For March:

MYTHOS: CAPTAIN AMERICA
Written by PAUL JENKINS
Art and Cover by PAOLO RIVERA

He may be dead, but now you can find out how the man became the legend! Mythos revisits Steve Rogers' transformation from a weakling with a heart of steel to the Sentinel of Liberty! From the mind of Paul Jenkins' and the stunning art of Paolo Rivera comes the origin of CAPTAIN AMERICA!
32 PGS./Cardstock Cover/Rated A …$3.99

After this, there are two more Mytho books.

We've had X-Men (1), Spider-Man (2), Ghost Rider (3), Hulk (4), Fantastic Four (5), and Captain America will make 6.

I believe one of the last two is to be Daredevil.

After this, there are two more Mytho books.

We've had X-Men (1), Spider-Man (2), Ghost Rider (3), Hulk (4), Fantastic Four (5), and Captain America will make 6.

I believe one of the last two is to be Daredevil.

8 - just enough for a nice hardcover.

Daredevil is a good guess...I wonder if they might also do one for a villain like Doctor Doom.

MYTHOS_CAP.jpg

He looks like he's retarded....

I know. It makes me laugh. :lol:

I only say that because it's amusing in that it's in stark contrast to the rest of the series. The art has been fantastic.

So is this all coming out in a trade or hardcover cuz then I'll be getting that.

I always laugh at this (No offense).

Everything comes out into TPB/HC eventually. Newer books faster than old ones.

Well I just wasn't sure since there's eight extra-length issues. And =quick question, who's the last two about? Daredevil and someone else? (If it's Iron Man my predictions come true).

Well I just wasn't sure since there's eight extra-length issues. And =quick question, who's the last two about? Daredevil and someone else? (If it's Iron Man my predictions come true).
The original Sentry TPB was collected in 10 issues. Omnibus' are 30+.

I'm sure 8 issues will be no biggie. :wink:

As for the last two, they were all mentioned by Jenkins already, but I never found the article where he mentioned them all.

Mythos: Captain America (JAN082169D, $3.99) has been cancelled and will be resolicited at a later date.

I will ask Paolo himself when I go to NYCC to see why this happened. This sucks!

Mythos: Captain America (JAN082169D, $3.99) has been cancelled and will be resolicited at a later date.

I will ask Paolo himself when I go to NYCC to see why this happened. This sucks!

&*#^$@#$%&@#$^!!!!

I was looking forward to that more than any of them!

Three months later, we finally get the issue.

And it was AMAZING.

I really wish Marvel would have Paul Jenkins write origins movie for them. He knows how to write an 'updated' origin so damn well that would work nicely on screen as well. His stories are done perfectly that these issues are great to introduce to new readers.

I am going to make a run to the LCS to pick this up today - I'm geeked for it. These books are very good and more people should be reading them.

Did anyone else get the Mythos hardcover? I just got mine today, ordered from the UC Store.

I plan on re-reading all 6 issues, but I was thumbing through it and was reminded not only of how great the art was, but how even though some of the writing (specifically dialogue) was somewhat weak at times, this would have been a great start to a new line/universe.

Stupid Marvel.

I thought there were still 2 more issues? Why have they collected it already?

I thought there were still 2 more issues? Why have they collected it already?

What were they? I remember there was a Beast one that was revealed but I don't recall an official announcement or solicitation, and, stupidly, it was not part of the regular Mythos line anyway. I wasn't aware of any others.

Latest posts

Back