Naruto

So, I'm watching the third Naruto movie right now...and it sucks. The first one sucked, the second one was ok...and now this one sucks.

I'm only watching it because Rock Lee's the third member of team Kakashi for the duration of the film, but unfortunately, he barely has a speaking role. Usually, he's just sitting in the background being awesome.

So, I'm watching the third Naruto movie right now...and it sucks. The first one sucked, the second one was ok...and now this one sucks.

I'm only watching it because Rock Lee's the third member of team Kakashi for the duration of the film, but unfortunately, he barely has a speaking role. Usually, he's just sitting in the background being awesome.

I've had it downloaded for a while now but couldn't bring myself to watch it because I knew it would suck. At least the next movie will take place in the Shippuden timeline.

I've had it downloaded for a while now but couldn't bring myself to watch it because I knew it would suck. At least the next movie will take place in the Shippuden timeline.

The only cool part was Rock Lee kicking fools in the face.

I hate how it takes so long for the movies to be fansubbed. I mean, I would, if they didn't suck so hard.

Finally read the new chapter. I hate that they're making Karin into another Sakura archetype. What is with the writer of Naruto and his need to always have Sasuke surrounded by girls?

I think he's fallen in love with his own character. That would explain why Sasuke is always rolling in teh ladies (ROFLMAOKTHXLOL) and is twice as powerful as god.

Finally read the new chapter. I hate that they're making Karin into another Sakura archetype. What is with the writer of Naruto and his need to always have Sasuke surrounded by girls?

I think he's fallen in love with his own character. That would explain why Sasuke is always rolling in teh ladies (ROFLMAOKTHXLOL) and is twice as powerful as god.

I think he's stated multiple times that Sasuke is his favorite character.

I think he's stated multiple times that Sasuke is his favorite character.

Yeah, but before arc II started, Sasuke was a very interesting character. He's written off too often as just the "emo/goth" member of team 7. The whole point of the ****ing series is his twisted friendship with Naruto...and now a days, Sasuke is just a little clone of his older brother. Obnoxiously powerful, attempting to kill his best friend on a whim, killing his mentor...I could go on. Sasuke used to have a purpose besides being the object of Naruto's obsession. While their rivalry was stressed, he still had his own, separate dilemmas; in his quest to kill his brother, he was slowly becoming what he hated.

Now he's just an over idealized version of Kishimoto's (sp?) "favorite character".

Yeah, but before arc II started, Sasuke was a very interesting character. He's written off too often as just the "emo/goth" member of team 7. The whole point of the ****ing series is his twisted friendship with Naruto...and now a days, Sasuke is just a little clone of his older brother. Obnoxiously powerful, attempting to kill his best friend on a whim, killing his mentor...I could go on. Sasuke used to have a purpose besides being the object of Naruto's obsession. While their rivalry was stressed, he still had his own, separate dilemmas; in his quest to kill his brother, he was slowly becoming what he hated.

Now he's just an over idealized version of Kishimoto's (sp?) "favorite character".

Very well put. That's exactly my problem with him.

Another issue I have is that Kishimoto just decided to dismiss Naruto and Sasuke's friendship and replace it with Naruto's new man-crush on Sasuke. You see, the only really interesting relationship in the series was that between Naruto and Sasuke. And I'm not talking about romance; All of Naruto's other friends were either bigots or insane, and then they fought Naruto once and wham! They're well adjusted members of society. Don't know who I'm talking about? You're an idiot. Neji and Gaara. Both of them have essentially just become average protagonists now that they've had their magical epiphanies.

Now, Naruto and Sasuke were always a bit different; Sasuke, having the emotional stability of a 13-year-old girl PMSing for the first time, went back and forth between taunting and sacrificing himself for Naruto. It's interesting, because he's trying to decide between pursing his relationships (FRIENDSHIP! NOT ROMANCE! FRIENDSHIP!) with Naruto and Sakura and trying to kill his brother. Now that he's finally cut his team out of the picture, he's a one dimensional character. Sakura and Naruto just pine after Sasuke, and everyone else is now just another protagonist who mindlessly help Naruto accomplish his goals because they can.

What happened to Kiba being a stuck up *******? Now he's just some guy in the background who tries to help Naruto out. I already mentioned Gaara and Neji's newfound boringness. Even Temari is now just another standard female character because Naruto helped her brother out and had an inspiring speech. No one has goals or personalities of their own. It's just "Naruto changed me, so I'm now a generic, good person".

Shikamaru is the only one left who seemed to have retained his indiviuality. He was still a lazy bastard. And then Asuma went and died...and now he's taken the role of "Generic hero" upon himself. Don't get me wrong; I liked Sai. I really did. Until he started trying to "protect Naruto and Sasuke's bonds" and revealed himself to be another annoyingly boring character. All anyone does anymore is think to themselves about how much Naruto impresses them. If it weren't for the coolness of Akatsuki, I would have stopped reading awhile ago.

Another issue I have is that Kishimoto just decided to dismiss Naruto and Sasuke's friendship and replace it with Naruto's new man-crush on Sasuke. You see, the only really interesting relationship in the series was that between Naruto and Sasuke. And I'm not talking about romance; All of Naruto's other friends were either bigots or insane, and then they fought Naruto once and wham! They're well adjusted members of society. Don't know who I'm talking about? You're an idiot. Neji and Gaara. Both of them have essentially just become average protagonists now that they've had their magical epiphanies.

Now, Naruto and Sasuke were always a bit different; Sasuke, having the emotional stability of a 13-year-old girl PMSing for the first time, went back and forth between taunting and sacrificing himself for Naruto. It's interesting, because he's trying to decide between pursing his relationships (FRIENDSHIP! NOT ROMANCE! FRIENDSHIP!) with Naruto and Sakura and trying to kill his brother. Now that he's finally cut his team out of the picture, he's a one dimensional character. Sakura and Naruto just pine after Sasuke, and everyone else is now just another protagonist who mindlessly help Naruto accomplish his goals because they can.

What happened to Kiba being a stuck up *******? Now he's just some guy in the background who tries to help Naruto out. I already mentioned Gaara and Neji's newfound boringness. Even Temari is now just another standard female character because Naruto helped her brother out and had an inspiring speech. No one has goals or personalities of their own. It's just "Naruto changed me, so I'm now a generic, good person".

Shikamaru is the only one left who seemed to have retained his indiviuality. He was still a lazy bastard. And then Asuma went and died...and now he's taken the role of "Generic hero" upon himself. Don't get me wrong; I liked Sai. I really did. Until he started trying to "protect Naruto and Sasuke's bonds" and revealed himself to be another annoyingly boring character. All anyone does anymore is think to themselves about how much Naruto impresses them. If it weren't for the coolness of Akatsuki, I would have stopped reading awhile ago.

Well put.

Latest posts

Back