfect back up story or bonus material for that issue.

Also, we definitely need to change the name of this thread to Marvel to Publish Miracleman, since it's confirmed they're retaining that name.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back