new to ultimate X-men.

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
I'm new to the ultimate comics as i've not read anything unless it was in ultimate spider-man. I desided that i would get another Ultimate series. So on ebay last night i bought the tpbs of ultimate x-men 1+2.

When they get here i will post what i think here.

I actually gave it much thought as to which series i wanted. First i thought FF beacuse its not been out as long ( i think) then i thought ultimates as alot of people on here like it. finally i desided

-I like wolverine he would be in my top 5 marvel characterds

-X-men seems like the one with most drama.

-X-men crossed over with ultimate spidey a few times (plus i read about the kittie thing on here as i'm only up to silver sabel arc not seen that happen yet.) so i figured i might miss some spidey stuff or it wouuld improve any cross overs at least.

Ultimate X-Men is great. I really like it. You'll be surprised at all the little twist in it. I got into it the same way. I wanted to read some Ultimate titles but i went on ebay and bought some almost full runs of Ultimate X-Men and Spiderman(still need X-men 1 & Spiderman 1-7 ). Overall i really enjoy them both. Wolverine does someing very "interesting" in this series. Im getting into the Ultimates next.

sjmole said:
I'm new to the ultimate comics as i've not read anything unless it was in ultimate spider-man. I desided that i would get another Ultimate series. So on ebay last night i bought the tpbs of ultimate x-men 1+2.

When they get here i will post what i think here.

I actually gave it much thought as to which series i wanted. First i thought FF beacuse its not been out as long ( i think) then i thought ultimates as alot of people on here like it. finally i desided

-I like wolverine he would be in my top 5 marvel characterds

-X-men seems like the one with most drama.

-X-men crossed over with ultimate spidey a few times (plus i read about the kittie thing on here as i'm only up to silver sabel arc not seen that happen yet.) so i figured i might miss some spidey stuff or it wouuld improve any cross overs at least.

If youre buying the first and second TPB volumes of Ult. X-Men I have a feeling you'll enjoy them... Those are the first Ultimate Books i got started with... Millar is a genius... after his run though the Books arent as good but Brian K. Vaughn has held his ground as of now. Good books those Ultimate X-Men have.. good books.

After you read all of Millar's run on Ultimate X-Men, you really should check out Ultimates. That's the comic book lover's comic book. It's everything you want in a good comic.

And the delays work well with new people to the series. It gives you MORE THAN ENOUGH time to catch up.

Ultimate X-Men:

Millar- Great.
Bendis- Meh.
Vaughan- Great.
Kirkman- On Going, but so far it's a little off.

I thought Millar's run was too over-the-top. Look at how Ultimates and Ultimate Spider-Man started - modernized origins, very much down-to-earth. UXM isn't like that. It starts off with Sentinels flying around killing mutants - too much.

Kirkman's arc started as a filler arc and it reads like it, but once he gets his footing right, I imagine we'll be seeing some good reading right there.

E said:
I thought Millar's run was too over-the-top. Look at how Ultimates and Ultimate Spider-Man started - modernized origins, very much down-to-earth. UXM isn't like that. It starts off with Sentinels flying around killing mutants - too much.

Nah it wasnt that over the top if you think about it. People just hate what they fear. The X-Mens Origins are just as modernized as the Ultimates and Ultimate Spiderman. And you mean to tell me if mutants became real in the
21st century that people wouldnt fear and hate them? There would be sentinels flying out the *** in the US if mutants were real. Millar did a great job on the book.

Last edited:
E said:

I actually liked the way it started. It gave the title good shock value right off the bat. Then it introduced the characters and we got their backgrounds which I thought went well the the whole flow of the first couple issues.

E said:

like the 90s cartoon started?

UXM is alright, but you should have got the Ultimates. It's only three trades, and it's one of the best stories you'll ever read.

ProjectX2 said:
UXM is alright, but you should have got the Ultimates. It's only three trades, and it's one of the best stories you'll ever read.

I honestly was thinking about gettig that but I thought i hate the art and stuff on ultimate six arc of ultimate spider-man wouldn't this be same?

but i might by the ultimates 1 + 2 sometime

sjmole said:
I honestly was thinking about gettig that but I thought i hate the art and stuff on ultimate six arc of ultimate spider-man wouldn't this be same?

but i might by the ultimates 1 + 2 sometime

No. Hairsine and Hitch are similar, but they have completely different styles.

To read anything in the UU and not have Ultimates on the list is just wrong.

If you wanna get into UXM---fine. But you NEED to be reading Ultimates.

Victor Von Doom said:
To read anything in the UU and not have Ultimates on the list is just wrong.

If you wanna get into UXM---fine. But you NEED to be reading Ultimates.
I agree with VVD.

That was a hard thing to say :D.

sjmole said:
you should get the ultimate x-men collection it has vol.'s 1 & 2, the first gambit arc (my fav. UXM arc austen knocked it out of the park on that one) and UXM 1/2 it's a great value

you know how some stores like barnes & noble have that giant hardcover for USM (which covers vol's 1-6 and USM 1/2) they should make more of those

bendis and vaughn's stuff were fantastic (especially with finch :shock: )

Maybe but i've never been a fan of the avengers also. i started with ultimate spider-man as imo the spider-man comics are best superhero ones. I like his villans. I like the fact he has real teenage problems (at least in ultimate universe) next was x-men as i like wolverine and x-men + evolution cartoons and the movies of it plus the reasons i stated above.

if i get another ultimate series it will most likely be ultimate team up first to get the whole ultimate spider-man story then ultimates as maybe that will get me to lie ultimate six more.

One question to everyone thou. how big a part does the mutant from ultimate spider-man play in x-men?. I forget his name it was gandolph or something like that

sjmole said:
One question to everyone thou. how big a part does the mutant from ultimate spider-man play in x-men?. I forget his name it was gandolph or something like that
gehldoff makes absolutely no appearence in UXM what so ever it's like he fell of the face of the earth

gemini-mk said:
gehldoff makes absolutely no appearence in UXM what so ever it's like he fell of the face of the earth

that kind of sucks.

yes he sucked BIG TIME imo but i still felt if he was in ultimate x-men he might of gotten more character development and became a cool character.

sjmole said:
that kind of sucks.

yes he sucked BIG TIME imo but i still felt if he was in ultimate x-men he might of gotten more character development and became a cool character.

You are now even deader to me. Too not read Ultimates is a crime. But this.......this......... :sick:

Latest posts

Back