My theory (Ultimates 2 #7 spoilers)

Spade said:
i think either ultron has shapeshifting abilities (highly unlikley) or its fury but i still want to see ultron turn by the end of GTA or at least foreshadow something

I REALLY dont see fury as a traitor, mainly because he hawk and widow are the ones who started shield. those guys have been through all sorts of fire and hellstorm which i see as a bond-forming experience. like old war buddies. and you dont just kill your old war buddies. which also leads me to believe that the traitor isnt the widow either. i mean shes been with hawkeye just as long as fury which means she was there when hawk had his kids, and i would assume that over the years she became sorta like auntie widow. so i dont see her or fury being able to turn all that off just like that and shoot those kids who they've known since they were born. NO ones that heartless. man i hope whoever the traitor is dies. slowly. and painfully. :neutral: seriously!, evil child murdering ****ers! :cry:

Guijllons said:
I still have issue with the scene where the bullets hit Hawkeye. I know they can't show everything, but just little flashes? Maybe some tearing of fabric at the least.

As for him being saved by quicksilver. Well, events have led up to that happening. Quicksilver will go back to get the purse, hears gunshots, gets a move on, saves our hero in the nick of time. But isn't that a little bit Flash Gordon? The hero is hanging from a burning rope, cut to the "tune in next week" message, a week later rocketman swoops down and saves the day.

Yes, it is, but in my opinion Millar has done a believable job of setting this up (the opening scene of #7, the purse being left behind, Quicksilver being the only way I can think of for Hawkeye avoiding those bullets), as opposed to Quicksilver just showing up with no foreshadowing.

Millar is a tricky bugger, he's leading us on to believe a few things, Hawkeye is dead, and hawkeye survives, and hawkeye is rescued.
Chances are it will be none of these.

Maybe instead Hawkeye gets a haircut?

Hell, it could be just a bit of bad luck that happens when Wanda gets drunk (at least it would be if Baldy was writing the Ultimates)

Remember, Loki, trick of the light and all that malarky is behind this too. Who can say for certain.

(Cue "tales of the unexpected" music)

ehhh, maybe I'm partial, but I like my theory. Though I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Loki is playing a hand in it all. After all, he did warn Thor about the Wolf In The Fold.

ranaj said:
Something puzzles me ... In an earlier issue of the Ultimates Captain America's weight is said to be 250 pounds. In Vol. 2 issue 7 Quicksilver complains about having to carry Captain America because he "... must weigh 350 pounds". So what? Has CA put on a lot of weight or is one of teh Caps not quite what he seems?

This could just be due to Quicksilver exaggerating a bit. Not a big deal.

Icemastertron said:
Good point. And with him working out, you'd think he'd loose the weight, not gain it.

marvelman said:
considering that im sure he doesnt have a lot of fat to burn, i bet hed gain weight in muscle mass.

Marvelman is right, someone of Cap's body mass isn't working out to lose weight, they're doing it to gain even more muscle mass (off topic but interesting info: aerobic exercise-walking/jogging-elevates the metabolism of people on average for about an hour to two after finishing the exercise; anaerobic activity-weightlifting/calisthenics-elevates the metabolism on average for 19 to 20 hours after finishing the exercise...thereby weightlifting is a much more efficient form of exercise in terms of burning calories-about 400 an hour-and fat, and building lean muscle tissue).

TheManWithoutFear said:
This turned into another traitor thread eh? I thought it was about a certain member's fate?

Thats what happens when you change the thread title...I keed, I keed, it needed to be changed. Though thats kinda my fault to because I did ask who the traitor was.

elfreo said:
I REALLY dont see fury as a traitor, mainly because he hawk and widow are the ones who started shield.

This isn't entirely true. Remember, Black Widow wasn't recruited into SHIELD until only a little while before the events of the first Ultimates volume occurred (she was recruited by Fury after the whole Latverian embassy Spidey team-up from UMTU #14). Its also mentioned that Hawkeye and Fury were two of the original members in volume 1.

DIrishB said:
Yes, it is, but in my opinion Millar has done a believable job of setting this up (the opening scene of #7, the purse being left behind, Quicksilver being the only way I can think of for Hawkeye avoiding those bullets), as opposed to Quicksilver just showing up with no foreshadowing.
If it is Quicksilver saving the day, then it's less foreshadowing, and more giving the game away. He may as well have had Pietro running in on the last scene.

Hey, it could be, it crossed all of our minds when the purse was mentioned. But Millar does tend to not be quite so clear in his intent. If it is this, then I'll be disappointed.

Guijllons said:
Hey, it could be, it crossed all of our minds when the purse was mentioned. But Millar does tend to not be quite so clear in his intent. If it is this, then I'll be disappointed.

Again, you're a very tough critique Guij. Honestly, if it's not Quicksilver then I'm gonna be ticked off for whatever cop-out reason we have for Hawkeye's survival. Personally it's time for a member to bite it, I think. So I have no problem with Hawkeye's death. But I don't want to see Hawkeye joining forces with the traitor, The traitor being able to kill a mother and children but not a soldier, or Hawkeye in a comatose AFTER 3 ****IN' BULLETS... I just don't want any of Millar's magic this time. Straight up the reason people voted that this issue was 5/5 was ONLY because of how powerful the moment of that last scene was. If we go through this arc in it's entirety and something that's not entirely plausible occurs like a "Thunderbolt" Ross survival... well, Millar will just about have no balls then.

Again, I prefer 'Chewy critique'.

And stop asking for people to die. How is it time for them to die? The ultimates has only run 20 issues. That's hardly time for a death. And dead means dead.

It's absolutely logical that Hawkeye will survive with aid from Quicksilver, I would just prefer something that aids the plot a little more, something a bit special.

So, stop trying to kill people. Killing bad, mmk.

Guijllons said:
It's absolutely logical that Hawkeye will survive with aid from Quicksilver, I would just prefer something that aids the plot a little more, something a bit special.
I know it's logical that's why it's the only way I'm going to accept it. Not looking to push your buttons or anything but can you give me any other logical way of his survival?

Guijllons said:
And stop asking for people to die. How is it time for them to die? The ultimates has only run 20 issues. That's hardly time for a death. And dead means dead.

So, stop trying to kill people. Killing bad, mmk.
Bendis said it best... and no I don't know the exact quote but when Gwen died and everyone *****ed about it, he said it's more realistic to kill off a person before you know their full potential. Besides we've seen Hawkeye for 20 issues but we know he's been running in a high powered Super-Person game as a normal non-powered human being for long enough.

Bendis is an idiot. He didn't need to put Gwen in a threatening situation at all. But I didn't mind her dying, she was a poor poor cliché of a character anyway. But no fear, he'll bring her back one day.

But yes, I do agree with the sentiment. But I still see no reason for Hawkeye to die. I feel there is a lot more going on now than we can currently see, and Quicksliver saving the day (again) just feels a bit tame when compared to what Millar can give us.

Guijllons said:
Bendis is an idiot. He didn't need to put Gwen in a threatening situation at all. But I didn't mind her dying, she was a poor poor cliché of a character anyway. But no fear, he'll bring her back one day.

But yes, I do agree with the sentiment. But I still see no reason for Hawkeye to die. I feel there is a lot more going on now than we can currently see, and Quicksliver saving the day (again) just feels a bit tame when compared to what Millar can give us.

Well it all comes down to opposing opinions banging stones together... We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Bendis said it best... and no I don't know the exact quote but when Gwen died and everyone *****ed about it, he said it's more realistic to kill off a person before you know their full potential.

It was more along the lines of: sometimes real-life people die before their stories are told - why should comic characters be any different? I agree. I still didn't care for her death (or her character for that matter), but he is right and it makes sense.

UltimateE said:
It was more along the lines of: sometimes real-life people die before their stories are told - why should comic characters be any different? I agree. I still didn't care for her death (or her character for that matter), but he is right and it makes sense.

Right, I'm not all for it either but as long as Daredevil doesn't die before his time, I'm cool with it!.

Guij said:
I'm uncomfortable with the idea of banging stones with you.
:shifty:

I do wonder if the theory will hold up with this:

Mark Millar said:
I know. I just got the art this morning-- and can't wait to phone Hitchy about this later to congratulate him-- and I got a little chill when I saw those last few pages. It must be like a murderer standing over his first victim; that icy chill down your spine as you realize there's no going back now. As Hitchy said; what the **** have we done!?!?!?!?!
But it's good stuff so we're confident.

MM
Doesnt mean Hawkeye's dead. I think it means that the traitor is standing over where Hawkeye is healing up.

Aha!

The shooter actually shoots right behind Hawkeye.

We then see quicksilver fall to the ground with a couple of bloody holes in his chest and a knife in his hand. Though it was Pietro's intention to attack the traitor, it appears that quicksilver attempted to attack hawkeye, thus leading Hawkeye to believe that Pietro is the traitor, and allowing the real traitor to be hidden from our view until Hawkeye announces who saved him. If pym is there, he may do something wierd (like chuckle to himself, or freak out and attack the guy)

The only thing is that only one person could fit the bill in this situation because you we need to be a mthematical genius to know where and when quicksilver would be there.

And I have my bets on Widow right now.

TheCell said:
And I have my bets on Widow right now.
Ahem:

icemastertron said:
The MW posters had the same guesses as us, and from the mod that have seen just about all of issue 8:

Mark Peyton said:
This is me saying this and not Millar on autoplug - no one's guessed the traitor right. NO ONE. Can't wait to read the whole thing.

About what Millar said, i think he means that the things that he is writting is sooo strong and...and...mindblowing ( :drooling: ) that he feels like a freaking murderer in his first killing.

Originally Posted by icemastertron
The MW posters had the same guesses as us, and from the mod that have seen just about all of issue 8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Peyton
This is me saying this and not Millar on autoplug - no one's guessed the traitor right. NO ONE. Can't wait to read the whole thing.

I don't know if I believe this. I mean, how could NO ONE guess the traitor right? Unless its some low-level SHIELD operative/member, like Dr. Brankin. And if thats the case, it would completely blow.

Especially coming from Millarworld, where one would imagine the traitor's identity is probably the most hotly discussed topic on the site, and everyone's going to have given their opinion. On this site alone we've had EVERY member of the Ultimates guessed at, so I can't see as how the same wouldn't be the case on Millarworld. And if thats the case, either the mod on MW is lying, or its some low-level SHIELD member who doesn't even matter.

Guijllons said:
If it is Quicksilver saving the day, then it's less foreshadowing, and more giving the game away. He may as well have had Pietro running in on the last scene.

About Hawkeye's survival being cheapened by a quick-save from Quicksilver, and/or Hawkeye somehow surviving these gun-shot wounds, I have one thing to say:

WANTED

Anyone read this mini by Millar (I know some of you have). Anyone remember in the first issue the Killer gets his head blown off? Anyone remember the the end of #5 the Killer shows up alive and well?

Millar has done the whole "obviously killed yet shows up alive" thing before, and in Wanted, it wasn't very believable considering the way it was executed. So its possible he does some crap concerning this in the next issue, though I doubt it. I still think the Quicksilver saving Hawkeye theory is the only viable option.

Beloved and Feared Moderator Peyton recanted a bit on the statement that no one had correctly guessed the traitor - I believe what he finally said was that no one had guessed the right person AND the right reason.

Latest posts

Back