My theory (Ultimates 2 #7 spoilers)

DIrishB said:
Wow, seriously, you don't know who Timberlake is? I could understand if you lived in a cave in Peru or something, but the odds of you not coming across his pansy face plastered on TV, CD's, posters, etc is amazing. I hate the guy, but gotta admit he's just about everywhere (like gonnorhea).

Lol, well, I didn't OWN a TV for more than 10 years and now I use the big flat panel TV the spouse bought for watching DVDs. So, no, haven't seen him on TV. CDs? Mostly I listen to internet radio and buy CDs on-line from iTunes for my iPod. It's easy to avoid pop culture if you don't turn on the TV.

Currently on the iPod: The Dandy Warhols.

Rhyo said:
Lol, well, I didn't OWN a TV for more than 10 years and now I use the big flat panel TV the spouse bought for watching DVDs. So, no, haven't seen him on TV. CDs? Mostly I listen to internet radio and buy CDs on-line from iTunes for my iPod. It's easy to avoid pop culture if you don't turn on the TV.

Yeah but it isn't easy to avoid if you have any interaction with other people.

DIrishB said:
Yeah but it isn't easy to avoid if you have any interaction with other people.

Well, do people stand around in clumps and talk about Justin Timberlake on a regular basis? Most of the people I know on-line either talk about comics (like here and MW and AF and Image) or books or writing.

And, see, we've had this little interaction here and I STILL don't know who he is. That there is someone with that very unlikely name, that he is somehow involved in what passes for music, yes. Now, I have had to endure lectures because I've never seen more than an episode of South Park or even a single episode of Seinfeld or Friends. And, boy, do I have zero interest in any of those. Though my son made me watch two seasons of CSI: Las Vegas on DVD to test my powers of "guess the murderer" - HAH, showed him.

Veering back on topic - did anyone get Wizard and read Millar's comment on who the villains are for the next arc, or is that in a separate topic? Heaven forfend I should annoy MWoF by talking about something in the wrong place...

Rhyo said:
Well, do people stand around in clumps and talk about Justin Timberlake on a regular basis? Most of the people I know on-line either talk about comics (like here and MW and AF and Image) or books or writing.

No they don't stand around talking about Justin Timberlake (outside of groups of middle school aged girls), but I'm surprised he's never been mentioned at least in conversation in front of you.

And, see, we've had this little interaction here and I STILL don't know who he is. That there is someone with that very unlikely name, that he is somehow involved in what passes for music, yes. Now, I have had to endure lectures because I've never seen more than an episode of South Park or even a single episode of Seinfeld or Friends. And, boy, do I have zero interest in any of those. Though my son made me watch two seasons of CSI: Las Vegas on DVD to test my powers of "guess the murderer" - HAH, showed him.

Well, just so you know, he was a member of the crappy boy band NSYNC and then broke out on a solo career. Did you watch last year's Super Bowl? During the halftime show, he was the one who ripped off a part of Janet Jackson's costume, exposing her breast to millions of people on live TV and setting Tivo records for the most rewinded and paused piece of television in their history. Thats about it.

Veering back on topic - did anyone get Wizard and read Millar's comment on who the villains are for the next arc, or is that in a separate topic? Heaven forfend I should annoy MWoF by talking about something in the wrong place...

Yup, Guij posted the link above.

DIrishB said:
No they don't stand around talking about Justin Timberlake (outside of groups of middle school aged girls), but I'm surprised he's never been mentioned at least in conversation in front of you.

The middle-school/high-school girls I know like to talk about anime and manga. I went to see Howl's Moving Castle with a herd of them and it was most enlightening. I understand that boys are still clueless jerks, apparently an unchanging fact of life at that age. I assured them that boys' brains come in as they get older. Mostly.

DIrishB said:
Well, just so you know, he was a member of the crappy boy band NSYNC and then broke out on a solo career. Did you watch last year's Super Bowl?

Superbowl day is my cue to get together with about 5 or 6 friends, go to an expensive restaurant and eat very good food and drink heavily and be assured we'll have to place to ourselves. But I did hear about the "wardrobe malfunction" and I did know who Janet Jackson was.

You're doing an excellent job of forcing me into the last century and the start of this one. Frankly, I'd rather talk Chesterton.

The Captain said:
anyone see the directors cut cover of ultimates 2 #7?

There was none.

Wasn't it mistaken?

Last edited:
Rhyo said:
The middle-school/high-school girls I know like to talk about anime and manga. I went to see Howl's Moving Castle with a herd of them and it was most enlightening. I understand that boys are still clueless jerks, apparently an unchanging fact of life at that age. I assured them that boys' brains come in as they get older. Mostly.

That's nice. Extremely generalized, but nice. Now, after reading your profile and noting your profession, one would have to assume you're at least old enough to be done with university/college. Which begs the question: why are you hanging out with pre-teen/teenage girls? Please tell me you have a daughter that age and you just carpool her and her friends often. Please.

Superbowl day is my cue to get together with about 5 or 6 friends, go to an expensive restaurant and eat very good food and drink heavily and be assured we'll have to place to ourselves. But I did hear about the "wardrobe malfunction" and I did know who Janet Jackson was.

Commie.

You're doing an excellent job of forcing me into the last century and the start of this one. Frankly, I'd rather talk Chesterton.

Old GK? He was an ***...glad you remembered my signature quote though. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry If i'm being harsh, i'm in a ****ty mood and needed to rip something apart. You gave me that opertunity, and I thank you for it.[/QUOTE]

Okay Look, first of all, this is just speculation. Second, I've corrected some of these ideas in another forum, however, i did forget about sam wilson. But, just like doc oct he did make those wings of his respond to him. He is a scientist who works on graphing mechanics to the body, believing that bodies are just really complex machines. Those wings are just as much his as octs arms. Now wether Hawkeye's infallable shot is mutant or implant or WHATEVER (it is all just speculation) is has to be something. If it was just 'hes just really good' it would be the corniest thing ever. When he invaded the building infested with Chitauri, you never see an arrow that doesn't have a target (unless it is still airborne). He never misses, ever. It has to be something. He also not dead for what the preview said in the excerpt for Ultimates 2 #7. It said the 'Traitor will change the life of one of the Ultimates'. Implying their life will never be the same. Having your family murdered is quite life-changing. Being killed is not, it's life-ending. As for the Black Widow, in Ultimate Secret, Captian America (completely baffled) says to Natasha, "I just don't get it, Natasha, you are a Russian Super-Soldier, and you didn't know about this place?". This implies that Natasha does havesome kind of super abilities. Probably something like a super athlete.
As for the Hulk saving the day, I was unaware that he was still being chased by the time Ultimates 3 and Ultimate Hulk and Wolverine were to be released. I was told though that Thor was to be 'used' in Ultimates 3 which meant to me that he was going to be released. I believe Loki and Thor are legit, and Thor (as stated with his conversation with Volstagg) has beaten Loki before. He could beat Loki enough so that Loki would loose hold on his reality-warping grip. And no, by my theory Thor's armor and Mjonlir are not in Norway. They aren't Norwegian technology, it's Asguardian weaponry. Loki has it. How Thor get's it back is quite a mystery now though, since the Hulk isn't to return for this story arc. I still believe that Loki is controlling the Traitor, and yes Monolougeing does still happen. Ultimate Magento seems to do it a lot. Like when he causes Xavier to fall out of his wheel chair on the White House front lawn, and when He has the X-Men whooped on his floating fortress and tortures Wolverine and goads Colossus. Klieser monolouges to Wasp when he has her in the vial and when hes beating the snot out of Captain America. Doom does it to the Fantastic Four whn he uses his new-found abilities on them. Only the Spider-Man villains don't monolauge anymore.

Last edited:
And now you've backed up your points, which gives them more basis.

I'm sorry I was being an ***, I had a bad day, so yeah.

But I'd still need more evidence towards Hawkeye being a mutant or have cybernetic implants. Neither Green Arrow or Hawkeye do, and they seem to have handled it well... (aside from them both dying, and then coming back to life, but regardless :p)

I would also HAVE to say that those little descriptions are MEANT to be misleading. If they say "This Issue Someone Dies" the death loses its impact... Hawkeye could be alive, okay, but I think it would have ten times as much impact if he wasn't.

As for the monologuing... Yeah, okay, it happens. But I would be seriously disapointed if Millar wrapped this up with a "Bad Guy defeated, Heroes win" scenario... Magneto is a clear Villain... same goes for Doom and all of the Space Nazis... But aside from the nazi aliens (which come from what I definitely consider the weekest Ultimates arc yet) Millar doesn't use clear villains, he uses people who make bad decisions... I mean, When Wolverine goes on a mission to Kill 5,000 people in revenge for some kid of an old friend (like in Millars run on Wolverine that just ended)... Is he -really- a good guy? Millar has a way of making these stories his own... and this is going to go out with a bang. I'm expecting something to happen that will simply blow our minds. Something that's going to change everything in the UMU....

DIrishB said:
That's nice. Extremely generalized, but nice. Now, after reading your profile and noting your profession, one would have to assume you're at least old enough to be done with university/college. Which begs the question: why are you hanging out with pre-teen/teenage girls? Please tell me you have a daughter that age and you just carpool her and her friends often. Please.
Lol, I TAUGHT at a university while doing post-grad work. I'm old enough to be your mother, so if you get snippy with me, I can send you to your room. It's the law, you have to obey. Not that I would, of course, as I value discourse above all things.

Why do I hang around herds of teen-aged girls? Well, they seem to roam in herds, so if you take one somewhere, the others follow, pretty much inseparably. My neice is very fond of anime/manga, a passion which her parents neither share nor understand. She's very happy her Auntie M does. My LCS has a large selection of manga and anime to buy/rent, so we often go together. Regrettably, she and her friends have zip interest in traditional comics.
DIrishB said:
Old GK? He was an ***...glad you remembered my signature quote though.
But one who often had panache. You can get away with being an *** if you have panache...

Rhyo said:
Lol, I TAUGHT at a university while doing post-grad work. I'm old enough to be your mother, so if you get snippy with me, I can send you to your room. It's the law, you have to obey. Not that I would, of course, as I value discourse above all things.

Free-thinking anarchist. To the hidenburg caves with you!

Rhyo said:
Why do I hang around herds of teen-aged girls?

No doubt, so you can collect their bodily fluids and use it for your genesis device, like in all those Charles Dickens stories.

Dr.Strangefate said:
As for the monologuing... Yeah, okay, it happens. But I would be seriously disapointed if Millar wrapped this up with a "Bad Guy defeated, Heroes win" scenario... Magneto is a clear Villain... same goes for Doom and all of the Space Nazis... But aside from the nazi aliens (which come from what I definitely consider the weekest Ultimates arc yet) Millar doesn't use clear villains, he uses people who make bad decisions... I mean, When Wolverine goes on a mission to Kill 5,000 people in revenge for some kid of an old friend (like in Millars run on Wolverine that just ended)... Is he -really- a good guy? Millar has a way of making these stories his own... and this is going to go out with a bang. I'm expecting something to happen that will simply blow our minds. Something that's going to change everything in the UMU....

Look, this is an excellent story arc. And it has already had it's dark undertones. The Hulk and Thor issues. However, the best stories are the ones where the good guys narrowly achieve victory. Hawkeye almost dying and then showing up o make the victory move are the best stories, not the ones where the bad guys win or anything. Just the ones to screw up the status quoe and the good guys have some rebuilding to do. I want full blown Ultimates ready to kick butt in Ultimates 3. I want all of the returning ones and Sam Wilson and others to join the frey.

Hawkeye101 said:
Look, this is an excellent story arc. And it has already had it's dark undertones. The Hulk and Thor issues. However, the best stories are the ones where the good guys narrowly achieve victory. Hawkeye almost dying and then showing up o make the victory move are the best stories, not the ones where the bad guys win or anything. Just the ones to screw up the status quoe and the good guys have some rebuilding to do. I want full blown Ultimates ready to kick butt in Ultimates 3. I want all of the returning ones and Sam Wilson and others to join the frey.

In the last few issues, Millar has warned of there being Obscene amounts of Violence, much moreso than we saw in the last issue. I highly doubt the dark undertones are going away... in fact I bet they are going to become overtones to the series. Loeb has also stated that people will be dead... So that means major and/or minor characters... But I really don't think this will have a clear-cut ending with a clear-cut villain...

Anyone else's thoughts on this issue?

Hawkeye101 said:
However, the best stories are the ones where the good guys narrowly achieve victory. Hawkeye almost dying and then showing up o make the victory move are the best stories, not the ones where the bad guys win or anything.
Have you read Watchmen? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back