Avengers New Mystery Avenger/Ronin theory

E

Excelsior Club
My apologies if someone has said this before - I don't recall reading it anywhere.

I just got done re-reading New Avengers #1-6, and seeing as how the ending, particularly the last scene, was left way open - it's obvious that this particular story isn't closed.

So we have this Yelena/Black Widow chick, skin a-boilin', recovering while her boss asks her if she wants revenge, seemingly indicating that he will be able to restore her in some way and assist her in taking the New Avengers down.

What better way than to infiltrate as a member of the team?

Of course I have no theory as to how this could happen, other than maybe she poses as a merc-for-hire that SHIELD recommends for the team or for a mission. But she would fit the "shock" surprise (any double-agent would) we've been promised.

Does anyone know anything about *this* Black Widow? Specific powers, abilities, etc.?

Yeah, I would love to see that theory come into fruition. It just makes the most sense to me and I wouldn't put that sort of thinking past Bendis.

I'm pretty certain its Silver Samurai or Yukio,based on the solicit for the frirst issue of Ronin.

UltimateE said:
My apologies if someone has said this before - I don't recall reading it anywhere.

I just got done re-reading New Avengers #1-6, and seeing as how the ending, particularly the last scene, was left way open - it's obvious that this particular story isn't closed.

So we have this Yelena/Black Widow chick, skin a-boilin', recovering while her boss asks her if she wants revenge, seemingly indicating that he will be able to restore her in some way and assist her in taking the New Avengers down.

What better way than to infiltrate as a member of the team?

Of course I have no theory as to how this could happen, other than maybe she poses as a merc-for-hire that SHIELD recommends for the team or for a mission. But she would fit the "shock" surprise (any double-agent would) we've been promised.

Does anyone know anything about *this* Black Widow? Specific powers, abilities, etc.?
Then she either gets a breast reduction or that must be one big man-chest armor-type suit!

:lol:

I still thin it'll be Nick Fury, but I'm in the minority there.

I almost positive it'sa man, but if it wasn't that'd be a cool theory.

Johnny Bravo said:
I'm pretty certain its Silver Samurai or Yukio,based on the solicit for the frirst issue of Ronin.

Id be for that, but silver samurai is supposed to return as a villain, seeing as though i hear he is supposed to fight against spider-woman, i dont see it being him..but after house of m # 3, you know who wouldnt surprise me...
Honestly, i dont see ronin sticking around in the long run, i think he wont be used regularly (as ronin if he is really someone important underneath) after bendis is done. This is why i pulled for Fury...but its still up in the air.

EDIT: i thought there was a thread about this already, shouldnt they be merged?

icemastertron said:
Then she either gets a breast reduction or that must be one big man-chest armor-type suit!

Princess Leia in the Bounty Hunter disguise disagrees with you.

UltimateE said:
Princess Leia in the Bounty Hunter disguise disagrees with you.
I posted that as joke, hence the ":lol:". Didn't figure people would actually agree with that.

But I don't agree with your theory, on the serious side. I think it's gonna be a guy, because people dont really know who Yelena is, and it was stated that the identity of Ronin would make Bendis catch a lot of heat. If it's Yelena, I dont see that happening.

Johnny Bravo said:
Where/when?
A lot of places, can't remember now, it was a long while ago. And I *think* Bendis may have said that himself in an interview. When? When the first news of Ronin broke out.

icemastertron said:
it was stated that the identity of Ronin would make Bendis catch a lot of heat.

You don' think he'd catch heat for having it be a) a previously little-known character and b) a double agent? Be careful what you believe from writers talking about their own books.

UltimateE said:
You don' think he'd catch heat for having it be a) a previously little-known character and b) a double agent? Be careful what you believe from writers talking about their own books.
No, I dont. I dont think barely anyone getting pissed about that.

Or, it could be that MwoF and Ice think he would catch more heat for, say, Nick Fury or Hawkeye joining the team because that is changing their identity. I think I would have a problem with Bendis turning Hawkeye into the Ronin. Think about it, Bendis only created the Ronin so that he could throw people off. Hawkeye is dead, supposedly, anyway, and Bendis wants him on the Avengers... What better way to device a character to doop all of his fans? That's how I'm thinking right now.

Goodwill said:
Or, it could be that MwoF and Ice think he would catch more heat for, say, Nick Fury or Hawkeye joining the team because that is changing their identity. I think I would have a problem with Bendis turning Hawkeye into the Ronin. Think about it, Bendis only created the Ronin so that he could throw people off. Hawkeye is dead, supposedly, anyway, and Bendis wants him on the Avengers... What better way to device a character to doop all of his fans? That's how I'm thinking right now.

That's exactly what I think. Compromising a character like that would piss a lot of fans off. When Daredevil was the front runner I was livid.

Yeah, I mean, it's going to end up being as bad an idea as killing off Elektra was... Fans will be really pissed if he's taking one character and changing their identity to Ronin. I am not open to anyone becoming the Ronin unless it's as E explained, the Black Widow II.

Goodwill said:
Yeah, I mean, it's going to end up being as bad an idea as killing off Elektra was... Fans will be really pissed if he's taking one character and changing their identity to Ronin. I am not open to anyone becoming the Ronin unless it's as E explained, the Black Widow II.
Yeah, I get what you're saying, but that's exactly what is being done, being someone that is not Black Widow II. Someone who you wouldn't want to be Ronin, hence the whole fans being pissed off at Bendis.

But saying that it would be at the scale like when Elektra was killed? Never thought of that. Nice one. I can definetly see it being at that level, with all that we're being told.

Latest posts

Back