My theory (Ultimates 2 #7 spoilers)

Guijllons said:
I don't want captain France to be killed, I just want him to be really really crap and get embarrassed badly :D

The first time I saw him in #4 I thought to myself "that guys an ***." I think Hitch made him look like an ******* on purpose. :D

moonmaster said:
The first time I saw him in #4 I thought to myself "that guys an ***." I think Hitch made him look like an ******* on purpose. :D

Actuallt thats just how French people look.

Guijllons said:
I don't want captain France to be killed, I just want him to be really really crap and get embarrassed badly

Is this an allusion to France's role in WWII? If thats the case Captain America would have to constantly be saving his ***.

I'll spin this thread. I have a theory or rather something that I want to draw to your attentions. We're all so worked up over who the traitor is and how Fury is handling it or whoever is handling it. What about Thor? I was rereading the G&M arc and I realized something. They thought the traitor was Thor. The first action of the Traitor was the release of the information on the true Identity of the Hulk. So if they now think the traitor is Captain America? Does that clear Thor?

Doesn't matter. They may have thought Thor was responsible for the leak... BUT they had no proof, in fact, it was unlikely as Thor pointed out to Cap. Also Thor is in the Triskelion for attacking the democratically elected government of Italy, as well as stealing advanced super soldier technology from the Union in Europe. The leak thing was really a moot point.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'll spin this thread. I have a theory or rather something that I want to draw to your attentions. We're all so worked up over who the traitor is and how Fury is handling it or whoever is handling it. What about Thor? I was rereading the G&M arc and I realized something. They thought the traitor was Thor. The first action of the Traitor was the release of the information on the true Identity of the Hulk. So if they now think the traitor is Captain America? Does that clear Thor?
To them, it doesn't matter if Thor's innocent or not, cuz they'll still think he's crazy (though he is not), and will still have reason (according to them) to keep him locked up.

I KNOW Ultimate Hawkeye

Alright, boys and girls I'm new. But here's what I've got. Using what info I've pieced together about my favorite Ultimate character (yes it is Hawkeye, I come from the same hometwn in Iowa as he does). What I've gathered from rumors and Mark Millar interviews, etc. is this....

With the exception of Punisher, all 616 Heroes who didn't have super-human abilites, now have something, as Ultimates 2 #7 shows, Hawkeye is just another bullseye. Rumors have it that his powers are mutant, target implants, ect. I believe the latter, because he is a member of shield, and they have a plethora of wonderful toys, including implants behind the eyes. :shock:

As stated earlier, Hawkeye cannot be dead for it would not fill the 'good guy' roster very well whan it came to facing the traitor. I like the quicksilver getting away with Hawk himself and wanda's purse w/out getting shot. Hawkeye lays unconsious til the right moment when he'll reviel the traitor to Nick Fury.

Listen up, here's where my theory brings the Ultimates back together. Banner is still alive, as seen in Ultimates 2 Annual. The traitor blows away most (if not all) of the new guys (i.e the new giantmen, the seasons, the unions) except captain britain. He holds the main characters hostage as he explains his plot (as all villains do). However, Thor feels Loki's presance and realizes that Loki is controlling the traitor, and the traitor hasn't really betrayed the team. Loki is pulling a fast one.

Banner shows up (after a lot of hitch-hikeing?) and releases Thor, who gets a hold of his armor, and mjonlir. As the traitor, with an invisible Loki floating overhead, monolouges, Thor and the Hulk bust in and save the rest of them. Thor then knocks Loki silly revieling that there is in-fact and evil god plaugeing the Ultimates. The tratior snaps back to reality and Loki reveils he did it all to get to Thor (just like the original avengers). The Ultimates work Loki over and win the day, with a lot to explain to the media. :D

Last edited:
Hawkeye101 said:
With the exception of Punisher, all 616 Heroes who didn't have super-human abilites, now have something, as Ultimates 2 #7 shows, Hawkeye is just another bullseye. Rumors have it that his powers are mutant, target implants, ect. I believe the latter, because he is a member of shield, and they have a plethora of wonderful toys, including implants behind the eyes. :shock:

Okay, right off the bat, there's a problem with this argument. The Wasp is a mutant, and we're completely aware of it as readers, to have the EXACT SAME revelation happen to another character... I mean, Jesus, that'd be just ****ty writing. Hawkeye was an olympic archer who has been working with the US government since the Cold War, he's just really good. As for your argument about there not being any Ultimate non-powered heroes... What do you call Falcon from Ultimate Nightmare? or does he have secret implants and mutant abilities too?

As stated earlier, Hawkeye cannot be dead for it would not fill the 'good guy' roster very well whan it came to facing the traitor. I like the quicksilver getting away with Hawk himself and wanda's purse w/out getting shot. Hawkeye lays unconsious til the right moment when he'll reviel the traitor to Nick Fury.

Listen up, here's where my theory brings the Ultimates back together. Banner is still alive, as seen in Ultimates 2 Annual. The traitor blows away most (if not all) of the new guys (i.e the new giantmen, the seasons, the unions) except captain britain. He holds the main characters hostage as he explains his plot (as all villains do). However, Thor feels Loki's presance and realizes that Loki is controlling the traitor, and the traitor hasn't really betrayed the team. Loki is pulling a fast one.

Hawkeye can't die because then the villain won't have enough people to explain each and every step of his master plan?! Are you serious? First off, Millar has said that this is going to be obscenely violent, and Loeb has said that main characters will have died by the start of his arc. This means that there isn't going to be another happy happy ending with Fury toasting to his guards in the Oval Office... This is going to leave a Scar on the Ultimate Universe. And what do you mean he feels Loki's presence, he hasn't figured out that loki was messing things up at ANY step of the way... He's wise, but he doesn't have Norse God Sense.

And I mean... Bad Guys don't Monologue anymore, unless it serves their purpose. The villains are NOT going to let down their guard for a 30 minute explaination of whats up. Everything from Austin Powers to the Incredibles has OUTED monologuing as a weak plot point. This is Millar. This is going to be political, and deep on many many levels. There aren't Good Guys, there aren't Bad Guys, there are simply Men and Women fighting for what they beleive in.

Banner shows up (after a lot of hitch-hikeing?) and releases Thor,

Why? I mean, Fury has chased this guy to the Himilayas... and he's close on his tail. We also know that he'll STILL be on the run for both Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine AND Ultimates 3. And what reason would he have for releasing Thor? Just because they're "good guys"?

who gets a hold of his armor, and mjonlir.

At this point aren't those weapons back in Norway?

As the traitor, with an invisible Loki floating overhead, monolouges, Thor and the Hulk bust in and save the rest of them.

Firstoff, how does Banner or Thor even know what are going on to begin with? Sure, Thor knows something's up, but he hasn't been around to know when exactly the big battle will take place... And Banner isn't in control when he's the Hulk, how the hell would he be coordinated enough to "save the day"

And once again, comics don't use Monologuing anymore.

Thor then knocks Loki silly revieling that there is in-fact and evil god plaugeing the Ultimates. The tratior snaps back to reality and Loki reveils he did it all to get to Thor (just like the original avengers). The Ultimates work Loki over and win the day, with a lot to explain to the media. :D

Loki is the Norse God of Chaos. Sure you can contain chaos temporarily, sure you can turn it away, but you cannot force chaos to do exactly what they want you too... Loki could be dragged into existence by perhaps a more powerful being than himself, but he and Thor are in many ways equals. Maybe Odin steps in, or maybe Loki reveals himself in a moment of panic, but Thor cannot -force- loki into anything.

And then there's the fact that this doesn't resolve the wedding, the relationship between wasp and captain, jarvis' floating pot, or anything at all... And while not everything will be resolved, he's not going to drop everything at this point to tell a standard mediocre superhero story.

Sorry If i'm being harsh, i'm in a ****ty mood and needed to rip something apart. You gave me that opertunity, and I thank you for it.

Hawkeye101 said:
Alright, boys and girls I'm new. But here's what I've got. Using what info I've pieced together about my favorite Ultimate character (yes it is Hawkeye, I come from the same hometwn in Iowa as he does). What I've gathered from rumors and Mark Millar interviews, etc. is this....

Banner shows up (after a lot of hitch-hikeing?) and releases Thor, who gets a hold of his armor, and mjonlir. As the traitor, with an invisible Loki floating overhead, monolouges, Thor and the Hulk bust in and save the rest of them. Thor then knocks Loki silly revieling that there is in-fact and evil god plaugeing the Ultimates. The tratior snaps back to reality and Loki reveils he did it all to get to Thor (just like the original avengers). The Ultimates work Loki over and win the day, with a lot to explain to the media. :D

I too, want Hulk and Thor to kick some ***. Welcome Hawkeye 101! :D

Dr.Strangefate said:
And then there's the fact that this doesn't resolve the wedding, the relationship between wasp and captain, jarvis' floating pot, or anything at all... And while not everything will be resolved, he's not going to drop everything at this point to tell a standard mediocre superhero story.

Wait wait wait...since when is Jarvis a pothead? And it floats? That must be some good stuff. Doc, you GOTTA point out what issue this was in. If this is the case Jarvis is my new favorite Ultimate character. Yeah, thats right, I'm completely one-dimensional and too easy to please. ;)

Hawkeye101 said:

Pretty sure Millar called Hawkeye "an archer with NEAR mutant accuracy." Not that I would be particularly surprised to have that statement, uh, clarified a bit.

And Hawkeye isn't dead because Bass and I don't want him to be. And we have influence, I'm tellin' ya. Mmm hmmm. The reasons he isn't dead are pretty iffy, but I can make some up, if I have to.

... back to (futilely) trying to call my friends in the deep south that I haven't heard from since Saturday.

DIrishB said:
Yeah but that doesn't matter due to your lack of influence (Justin Timberlake pun intended)

Like I know who Justin Timberlake is. Yeah, I could google it, but I probably don't want to.

Mo (deficient in vast areas of what often passes for "culture." Like TV, most movies, pop music.)

Rhyo said:
Like I know who Justin Timberlake is. Yeah, I could google it, but I probably don't want to.

Mo (deficient in vast areas of what often passes for "culture." Like TV, most movies, pop music.)

Wow, seriously, you don't know who Timberlake is? I could understand if you lived in a cave in Peru or something, but the odds of you not coming across his pansy face plastered on TV, CD's, posters, etc is amazing. I hate the guy, but gotta admit he's just about everywhere (like gonnorhea).

Latest posts

Back