Moon Knight Series Discussion (Spoilers)

Re: MoonKnight Series Discussion (Spoilers)

I'm embarressed. I didn't really understand the last half of the issue.

Um.... what was happening after we saw that guy with the flies by the diner?

And here I thought this would be new-reader-accesible. Stupid Marvel.

Re: MoonKnight Series Discussion (Spoilers)

I thought it was pretty straight-forward second half. I really have been enjoying this series, both writer and artist seem to know what they're doing and surprise the intense violence seeminly has a redeemable purpose *coughpunishercough*. Anyway, I think this has been Finch's best to date and hope he and the writer continue to make Moon Knight's world dirty and heroless.

I'm still a bit confused, which isn't a good thing, as I'm hearing that other new readers are pretty much all-informed and onboard with Issue 3. The previously page didn't really help either, compared to other comic book's previously pages.

2.5/5

OK, so now we know the Johnny Depp look-a-like that can look at you and profile you is Taskmaster.

Charging the pens he used to kill that red-shirt to his expense account was to die for!

And they've killed Frenchie. Not nice.

Anyone who watched BLADE the HORRIBLE TV SHOW debut last week note the Moon Knight comment?

I expect Marc to rip Taskmaster apart and soon.

Issue 3: B+

I actually find this series to be rather boring. I'll read along for the next few issues with Taskmaster....but after that---if it don't pick up...

Is this still the "28 Second Read of the Week"?

I do believe this is his 4th series.

And I relish it. 22 second read if you don't appreciate the art.

Pretty much anything that isn't written by Bendis is a 22 second read if you just hit the text.

Bendis' comics are 0 second reads because I can't be bothered reading them. :)

Comics such as Planetary, Seven Soldiers... I can spend hours on them. The story is so detailed... it captivates my mind for quite a while.

Read #2 and #3.

#2 was still a really fast read. #3 wasn't. I like the art, but the story is just taking forever to move on and I'm loosing interest in this. So now I doubt I will get the TPB for this.

Too bad. #1 showed promise to me.

So far I think #3 was teh best issue, though I'm still looking for the flair the Staples/Cat torture scene in Caught Stealing had. The apperance of THe Taskmaster at the end of the issue made me smile, but if things aren't really roling by the end of issue 4 I might have to tradewait it...

OK, So Johnny Depp look-a-like isn't Taskmaster, it's "The Profile." Taskmaster is as sarcastic and obnoxious as ever.

I loved issue 4. The thing about Moon Knight that has always attracted me to him is his insanity and how it manifests on the page. I belive this is also what keeps some people away from the book, as they can't really understand what is going on. I'm looking forward to one hell of a fight in issue 5.

I'm still a little confused. I THINK i get it, but i'm not sure. That was Bushman pretending to be Khonshu to f with mark's head, right? and then bushman again who is now the taskmaster? or is taskmaster someone entirely else who just happens to also have a skeletal face?

Bushman is dead: plain and simple. His face was torn off. That WAS Khonshu mascarading as Bushman to convince Marc to stop feeling sorry for himself, or at least that's what Marc beleives [Remember we don't even know if Khonshu is real].

Yeah Taskmaster is someone entirelly differant. The writer wanted to go with a skull theme so that's why you see a lot of that imagry.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back