Avengers New Avengers: Illuminati Series Discussion (Spoilers)

The second issue was solid. I liked that Reed turned away from the power of the Gauntlet. Still I was hoping this wouldn't seem like a group of Supers going on wacky adventures.

This got me think about Xavier using the Mind Gem to regain his telepathy.

Can he do that?

I thought you needed the gauntlet to use all of the gems powers

Illuminati 2 was really good. Except for some 3 or 4 panels I thought it was great. The art was awesome too, but I miss Young Avengers with Cheung. :(
4.5/5 - IMO is the best thing Bendis has written in a while.

Illuminati 2 was really good. Except for some 3 or 4 panels I thought it was great. The art was awesome too, but I miss Young Avengers with Cheung. :(
4.5/5 - IMO is the best thing Bendis has written in a while.

:cry: I miss them too. That was my flagship title. I can't wait til Heinberg comes back.

:cry: I miss them too. That was my flagship title. I can't wait til Heinberg comes back.

I'm sure it was announced it would be coming out around March, but we haven't seen anything yet. If not, I don't know what Heinberg's doing. He's only written one episode of Grey's Anatomy and Wonder Woman is horribly delayed, so...?

Just a little problem with the summary, they rip a whole in reality to get the reality gem, the rest of the gems summon the time gem when we get to see old Reed, adn baby Xavier, and Black Bolt (Complete with costume too big for him) and a seemingly teen-aged Namor.

I really like this series and it will be kind of sad to see it end. It really excited me to see each of these people in possesion of a cosmic gem, but then it occured to me that keeping them on Earth is just about the best way to have a Cosmic being come blasting through your planet the next time they get bored of dating death *cough* Thanos *cough*. I really love the art here though I wish he had more titles he was working on.

I am just having a lot of fun with this book
4.5/5

EDIT: And the Watcher should officially change his name to "The Interferer"

Last edited:
#3 came out. The Illuminati find out that the Beyonder is a mutant Inhuman. Xavier says that he could shut down the minds of everyone in the Secret Wars while he and Reed worked out a method to get home.

Yes, the Secret Wars with Ultron.

And the Hulk.

And Galactus.

I don't think I have to add anything to that. It really speaks for itself.

Also, Namor still wanted to take over the surface world whenever this story took place. Is it just me, or is he written alternately as either a noble ruler who, despite his arrogance and rudeness, has great loyalty or at least respect towards most other superheroes and to his people, OR an emotionally crippled and untrustworthy butthat lusting after a woman who's moved on?

The Illuminati screw up again and Beyonder is running around on earth somewhere. Also, Doctor Strange is a pimp and Bendis-speak is particularly bad this issue, although I did like the Illuminati's total scorn for the Secret Wars ("Battleworld idiocy"). I guess that's all I have to say about this issue.

I had no idea what was happening.

I thought the Beyonder was a cosmic cube or some nonsense.

And I guess Secret War 2 was him just playing with himself. I guess I can see why that is a secret.

I have one problem with issue 3. Was the first pages that showed Xavier him remembering the things around him or was it as I read it him in that time on the Battleworld communicating telephatically with the Beyonder? Because if it is the later then they made a big mistake; Xavier wasn't in a wheelchair during the time on Battleworld. He could walk then.

It was fun. I kinda liked it.
I mean if you ignore the inhuman/mutant Beyonder (seriously, Quicksilver is one too, does it mean he has this kind of power? :p )

One question: When a character is speaking with "()s" how would it sound like? Seriously, the only writer that uses this (that I remember of) is Bendis and it really bugs me. Is he whispering? Why would he whisper in his thoughts? ARGH!

Ultimate Warrior you shoul dknow better by now, Bendis doesn't care about the details?

And please, This whole Inhuman mutant thing is ****ing stupid

Yeah I know. But I don't think that it was he who was the artist was it? I mean it doesn't look THAT bad. :wink:

Brian Reed, I believe he's the Young Avengers guy. I think his people look too similar, but other than that he's good.

"It's the kind of story Bendis does best," raved Micahel Deeley of SilverBulletComicBooks.com. "It's an ideological battle at heart with characters motivated by their personal beliefs… In short, it's a uniquely Marvel story."

What?

What?

Someone please make this make sense.

Edit: PX2 is right, sorry.

Last edited:
Jimmy Cheung drew this. Brian Reed is co-writing.

I like this series. It's fun.

I mean if you ignore the inhuman/mutant Beyonder (seriously, Quicksilver is one too, does it mean he has this kind of power? )

well he was depowered and thus tecnicly a normal human

Meh.....

It wasn't bad...but it wasn't great. If this was monthly I'd have dropped it by now. But since it only comes out like every 3 months and there's only 5 issues.....I can bare with it.

Latest posts

Back