Avengers New Hawkeye ongoing (Fraction/Aja)

I was also glad to get another Clint story. The Kate issues are OK but the art isn't as good and I just like Clint better.

Really, really loved #17. I'll be watching to see if this changes Clint's attitude or demeanor at all.

At first I was kind of annoyed that the issue was shaping up to be a TV show, but once I realized what it really was and what the show represented I "got it."

At first I was kind of annoyed that the issue was shaping up to be a TV show, but once I realized what it really was and what the show represented I "got it."

Yeah, me too. But I wonder how it ties with the current situation...

Is there an issue of this coming out any time soon? I want to freakin' find out what happened to Hawkeye and Barney!

EDIT: apparently the next one is in June. But there is no cover art or story synopsis up at Marvel.com

I really hope they finally get back to the main story. I've been waiting since February.

Last edited:
I'm so sad that this book has become such a low priority for Fraction. I mean, it doesn't even have a solicitation for August. While this saves me some money each month, it's still a shame that it feels all but abandoned.

Last edited:
I'm so sad that this book has become such a low priority for Fraction. I mean, it doesn't even have a solicitation for August. While this saves me some money each month, it's still a shame that it feels all but abandoned.

It's especially weird considering how wildly successful it is.

Mentioned at New York today, via CBR:

"The "Hawkeye" series has been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances in the lives of the creative team, but issue #19 is being worked on now. Brevoort promised that news would be forthcoming soon about the book's return. He encouraged fans upset about it not to yell at him on Tumblr, with a smile."

Mentioned at New York today, via CBR:

"The "Hawkeye" series has been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances in the lives of the creative team, but issue #19 is being worked on now. Brevoort promised that news would be forthcoming soon about the book's return. He encouraged fans upset about it not to yell at him on Tumblr, with a smile."

This is baffling to me. I know Marvel can't force anyone to do anything, but I would think one of their most critically acclaimed and commercially successful books would be a higher priority (for the creative team, too).

I'm not bashing the creators. Stuff happens in life. But I would think they are missing out on some major money. Success in comics like with Hawkeye does not happen often.

Must be Aja - has anyone said anything? Matt Fraction seems to still be doing OK.

Whatever it is, I hope everyone is OK and able to get back to life as soon as possible.

I think it is BECAUSE it is so successful that they do not want to rush it.

I think Matt Fraction has left/is leaving Marvel.

When Fraction left Inhuman they said he had big plans for Marvel coming up so I doubt it.

When Fraction left Inhuman they said he had big plans for Marvel coming up so I doubt it.
And just like with Inhumans, plans change.

What they said with that was still at planning/plotting stages or so, nothing was already being done. So yeah, plans change, even if they're solicited, already coming out, whatever.

And just like with Inhumans, plans change.

What they said with that was still at planning/plotting stages or so, nothing was already being done. So yeah, plans change, even if they're solicited, already coming out, whatever.

put-that-evil-on-me.gif

Last edited:
I think it is BECAUSE it is so successful that they do not want to rush it.

Yeah, but this is ridiculous. How many issues have come out in the last 6 months? 2?

With Matt Fraction I can understand because he's writing and can write other things. He *is* writing other things. But David Aja - he's not working on anything else, is he? How is he paying his bills?!

Hawkeye ends with #22

That may be less specific, but from the Fraction/DeConnick newsletter, we learn more.

HAWKEYE 22 is called "El Dorado." It's gonna be longer than twenty pages. I shouldn't say how much longer until I get final confirmation. I'm dragging my feet a little on wrapping it up but… well, it'll be done this week. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, and then that's it for me. Hard to say goodbye I guess (funny; I drag my feet on all my last issues). Anyway there's a Marvel editorial summit some time next week and I want those guys to have it beforehand so… yeah, time's up.

What.

Dammit, WHAT!? I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise, considering how this was seemingly pushed further and further down Fraction's list of priorities as time went on, but man. What a bummer.

Latest posts

Back