Morbius, Blade, & Ultimate vampires

Yup, what I said. I also believe that this will give an oppurtunity for Blade to make a comeback in the 616 universe as well as the Ultimate.

I'd buy it if vampires is a sub-group of mutants. Vampirism's a real disease anyway if I'm not mistaken. And if they go to the supernatural route, that's fine with me, I'm a big believer in paranormal stuff. If we could buy concepts like homo superiors and genetic experimentation for superhumans, why not?

They could also be a recent genetic experiment kinda like DC's Man-Bat or something, but no, don't go to the radioactive bat route, that would suck.

Last edited:
Don't be surprised to see what little we know of Blade and vampires to be disregarded by the time this story comes around, and then for Bendis to say "it all fits! i'll make sure of it!"

Honestly, I'm sure this can work, but I would rather see the Super Special thing ignored and see Morbius as the ONLY vampire. But, then, I can't see how Blade would fit in then? Unless they're created at the same time in the same way and Blade hunts Morbius for...doing something...and...and...nope, can't work anything out.

I don't want to see hundreds of Vampires, though, and if they are mutants then they should be in X-Men. Bendis is the one who always says he's taking Spider-Man back to what he's supposed to be all about - The Friendly Neighbourhood type. None of the crap that was introduced to the comic in 616. Not that Morbius is crap, but is Bendis is going to have him in Ultimate he's gonna have to include him in the "illegal genetic" category. Actually, that would fit rather well.

Okay, quick note first, for all of those from the UK who use this board, remember that Bendis will be at the National Comic Festival in Bristol in May 2005.

Should Vampires be in the Marvel Utimate Universe?

Yes

Every known 616 character should have a crack at being ultimized.

We are basing to many of our pre-conceptions on the 616 universe.

as Bendis et al have shown, the 616 versions and the Ultimate versions can be very, very different.

I PERSONALLY think Morbius and Blade are rather poor characters in the 616 universe and that is the very reason why they should be ultimized.

I would much rather see a crap character ultimized and made good than see a good charater ultimized and made crap.

You could have a completely ridiculous story line, like in 616 Amazing Spider-man where Gwen has done the dirty on Peter and had Norman's kids. For instance, if Nick Fury can be black in the Ultimate Universe, then Morbius could be a woman. In fact morbius could be the name of the vampire entity which takes over a person when they are bitten rather than an actual stand alne character.

A female vampire?

How about Mary Jane?

longshotjimlee said:
Okay, quick note first, for all of those from the UK who use this board, remember that Bendis will be at the National Comic Festival in Bristol in May 2005.

Should Vampires be in the Marvel Utimate Universe?

Yes

Every known 616 character should have a crack at being ultimized.

We are basing to many of our pre-conceptions on the 616 universe.

as Bendis et al have shown, the 616 versions and the Ultimate versions can be very, very different.

I PERSONALLY think Morbius and Blade are rather poor characters in the 616 universe and that is the very reason why they should be ultimized.

I would much rather see a crap character ultimized and made good than see a good charater ultimized and made crap.

You could have a completely ridiculous story line, like in 616 Amazing Spider-man where Gwen has done the dirty on Peter and had Norman's kids. For instance, if Nick Fury can be black in the Ultimate Universe, then Morbius could be a woman. In fact morbius could be the name of the vampire entity which takes over a person when they are bitten rather than an actual stand alne character.

A female vampire?

How about Mary Jane?

Well put. We're looking at the 616 universe as a crutch, here. We can't do that, especially with new stories coming out that don't quite follow the 616 universe.

What? Michelle Morbius? You wouldn't wanna see that?

Actually, I wasn't agreeing with LS completely. I, too, would rather a male Morbius. You can't change a character's gender. Race, sure, Fury's cool black, but I don't want sex changes... It'd be too jarring.

Goodwill said:
What? Michelle Morbius? You wouldn't wanna see that?

Actually, I wasn't agreeing with LS completely. I, too, would rather a male Morbius. You can't change a character's gender. Race, sure, Fury's cool black, but I don't want sex changes... It'd be too jarring.

You obviously haven't read Earth X in a while, (remember Thor?)

How about EXiles or Captain Marvel?

or even Mystique?

I'd love to see female versions of male heroes.

Hold on Goody... have you been leading my thoughts?... are you trying to get me to say that when Beast is brought back he will be a she?

You clever little Goody!!!

Speaking of which, Morbius is showing up in Exiles at the moment. But c'mon GW, the whole point of UU is to change the characters. Its pretty much inevitable that we will get a sex change somewhere and, if its the right character, then it could be a good thing.

Really? I thought the whole point of the Ultimate Universe was for Marvel to get more money from the readers they already abuse by rehashing all 4,700 characters in their back log.

Goodwill said:
I'm cool with having straight-up vampires... If we're having aliens, Atlanteans,and mutants, why not vampires?

heh. That's the same logic Marvel has been using in the 616 universe for almost 40 years.

"Why not bring back Jean Grey again? If they've been to the future, Hell, Asgard, the Shi'ar Empire, the Mojoverse, the DC Universe, and if we could get away with Maggot, Strong Guy, Artie and Leech, and the X-Babies, why not bring Jean Grey back from the dead?"

I do agree though, Vampires should exist, but i think the world Governments should know all about them. In one Marvel series I read it referred to them with the scientific name of Homonus Nocturnus. Maybe Michael (*sigh* or Michelle) Morbius is actually, in fact, a SHIELD field-scientist investigating Blade, and gets bit in an accident with Blade's prey. He'd go crazy to try and Cure Vampirism, and he'd have the resources of SHIELD to do it, too. Blade i would prefer to keep in the background, I like him better as this looming force of the abnormal in the Ultimate Universe.

TheManWithoutFear said:
So the Ultimate Vampire mythology was introduced in the USM Superspecial. Bendis has announced that there's an arc coming up based around Blade and Morbius. How do you think this will work out? What do you think will happen?

uh.....obviously blade fighting morbius....

Well, to correctly answer your question, MwoF, I really think that it will be a thing where there will be more magic involved and a heck of a lot of goodness!

I'm not sure where I stand with the whole "real vampire" deal, however, I will deal because I'm sure it will turn out to be a good story anyway.

The Captain said:
uh.....obviously blade fighting morbius....

Cmon Captain don't you have some outlandish and stupid idea in that head of yours that involves a character like Luke Cage coming out of no where?

Anyway to elaborate and speculate on the matter. I've said before I think a good idea would be to have an "OZ" Bat bite Morbius, who was working at Oscorp. This is how Spiderman ties into this. Blade hunts Morbius because he thinks he's a Vampire. Morbius isn't a bad guy but he definitely has the hunger. I also think an issue worth of telling a little backstory of Blade and the history of Vampires in the ultimate universe would be worth it too.

stupid decalogue

TheManWithoutFear said:
Cmon Captain don't you have some outlandish and stupid idea in that head of yours that involves a character like Luke Cage coming out of no where?

Anyway to elaborate and speculate on the matter. I've said before I think a good idea would be to have an "OZ" Bat bite Morbius, who was working at Oscorp. This is how Spiderman ties into this. Blade hunts Morbius because he thinks he's a Vampire. Morbius isn't a bad guy but he definitely has the hunger. I also think an issue worth of telling a little backstory of Blade and the history of Vampires in the ultimate universe would be worth it too.

some animosity there..... do you mean stupid as in dd : redemption stupid??well, as outlandish and stupid as it is, look for luke cage in the sixth issue of the ultimates :D hows that for stupid??

anyway, to get down to a more serious issue...the oz bat sounds like a nice idea, regardless of the matter, i see morbius being connected to spider-man....without that connection, this story wont work in my opinion....i see morbius biting folks due to his hunger and blade gets involved trying to kill the guy while spidey knows about morbius dual persona and tries to subdue them both....

Latest posts

Back