My theory (Ultimates 2 #7 spoilers)

Rhyo said:
Beloved and Feared Moderator Peyton recanted a bit on the statement that no one had correctly guessed the traitor - I believe what he finally said was that no one had guessed the right person AND the right reason.
Ahhhhhh. Still wish they told who the traitor was.

What on earth could be the actual reason? :dazed:

The traitor is someone we know, yet we have missed something.

FACT.

I guessed Eammon Brankin. In my minds I've gone over everyone. If Peyton lies I'm going to hit him with a spade.

I'm still going with Black Widow. I think its so blatantly obvious that it seems too obvious.

I also think that foreign kid in #7 that has a whole panel to himself is going to come back to haunt us. But what do I know.

Edit: Almost forgot, but the traitor in #7 is wearing a different glove then the one he/she is wearing when they were drinking coffee.

TheeGreatOne said:
You SOB! I haven'ty read the issue yet! I thought this was some House Of M thing. Arragh. I'm so pissed right now you don't even know.

That was really uncalled for. I'm terrilbly sorry.

DIrishB said:
I probably should've put spoiler tags on the title, so I apologize for that, but I thought it was pretty obvious what I was talking about, we all know 616 Hawkeye is back, why would I need to develop a theory on how he's still alive if its common knowledge? Again, I apologize, but you need to look closer next time. And dude, if you get that mad over a comic being spoiled for you, you need to look into some anger management classes. Besides, the previews released on the net for this issue have been up for over a month now, it shouldn't be any big surprise.

You're asking people to respect the fact that you only get your comics once a month and don't want them spoiled, which I can respect, yet you act like a total child and disrespect me because I spoiled it for you accidentally. I could understand if the issue wasn't even out yet or had just come out, but its been out for almost 10 days (and the previews for at least a month). And besides, the first line of my post was: "well we've all read Ultimates 2 #7", if you kept reading beyond that its your own fault. We can't all walk on eggshells just to suit you TGO. I'm pissed now too, so I guess we're even. Grow up man. Seriously, the SOB comment was childish.

I only read the first line but the title is what it said and I knew about Hawkeye's family before hand. I didn't mean to disrespect you. I didn't mean to call you that. I was more saying it in a tone like when you stumb your toe.
I never mean to hurt your feelings. Sorry. I don't expect you guys to walk on eggshells for me. I've never really complained about this before. The Hawkeye thing in House Of M was also runied for me in a thread not mark with spoilers. plus the line from UFF 21 and more. So I was a little annoyed.
Bass said:
Also, TGO, it =tehsux this spoiled #7 for you. I can completely understand why you thought this was HoM. If it's any consolation, most of us knew long beforehand that Hawkeye's family was gonna buy it in #7, and when we saw the preview, we got the feeling Hawkeye may not make it out of #7 alive. But still... the issue works. It will still shock you. You'll still go, "OMG! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" because it's so well done. You'll still enjoy it.

I did. It was creepy

UltimateE said:
A little late, and the damage may have been done (and you might be being sarcastic), but it was a good point. It shouldn't have been named how it was.

I wasn't. I meant it.

Anyway I read the issue today and that was one disturbing comic. It might beat Ultimate X-men 46. I hope the traitor isn't Cap. I don't see him killing a family.

P.S. I hope we're still cool DIrishB :D

thee great one said:

That was really uncalled for. I'm terrilbly sorry.

I only read the first line but the title is what it said and I knew about Hawkeye's family before hand. I didn't mean to disrespect you. I didn't mean to call you that. I was more saying it in a tone like when you stumb your toe.
I never mean to hurt your feelings. Sorry. I don't expect you guys to walk on eggshells for me. I've never really complained about this before. The Hawkeye thing in House Of M was also runied for me in a thread not mark with spoilers. plus the line from UFF 21 and more. So I was a little annoyed.

I did. It was creepy

I wasn't. I meant it.

Anyway I read the issue today and that was one disturbing comic. It might beat Ultimate X-men 46. I hope the traitor isn't Cap. I don't see him killing a family.

P.S. I hope we're still cool DIrishB :D

No, we're still cool, it was my bad TGO, shouldn't have posted the title as I did. I just went a little overboard with the response (and really it wasn't your fault, I'd had a pretty major fight with my ex that morning so I was in a crappy mood as it was, and I kinda took it out on you, so my bad). Lesson learned. I promise I won't spoil #8 for you (unless you ask). Hehe

so i was thinking more about the advantages and disadvantages of having Hawkeye die, story-wise.

advantages:

- to show how the ultimate universe is more dangerous than the 616 one, especially for a normal human. beast is dead, spider-man has been shot numerous times, hank pym almost died, iceman got broken. and these were all super-powered beings. hawkeye is extremely competent, but, as millar has shown by having him fear for his life at times, hawkeye is also only human.

- millar likes highly dramatic things like killing off characters. it fits his style, especially killing someone as likable as clint.

disadvantages:

- the promo said hawkeye's life would be ruined in the worst way possible. i think that lends itself more to hawkeye being alive and without his family rather than being in heaven with them. the fact that the killer says that his son is up in heaven with his mother, and not something to the extent of "you'll see him soon." means something, as well... this leads to my next point...

- hawkeye hasn't gotten to be an angry angry guy yet, and i think millar wants to make him that way. killing his family is a great reason to make him as argumentative as he was in 616, all the while adding a new spin to the character. to alter a quote by Beast in Avengers Finale:

Cap: "I like turkey."
Hawkeye: "Turkey is terrible, and what do you know, you couldn't save my family!"

- hawkeye isn't deaf, and this might deafen him slash scar him slash somehow make him more awesome than he already is.

- now that i think about it, millar hasn't killed off all that many people in the ultimate books... all the killing has been done by Bendis, really. millar had iceman, beast, cyclops, hank, and jan all recover from their serious injuries. bendis killed beast and gwen, and ellis killed annihilus.

so, while i don't know what happened to hawkeye (i believe the quicksilver theory, but there is no way to be sure), i definitely do think it would be a better business venture to keep him alive. :cool:

You're right about Hawkeye's life being ruined, that doesn't seem to suggest that he himself would die. And his death would only matter if he was never ever ever coming back.

Oh, and Annihilus was the name of his position (I forget exactly what was said), not so much the name of him as an individual. He can come back.

oh, cool.

only read that trade in the library, so i definitely can see how i missed that. thought it was hi-freaking-larious though.

iceman said:
so i was thinking more about the advantages and disadvantages of having Hawkeye die, story-wise.

advantages:

- to show how the ultimate universe is more dangerous than the 616 one, especially for a normal human. beast is dead, spider-man has been shot numerous times, hank pym almost died, iceman got broken. and these were all super-powered beings. hawkeye is extremely competent, but, as millar has shown by having him fear for his life at times, hawkeye is also only human.

- millar likes highly dramatic things like killing off characters. it fits his style, especially killing someone as likable as clint.

disadvantages:

- the promo said hawkeye's life would be ruined in the worst way possible. i think that lends itself more to hawkeye being alive and without his family rather than being in heaven with them. the fact that the killer says that his son is up in heaven with his mother, and not something to the extent of "you'll see him soon." means something, as well... this leads to my next point...

- hawkeye hasn't gotten to be an angry angry guy yet, and i think millar wants to make him that way. killing his family is a great reason to make him as argumentative as he was in 616, all the while adding a new spin to the character. to alter a quote by Beast in Avengers Finale:

Cap: "I like turkey."
Hawkeye: "Turkey is terrible, and what do you know, you couldn't save my family!"

- hawkeye isn't deaf, and this might deafen him slash scar him slash somehow make him more awesome than he already is.

- now that i think about it, millar hasn't killed off all that many people in the ultimate books... all the killing has been done by Bendis, really. millar had iceman, beast, cyclops, hank, and jan all recover from their serious injuries. bendis killed beast and gwen, and ellis killed annihilus.

so, while i don't know what happened to hawkeye (i believe the quicksilver theory, but there is no way to be sure), i definitely do think it would be a better business venture to keep him alive. :cool:

Excellent post Iceman, very good points on all counts. I like your style of thinking.

i kinda really hope they keep Hawkeye alive, kinda seems repetitive to kill him in both worlds.... how about they kill Captain France or something? :)

DIrishB said:
Yeah but if they killed Captain France people would be cheering, so I don't think it would have the same emotional impact. hehe
I don't want captain France to be killed, I just want him to be really really crap and get embarrassed badly :D

Back