Moon Knight Series Discussion (Spoilers)

ah. i'm a little new to the moon knight mythos. i didn't know Khonshu has never been established as real. so, he's kinda like number 6 on galactica. got it. snarky s.o.b. for a god if he is real.

Originally posted by Dancanread:
ah. i'm a little new to the moon knight mythos. i didn't know Khonshu has never been established as real. so, he's kinda like number 6 on galactica. got it. snarky s.o.b. for a god if he is real.

Here's the thing, some writers have chosen to establish Khonshu and some havn't which makes for one confusing history. I've always preferred the "It's all in his head" approach of Moench.

Ultxon said:
I've always preferred the "It's all in his head" approach of Moench.

yeah,certainly is more interesting that way. especially if we're never sure.

Yeah, Bushman showing up was Marc's brain's way of representing Khonshu.

Something people need to understand with Moon Knight is that he is insane. Houston is doing a great job of writing this series and showing his insanity. You have to think cinematic when reading this new series.

SIDE NOTE: I like how his ultimization is going in Ultimate Spider-Man, esp. the new depth added in Annual #2. I'm looking forward to the "team" that Daredevil wants to build with him.

I just picked up the 2nd premiere HC of this. I really liked the first arc even though it was kind of hard to follow at times.

Anyone else still reading this?

I stopped reading it after the 3rd issue. The plot was moving so sloooooooooooooooooooooooowly. And it was too fast of a read, too. The first issue had promise, but after that, I was like, "Why bother?".

On a related note, I still remember when they showed the cover for I think issue #11 or so (it was the cover with the bloodshot background and a license with Moon Knight's picture) and Houde and I began to laugh because of something I said. Then Joe Q. asked what happened and I told him that I had said, "That's the first cover I've seen that doesn't have Moon Knight in front of that clock."

Of course Tom Brevoort comes with the lame-*** joke, "That's because time is running out for Moon Knight."

I've read each issue, the first 8 issue's were good, the stuff with Sauyan got way too confusing (to much jumping around with no notice and alot of characters look very similar) #13 was just wicked, I mean wow with the Tomm Coker art on top, the new writer has been decent

I love the idea of Moon Knight tricked his way into getting a resignation card.

And Iron Man and everyone are wondering how the **** he got one?

After no exposure to Moon Knight at all (I think I may have glanced at The Bottom HC once), I downloaded and read Swierczynski's Moon Knight Annual and Milligan's Moon Knight: Silent Knight one shot. They were both good reads, especially the latter. I am interested in catching up with the main series. Is it worth reading?

After no exposure to Moon Knight at all (I think I may have glanced at The Bottom HC once), I downloaded and read Swierczynski's Moon Knight Annual and Milligan's Moon Knight: Silent Knight one shot. They were both good reads, especially the latter. I am interested in catching up with the main series. Is it worth reading?

Yes.

I've only read the first 2 trades of Huston's run but really liked it. I'd recommend it.

Definitley, it get's a little muddled in the second arc (7-12), Huston was a big fan of jumping around with no notice whatsoever. Benson's first arc was a bit tame, but still pretty cool. The Death of Marc Spector was awesome.

But pretty much the first 25 issue's are kinda irrelevant now, with Moon Knight moving down to mexico it's like a giant refresh button was pressed. But it's still really cool, plus Jefte Palo (Moon Knight Annual, Aarons Black Panther) has taken over on art duties wich is a total bonus.

Latest posts

Back