New Questions Answered by Robert Kirkman

Hi-Fi

New Questions Answered by Robert Kirkman - Updated with More Answers!!

Thought you guys would be interested in this:

1)First, why the hell would a terrorist group like the Brotherhood break in some prom for no reason at all?? I mean, I know that there's something to do with the Magician powers, but a little explanation in this arc would be welcome.

This will all be revealed soon. Issues 66-74 are all one, mega-arc with two different artists. Answers to come, don't worry.

2)I'd also love to see more personality in Madrox and Mastermind, but I don't think I'll get that anytime soon now that the fight is over.

Maybe that wasn't really them.

3)Also, about the Magician: I hate him. I know it's all going somewhere. Everything is happening for a reason. I just can't wait to see this storyline finished and see the Magician packing so we can kick off the Cable arc, really.

You'll like where things are going starting with issue 75.

4)But the thing that most bugged me in this arc was the fact that Jean told Lilandra that her parents don't care about her at all. Well, in Ultimate War, Jean's father sounds like her best friend, so I just don't get it. Was that a continuity error or was something Phoenix was saying and not Jean?

I believe Jean was abandoned by her parents and sent to an asylum. After which, her uncle adopted her. No continuity error there.

5)PLEASE give Kitty and Nightcrawler some spotlight! I know the cast is big, but having someone say "Kitty is with Spider-Man" every arc is makind me kinda mad.

Nightcrawler is the focus of the annual. Kitty has been in Ultimate Spider-Man so much I figured it'd be okay if she took a back seat for a little while. That will change soon as well.

6)Another thing. They said in the letters page that the Annual would deal with Rogue/Gambit. But now the solicitations say it will deal with Dazzler. What changed?

It's quite possible that the Annual deals with BOTH.

Peace out!

-Robert

http://www.imagecomics.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=17234

Feel free to ask more questions to him.

I just hope this whole Magician arc conclusion will be good and tie all the lose ends.

New Questions Answered:

1) How many parts will the Cable arc have?

Four but it is the catalyst for the next year or so of the book. It leads to big stuff.

2) Will the team line-up change in the short future? I hope not. I like this team big.

Everything will be changing very soon.

3)Rogue/Gambit plot. Will it be resolved in the next months or will it be a continuous plot for a long time?

Buy the Annual.

4)Magneto/Longshot situation. Now that you're in for the long run, any chance you'll touch on this subject?

Of course... but not for a while.

5)Spider-Man in this book interacting with the cast. Will it happen?

No plans right now, but I'd like to do that.

6)Logan/Jean tension? Logan/Colossus friendship? More Logan/Rogue?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

7) I hope Dazzler wakes up and tells Kurt he's an homophobic jerk. If I remember correctly, she was shocked by Kurt's reaction about Colossus in the Longshot arc.

Buy the annual.

One more question answered:

Hey Mr. Kirkman, do you have any plans to address the Apocolypse plotline that Vaughn left hanging out there. Him being a favorite villian of mine I was hoping for big things. Thanks

I will be touching on everything set up in Ultimate X-Men so far. No stone will be left unturned.

-Robert

Last edited:
Re: New Questions Answered by Robert

Robert Kirkman said:
I believe Jean was abandoned by her parents and sent to an asylum. After which, her uncle adopted her. No continuity error there.

... when did this happen? I'm pretty sure Jean wasn't abandoned by her parents... I know she went to an asylum, but then Xavier helped her, and I'm pretty sure her uncle has never even been mentioned.

Frickin' Kirkman.

ProjectX2 said:
... when did this happen? I'm pretty sure Jean wasn't abandoned by her parents... I know she went to an asylum, but then Xavier helped her, and I'm pretty sure her uncle has never even been mentioned.

Frickin' Kirkman.

Agreed. It was pretty clear that was meant to be her father in Ultimate War, though I am only going from memory so maybe I'm wrong.

DIrishB said:
Agreed. It was pretty clear that was meant to be her father in Ultimate War, though I am only going from memory so maybe I'm wrong.

It was definitely her father. I reread Ultimate War around a week ago, and there was no sign that it was her uncle. Kirkman is making stuff up.

DIrishB said:

UW02-03_s.jpg

UW02-04_s.jpg

UW02-06_s.jpg

Well, if that was suppose to be her uncle, when were they gonna tell US that? :?

Professor Grey refer to Jean as his daughter.

Sure, he could be an uncle who became legal guardian. When you adopt a child with no blood ties to you, you will naturally come to call the child "daughter" or "son". But if the child is your niece, I'd think you keep referring to her that way.

But I can accept this explanation. Because Jean was in an asylum. That was established much earlier. And reconciling the caring parent of Ultimate War with an abandoned child in an asylum is also difficult to do.

Last edited:

Ultimate Warrior said:
UW02-03_s.jpg

UW02-04_s.jpg

UW02-06_s.jpg

Well, if that was suppose to be her uncle, when were they gonna tell US that? :?

Good call, Warrior. Yup, looks like Kirkman is just pulling stuff out of his ***. I suppose it could be argued that its biologically her uncle, and that he adopted her and now refers to her as his daughter...though thats a bit too close to Alabama inter-family relations for my personal taste.

You should go post that at the Kirkman board, Ultimate Warrior. That will show him. :)

ProjectX2 said:
You should go post that at the Kirkman board, Ultimate Warrior. That will show him. :)

Agreed. I'm not hating on Kirkman, as I generally very much enjoy his work, but this is just blatantly incorrect info he's spouting out. He should be called on that, methinks.

I don't like all this Kirkman bashing, but what can you do? I think he's doing a fine job so far, even though Vaughan was way better. And my friends at school always lend me their 616 X-Men comics, and I gotta tell you, I'd choose Kirkman over almost ninety percent of the 616 X-Men titles, which were really terrible. I mean, REALLY terrible.

ultimatedjf said:
I don't like all this Kirkman bashing, but what can you do? I think he's doing a fine job so far, even though Vaughan was way better. And my friends at school always lend me their 616 X-Men comics, and I gotta tell you, I'd choose Kirkman over almost ninety percent of the 616 X-Men titles, which were really terrible. I mean, REALLY terrible.
??? It's not Kirkman we bash but his statement. His writing has yet to be bashed in this thread :D

Moved to the news forum.

Good find, Hi-Fi. Interesting answers Kirkman gave.

Last edited:

I just checked the Ultimate X-Men handbook too. Under known relatives it has "Professor Grey (father)." The man can't even read a handbook to confirm what's been established about his characters. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy...

I also don't think sending your child to a psychiatric institution makes you a bad parent. Jean clearly had severe problems that couldn't be dealt with by her father. In my opinion, an institution was the right place for her. The only one who could help her was Xavier and he did. No one wants to see their child suffering or have resort to commiting their child, but sometimes it has to be done.

If you literally dropped them off and never saw them again that would be one thing, that would make you a terrible person.

I always assumed that those students with parents were in regular communication with them via phone and e-mail.

Last edited:

GAH! THE BACHALO! IT BURRRRRRRRNS!

I agree with Eeeeeeeeville. It doesn't say anything about being biological. Even if he is wrong, it looks like something easily retconned.

E said:
GAH! THE BACHALO! IT BURRRRRRRRNS!

I agree with Eeeeeeeeville. It doesn't say anything about being biological. Even if he is wrong, it looks like something easily retconned.
Definitely. It's jsut retarded that he can't be bothered to check out the basic facts.

Damn Bacchalo. Kirkman may annoy me but Bacchalo needs to die.

Also, does someone want to add "Kirkman" to the title of the thread?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back