New Questions Answered by Robert Kirkman

Re: New Questions Answered by Robert Kirkman - Updated with More Answers!!

Hi-Fi said:
Hey Mr. Kirkman, do you have any plans to address the Apocolypse plotline that Vaughn left hanging out there. Him being a favorite villian of mine I was hoping for big things. Thanks

I will be touching on everything set up in Ultimate X-Men so far. No stone will be left unturned.

-Robert
He did say he would be dealing with the subplots, which is cool. It's time we know some more!

jtg3885 said:
You know, this could be one of those things that Millar created as part of the backstories but has never been used and Kirkman picked it up. Don't all run to heap blame on him when you have no way of knowing that goes on behind the scenes.
So what if Millar created the backstory? Until it's printed anywhere, it's about as canon as me.

DIrishB said:
It would seem. I've heard of the Friends of Humanity before, but I'm not familiar with them.
Not much information to be found besides this that basically sums them up:

In his adult years, Graydon formed a group called the Friends of Humanity, dedicated to opposing mutant civil rights by committing acts of terrorism against peaceful mutants and mutant sympathizers, and using the acts of violent mutants such as Magneto to rally support for their cause. He was also a member of the Upstarts, a group of well-connected murderous youths who were being manipulated by the telepathic Gamesmaster for his own amusement.

Kirkman seems to be gaining some momentum now... I knew this would happen and I'm confident he'll be good for the title. Nice.

Also, the Friends of Humanity? I'm interested... Although I can't say I know anything about them.

Here's two questions I asked Robert.

1.) Anything you can tell us about your plans with Iceman? It'd be great if we can see the prankster side of him. And get some more 'respect', too. He can't be all joking all the time.

Yes, of course. He's a young character and it'd be nice to see him mature and evolve. It's just a matter of time. It's impossible to feature all these characters all the time so some of them have to take a back seat from time to time. Iceman's time will come. He was always one of my favorites.

2.) Would it be possible to know the name of the arc with Cable?

We haven't decided yet. I've just been calling it "CABLE" for now. The script for 75 is already written, but I'm not the best at titles (Date Night anyone?) and usually prefer to wait until the last minute.

-Robert

Hopefully he doesn't end up with just "Cable" as the title. I mean, I know it's nothing big, but just calling arcs with a character name isn't very creative. Not that titles HAVE to be creative. But...I should shut up now.

Yay for Ice for going to Kirkman's forum to ask some questions too. Now I'm not the only one annoying Robert with a bazillion of questions.:D

Good to know about Iceman. This big line-up change scares me a bit because I like all of the characters in the team right now, but it seems that Bobby is not going anywhere. I just hope this means that Rogue will stay as well. Though I'm pretty sure she'll leave in the Annual. Just a feeling I have.

Titles aren't crucial important, but when you hear the idea of an arc with a great title it gives you goose bumps.

Kirkman said that he would be changing the team line-up? Drastically? What does that mean, exactly? If Charles left and Cable stepped in for him as a mainstay, I think that would be interesting... We've seen other characters leave and it doesn't really seem to effect the dynamic very much. Hopefully this change will stir stuff up.

Hi-Fi said:
Yay for Ice for going to Kirkman's forum to ask some questions too. Now I'm not the only one annoying Robert with a bazillion of questions.:D

Good to know about Iceman. This big line-up change scares me a bit because I like all of the characters in the team right now, but it seems that Bobby is not going anywhere. I just hope this means that Rogue will stay as well. Though I'm pretty sure she'll leave in the Annual. Just a feeling I have.

It'd be a shame if she did as now they are starting to gel her with Wolverine. I do hope Bobby they get rid of the Rogue/Bobby storyline. I've never liked them together and they are even chemistry-less in the comics.

Yeah, I agree. The relationship between Rogue and Bobby has grown stale. I think we've seen it in just about every outlet there is for the X-Men... Television, movies, comics, games... We know, Marvel.

Goodwill said:
Yeah, I agree. The relationship between Rogue and Bobby has grown stale. I think we've seen it in just about every outlet there is for the X-Men... Television, movies, comics, games... We know, Marvel.
I'd like to know where Rouge and Bobby have been together as a couple in tv and games. :sure:

Interesting bit that I found:

Toboe said:
Also, could you tell me how come Wolverine gets smaller every issue? I mean, on the first issues he was about Cyclop's height, and when Finch did the art Wolverine was taller than Storm. But since the Cry Wolf arc he has gotten smaller (see the kiss with Storm on this arc and when he is shown beside her on Date Night... also the cover of issue 69, where Scott is now way taller than him). So is this just depending on the artist or is Logan actually shrinking?

Yes, he IS shrinking. this will be an upcoming plot point that will be explored. I believe issue 80 focuses on this ENTIRELY.

-Robert

Latest posts

Back