Avengers New Hawkeye ongoing (Fraction/Aja)

#11 - the Pizza Dog issue - is one of the greatest individual comics Marvel has ever published.

It was so good, so unique, touching, and different that it caused my to go directly to my LCS, buy up all of the back issues I could get my hands on, and add it to my pull list. I was reading it but was waiting for a deluxe hardcover. But it's too good to not be buying monthly.

If you haven't read it - the whole issue is told from Pizza Dog's perspective. There is very little dialogue; most of the speech bubbles are filled with gibberish with only certain words - the words Pizza Dog knows and recognizes - being readable. Besides being remarkably clever, it's also pretty funny because you get a sense for what Clint talks about around the house - Avengers, ex-wife, etc.

But even more clever is that you see how he thinks. Like any dog, he is a little furry detective. He picks up a scent, and there are little icons that show how he pieces things together, remembers things, etc. I loved it.

I liked it too, it was very clever and unique. But this is two issues without any further development in the actually story...

See that does not bother me in the least. In fact I like stuff like that, because it lets him extend a story that we know is good.

See that does not bother me in the least. In fact I like stuff like that, because it lets him extend a story that we know is good.

Yeah, i guess so. I'm looking forward to it all tying together in some way at the end, I like the random issues a lot, but the story is also compelling and I want to know where it's going! But I really do like every issue of this - I'm never disappointed. Issue #12 with Barney was awesome... I'm hoping for a Hawkguy Trickshot team up!

I had never heard of Barney before #12, either. And I loved the nickel-flipping trip backstory.

"Good." Poor Clint.

Such a great issue. Going back to the nickel trick tells me that a lot of the various random stuff will indeed be tied together in time.

I decided to add this to my pull list and am in the process of hunting down #1-2, the only issues I don't have. And they're hard to find.

I recently redhead this whole thing and then just read the annual today. It's so good. So I guess Kate is going
to be having her own adventures in LA for a while.

Question, Madame Masque
used to be disfigured on her face, hence the mask, but then the Hood healed her using the norn stones, yeah?
. Just making sure I'm remembering correctly.

So what happened to this series, anyways? There hasn't been an issue in months, and Marvel.com's solicitation for issue 13 lists a date that we're well past by now. What gives?

So what happened to this series, anyways? There hasn't been an issue in months, and Marvel.com's solicitation for issue 13 lists a date that we're well past by now. What gives?

"Months"? The annual came out in August, didn't it? I think it's just September that we didn't get an issue.

It's bi-monthly now.

Is that official? I don't remember hearing or seeing that.

Seriously? That sucks! It better not be bi-monthly because Fraction is too busy writing a comic about people who rob banks after they stop time by having sex...

Sex Criminals is really good after one issue. I'd rather blame his Fantastic Four book or Satellite Sam.

That comic is fantastic and I'd gladly trade Hawkeye for it.

Well let's not get carried away.

Is that official? I don't remember hearing or seeing that.
I saw a mention somewhere that it was going to be bi-monthly. Or that there were going to be skip months, something like that. I know #15 was delayed until November. It was originally solicited for September before being again shown in the November solicitations.

Latest posts

Back